• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#41 Anarchy

Anarchy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:05 PM

I am being lazy by asking here but I want to buy some wire to extend the ECU anyone got any links of what you have used, maybe off Ebay? I am sure I could figure it out if I took a look at the car and went to a shop but online there is a choice of hundreds of different wire types.

#42 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:23 AM

I thought you just had to relocate the ECU and move the wiring, and then extend the other wires that no longer reach because you moved the ECU plug wiring... That was my understanding of it anyway, although I think it depends on exactly where you locate the ECU (near coolant tank or on the fire wall). What have you done with the dipstick tube, just bent it out the way? Ross

#43 Anarchy

Anarchy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:35 PM

I got the impression all the wires to the ECU were extended to mount it on the bulkhead, now I am not so sure.

#44 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:00 PM

I got the impression all the wires to the ECU were extended to mount it on the bulkhead, now I am not so sure.

No, just like rosssco says, the loom has a few short wires on at the end, as it splits near the ecu.
Once you relocate it, you will see that the injectors,map sensor and ecap valve wires are not long enough.

Make sure to mark your injector wires 1,2,3, and 4 before cutting and extending.

Edited by smiley, 18 October 2011 - 11:09 PM.

#45 Anarchy

Anarchy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

I might have access to an actual garage, someone is offering me one and just have to contribute to the electric bill. This will be a real help especially as it is getting cold and dark. I have been looking on CMS and think I need this lot, some of the little bits like pipe connectors, screws etc I am not too sure about is there anything obvious I have missed? Belt 2.2 S/C Stage 1 Belt for Z22SE supercharger conversion Stage 1 for VX220/Speedster (No Aircon) using larger stage 1 pulley BeltSC1 ∞ £12.46 £12.46 Bolts - Alternator Bolts and Washers 2.2 S/C (Set of 2) Alternator Bolts required for Z22SE supercharger conversion. Includes form C washers Supplied in Pairs. 2 Long Bolts … ABSC ∞ £1.25 £1.25 Bolts - Inlet Manifold to Head Bolts and Washers (Set of 7) High Tensile 12.9 Bolts for mounting the Supercharged Inlet Manifold to the Z22SE 2.2 Head and Washers Supplied … IMHBWSC ∞ £2.42 £2.42 Bolts - S/C to Inlet Manifold Bolts and Washers (Set of 4) Bolts and Washers for securing the supercharger assembly to the inlet manifold. Supplied in Sets of Four - Four Bolts… 4BWSCIM ∞ £1.00 £1.00 Idle Pulley, Bracket and Bolt 2.2 S/C Idle Pulley, Alloy Bracket, Bolt and washers for use in Z22SE supercharger conversion. Required to get correct b… SCIPBB ∞ £65.08 £65.08 Inlet Manifold Support Bracket S/C Inlet Manifold Support Bracket for S/C inlet manifold IMSBSC ∞ £41.46 £41.46 Map Sensor 2.2 S/C Stage 1 and 2 Map Sensor for use in Z22SE Supercharger Stage 1 and 2 conversion. Replaces the existing OE map sensor. MSSC12 ∞ £53.00 £53.00 Pulley 2.2 S/C Stage 1 Alloy pulley for use with the 2.2 Z22SE Stage 1 supercharger conversion, in place of the OE supplied pulley SCP1 ∞ £42.58 £42.58

#46 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:36 PM

I'll check against my list tomorrow mate, but off the top of my head, injectors and plugs, 2x alignment bungs.. Not sure what else you have, but make sure you have various gaskets etc. Ross

#47 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:17 AM

Not sure if it's been mentioned or already done, but timing chain worth doing while you've got clam and other bits off...

#48 Anarchy

Anarchy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

Injectors and plugs - Check Timing chain - done Gaskets - I think came with the charger/manifold, will have to check. It is the pipes and stuff I cannot figure out, there is a big S pipe on their website for example, I suppose I will find out when I try put it all together.

#49 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:41 PM

It is the pipes and stuff I cannot figure out, there is a big S pipe on their website for example

The S replaces the existing straight waterpipe that goes straight through the SC nosle, as if it's not there.
As it is there, you either need to route the water over the SC nosle, or around it.
The S is the "around" solution.

At the top of the engine you will see the oem straight pipe:
Posted Image

Here's the S in place:
Posted Image

Not hitting the SC nosle:
Posted Image

Feel free to ask questions about any piece you can't picture.
We're happy to help you visualise thumbsup

Edited by smiley, 27 October 2011 - 09:47 PM.

#50 Anarchy

Anarchy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

I started making a pulley puller/presser today and will post some details when finished but what is the thread in the middle of the pulley shaft, I think it is imperial but want to be sure before I get some threaded bar. Pressuming it works OK, if anyone wants to borrow it for a bit of postage money that will be fine once I have done with it. I have no idea how tight the pulley is going to be but I have basically come up with a frame of 6mm thick plates and four M8 bolts to draw it off and I can up them to M10 if need be, it will make more sense when I post a pic.

#51 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:35 PM

I started making a pulley puller/presser today and will post some details when finished but what is the thread in the middle of the pulley shaft, I think it is imperial but want to be sure before I get some threaded bar.

Pressuming it works OK, if anyone wants to borrow it for a bit of postage money that will be fine once I have done with it.

I have no idea how tight the pulley is going to be but I have basically come up with a frame of 6mm thick plates and four M8 bolts to draw it off and I can up them to M10 if need be, it will make more sense when I post a pic.

The snout thread is M8 IIRC. TBH, you'd be much quicker just taking the SC unit to somewhere local with a press. A garage near me done it, and took them ~10mins. They must have been a good mood too because they never even charged me! For putting it back on, new pulley in the oven till ~200c, quickly onto the greased shaft (ensure you use the correct shaft otherwise it could take a while to heal..), and I used a long M8 bolt and a number of thick washers, getting progressively smaller to basically drive the pulley on. I also used a blow torch to periodically keep heat in it, otherwise it will seize in position. I also wedged some cardboard in the blades to help prevent then from moving when I was pulling the pulley on - just be v.careful if you do this so as not to damage the blades, or put too much torque through the shaft so as to damage the rotor bearings or something..

Oh, and I'm beating you.. :poke:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 Anarchy

Anarchy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

But I will be able to drive mine to work tomorrow. The puley puller will be nothing fancy, is made of bits I have found and is nearly done bar a few bolts.

#53 Anarchy

Anarchy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

Posted Image

#54 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:56 PM

Posted Image

Not if you're leaving that hose on i think :lol:

Posted Image

#55 Anarchy

Anarchy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:58 PM

probably the worst photo ever but that is my sketched for the planned pulley puller. do not buy an Archos G9 tablet for its camera!

#56 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

probably the worst photo ever but that is my sketched for the planned pulley puller.
do not buy an Archos G9 tablet for its camera!

Wow, it really looks as if you ripped that picture out of leonardo da vinci's sketchbook :blink:

#57 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:06 PM

probably the worst photo ever but that is my sketched for the planned pulley puller.
do not buy an Archos G9 tablet for its camera!

Didn't even know it had a camera!

#58 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:03 AM

Posted Image

Not if you're leaving that hose on i think :lol:

Posted Image

:happy: Its temporarily plugged into the manifold vacuum pipe (which will be used for fuel rail damper), but I believe this is just left open to air / ambient pressure..?

I said I was winning, not won yet... (trying to encourage some competion - competion drives progress :tt: )

Ps.- Did you really have to use SUCH a big arrow Smiley... Something small an innocuous would have been fine :lol:

Edited by Rosssco, 23 November 2011 - 09:06 AM.

#59 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

:happy: Its temporarily plugged into the manifold vacuum pipe (which will be used for fuel rail damper), but I believe this is just left open to air / ambient pressure..?

Yes.

Ps.- Did you really have to use SUCH a big arrow Smiley... Something small an innocuous would have been fine :lol:
Yes. I don't do small :tt:

Edited by smiley, 24 November 2011 - 05:44 PM.

#60 Anarchy

Anarchy

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:09 PM

Update 4

After a mega delay, lets call it a winter break, I suppose I just could not be bothered in the cold and dark but there has also been the issue with the lack of SC support brackets, which now most likely will be resolved by getting one from Joe or making something up.

The only thing I have really tried to do is remove the pulley off the SC, it has been on numerous threads over the last few months about how difficult it can be to remove/fit or just move a bit. I figured I would make my own pulley puller, I had no idea how much force would be needed to remove it so I just knocked something up based around easy to acquire parts that I found. My initial sketch is above.

And here the finished article.
Posted Image

Posted Image

It all looked pretty good to me but when I came to remove the pulley the thing just bent so back to the drawing board to strengthen it I think, either that or I get get a local garage to do it or strip the snout end off and get it in the press we have at work.
Posted Image

So no progress really.

Edited by Anarchy, 03 March 2012 - 03:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users