Garage Crashed My Car

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:28 AM

Took my VXR to be serviced and to report a paint defect. Just had a call from the service manager to tell me the technician span it into a wall. Great start to the week.

#2 dunky

dunky

• PipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Underwater Hockey<br>Cycling

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:29 AM

V. sorry to hear that. Presumably not a good enough job to do a Geoff with the insurers.

#3 chuno

chuno

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Football (playing and watching)

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:29 AM

:o :o :9mm: Whats the damage? :unsure:

Edited by chuno, 20 February 2006 - 11:29 AM.

#4 Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:30 AM

V. sorry to hear that.

Presumably not a good enough job to do a Geoff with the insurers.

Not sure yet they are assessing the damage, but from what he has told me it could be a write off.

#5 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:31 AM

thumbsdown

#6 Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:31 AM

:o :o :9mm:
Whats the damage? :unsure:

side impact thats all I know, sounds like at least new door and clams, plus wheels and maybe suspension.

#7 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:36 AM

That is terrible news :( What's the deal with insurance then as there is no way in the world you should have to suffer in anyway. Surely they just have to pay you for the car :unsure:

#8 iceman

iceman

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,159 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:36 AM

:o :o :( Blummin heck mate...Fools :angry: :tt: :beat: Heart goes-out to you :grouphug: It's one thing loosing control and hurting her yourself! but to have it done like this is so very sad :( Fingers crossed for you thumbsup

#9 HRL

HRL

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:39 AM

Sorry to hear about your VXR. :( When will these monkeys at the garages learn! :9mm: Are you able to name and shame? Could prevent it from happening to someone else too.

#10 Pipo

Pipo

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • Interests:Computer, automotive technics, electronics, MTB, Alpine ski, playing keyboard.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:39 AM

You can't trust anyone these days :angry: :9mm: :9mm: :9mm: They are supposed to repair your car, not to race it ! :beat:

#11 chuno

chuno

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Football (playing and watching)

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:43 AM

:angry: :angry: I just can't desrcibe how angry I would be if this happened to me :angry: :angry: Even if you are trying to sell it, it's not a nice thing to happen. There won't be many VXR's left at this rate :( :( Would they really need to push it that much on a test drive to write it off? :unsure: Get as much as you can from them thumbsup . As said, I take it your insurance has nothing to do with it?

#12 Paul.Stuhlfelder

Paul.Stuhlfelder

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:44 AM

The garage insurance should cover it, One of my mates used to work at a tyre center, and one of the other monkeys that worked there fitted a new tyre to a fairly new M3 then "test drove" it and spun it off a roundabout into a couple of parked cars :o

#13 LazyDonkey

LazyDonkey

Lotus imposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:46 AM

I think we can all say we've worried about getting that call when you put your VX in for a service :o Sorry to hear that - often wondered how you react to that kinda news. Even if they pay up for repairs it still means you car had had a crash thus (potentially) reducing its value. And it wasn't your fault. Bad luck thumbsdown

#14 ad172

ad172

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Driving

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:47 AM

Gutted to hear that mate. Were you not trying to sell it a few weeks ago?? Might be a bit of blessing.

#15 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:48 AM

i went absolutely metal at my local dealership, when they scratched mine, by reversing into it. To their credit, they made it good by being very flexible and literally doing everything a wanted, i.e sending it to TMS etc etc. I know this is much less than a proper crash, but hopefully they will look after you. good luck and sorry to hear about it, it was such a nice car. :(

#16 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:48 AM

There could be a sliver lining in this cloud! ;)

#17 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 11:49 AM

Oh dear!! Guess who's getting their P45 later today then! Hope it works out in your favour Bletch.

#18 Guest_AntB (Guest)

Guest_AntB (Guest)

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:26 PM

Tw@ts. from beginning to end poxall have really fcuked up the vx220 haven't they :beat: hopefully they'll stick to servicing/ flogging merivas from now on. very sorry to hear about another lovely vxr being smashed, especially under the circumstances :(

#19 Timbo

Timbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:26 PM

Well you did want rid of it B) . Thats quite bizarre to be honest, picked the beemer up last week and was looking round it, new passenger door and sill, looked all lovely and shiny. Went round to the passenger side and where the front and rear doors meet was a nice big scrape mark, it looked like someone had hit a post or something!! The guy turns round and says that was on there when it came in, as you can imagine i went something like this, :o :angry: :beat: . Low and behold after a day of phonecalls going back and forth, they agreed to fix it but werent admitting they did it. Whatever i said, should be picking it up today, with the otherside of the car resprayed :rolleyes:

#20 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts
  • Interests:F1, track days, cars ,cars and cars.

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:30 PM

Oh well hopefully you will get the money quicker than selling it. thumbsup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users