Garage Crashed My Car

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 bren.wright

bren.wright

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:32 PM

:o That's shocking, if it's not a write off I would demand they replace the car and not repair it!

#22 VIX

VIX

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,497 posts

Bad news mate. I'd like to say it's fcuking unbelievable but unfortunately the way the dealers treat our cars I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. They're a bunch of cnuts (IMHO and experience of course). :angry:

#23 suikoden

suikoden

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Erm...that is shocking. surely they should not be blatting it around the place!! id get them to give you the money for the VXR and then sue them straight away for being twats... Judge will be on your side...there is no way a garage should do that... maybe you will get an out of court settlement - nice...worth a go ;) cheers tom

Edited by suikoden, 20 February 2006 - 12:33 PM.

#24 x-isle

x-isle

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  • Interests:Racing in the Mighty Minis Racing Championship (currently having a year out).

According to my local Vx dealer, staff are NOT allowed to drive the car unless the customer is present. Obviously apart from driving it into the workshop etc.....

#25 p4cks

p4cks

Newbie abuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:33 PM

I'm just echoing earlier posts (pipo & chuno) that you could argue the fact that why was the car pushed so hard on a test-drive? Could/would this have happened with Mrs Smith's 1.0 Corsa??!! If this happened to mine I'd be absolutely livid. I'm annoyed now and it's not even my car! :beat: to the dealers (again)

#26 suikoden

suikoden

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:34 PM

According to my local Vx dealer, staff are NOT allowed to drive the car unless the customer is present.  Obviously apart from driving it into the workshop etc.....

There you go then...basis for court proceedings...stuff them for everything mate.

I would...

laterz

tom

Edited by suikoden, 20 February 2006 - 12:34 PM.

#27 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,881 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:34 PM

thumbsdown Gutted mate :(

#28 geofflowe

geofflowe

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts
  • Interests:Cars

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:35 PM

Sorry to hear that Sean. Hope the outcome is OK either way. thumbsup

#29 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:48 PM

CNUTS!!! :angry: :angry: Took Ben in the VXR to nursery this morning as looked dry outside - came off only island with inside wheel spinning :o Hardly touched the throttle, missus would have my nutz though, no excuses :blink: V greasy...

#30 RichH

RichH

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:48 PM

Sorry to hear this mate :( I can't think of any reason whatsoever that a normal vauxhall garage should come even remotely close to unleashing that sort of power, even on a test run. Out of interest, did you know they were going to be taking your car out? What was it in for? standard service? I hope it gets sorted out ASAP, and they compensate you accordingly thumbsup

#31 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:55 PM

Soz to hear that Sean :(

#32 Richiemouse

Richiemouse

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Football (gooner), Bikes

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:57 PM

I can't think of any reason whatsoever that a normal vauxhall garage should come even remotely close to unleashing that sort of power, even on a test run.

Out of interest, did you know they were going to be taking your car out? What was it in for? standard service?

I was thinking this, is it normal to take a car out for a test drive when it's just in for a service?

Perhaps they were seeing if the paint defect was caused by spinning the car into walls!

#33 ECM

ECM

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:05 PM

thumbsdown TBH mate that sucks :(

#34 p4cks

p4cks

Newbie abuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:10 PM

Just re-reading your first post... Was sent to garage for a paint defect so surely a test-drive was unnecessary. :blink:

#35 BradW

BradW

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:12 PM

V'hall all over!!! :angry: thumbsdown Disgraceful... Hope something good comes out of it for you though....somehow! :unsure:

#36 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:16 PM

I always ask Paul at baylis to take the car for a run after service or whatever they are doing. He usually takes the same route, which is about 6-8miles. Last time he diagnosed faulty servo hoses and a couple of other things. Sadly these things can happen. Your case does sound like someone was out for a thrash, good luck and hopefully it will be a fast and haslte free resolution.

#37 waverunner

waverunner

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts
  • Interests:Staying afloat!

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:21 PM

Sorry to hear about this. Gutted for you :( If its not a write off it still sounds like its going to be a sizeable repair. I'm not sure I'd want the car back under those circumstances. Vauxhall's history of the car will show the extent of the repair which could presumeably affect it's resale value, or at the very least make it more difficult to sell on. Why should you have to put up with that when the accident was in no way your fault. Hope it gets sorted to your satisfaction whichever way it goes. Name and shame so other VXers can be wary of the dealership.

#38 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:24 PM

Jesus that's terrible. Test drive is one thing but what was the guy doing to smash it up that bad?? You have to question how he was driving it. So when can the parts scavaging begin?? :o :poke:

#39 suikoden

suikoden

• Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:27 PM

Check if the guy has a licence... tom

#40 RichM

RichM

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:32 PM

:o :o :o I've lost all trust in most dealers now, next time I take a car to a dealer, I'm going to leave my PDA Satnav in the glovebox recording the trip, at least then I can see what they were up to, even if they don't stack it! I hope it all gets sorted out quickly for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users