• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 Yellow_or_black?

Yellow_or_black?

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

That was me :D Post up the pic (minus reg; and prob not in this thread - maybe Spotted) thumbsup You should have come and said hello - that would have been really cool. Were you on Speed Chills? You weren't in a VX were you - didn't see any others on BSJ? Vince was so clean and sparkly when we arrived; but all the dust from the tracks made him filthy in hours :( ETA: apologies for sullying your for sale thread Alex. Btw everyone, mandarin is THE best colour; if you haven't seen it in the flesh - you will be astounded; it really is glorious - and aside from fellow VXers, I've had many a Lotus owner secretly tell me they love it. No photo really captures it, since it changes colour in every light. Mine ain't ever gonna be for sale (unless I pop my clogs, in which case actually I'll be buried in it); so you have a one in two chance if you have ever wanted a Mandarin Turbo :D Last time I saw this one, it was immaculate - and I'm sure Alex has looked after it extremely well

Edited by Yellow_or_black?, 18 July 2011 - 05:44 PM.

#22 vx220soon

vx220soon

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:53 PM

That was me :D Post up the pic (minus reg; and prob not in this thread - maybe Spotted) thumbsup You should have come and said hello - that would have been really cool. Were you on Speed Chills? You weren't in a VX were you - didn't see any others on BSJ? Vince was so clean and sparkly when we arrived; but all the dust from the tracks made him filthy in hours :(

ETA: apologies for sullying your for sale thread Alex. Btw everyone, mandarin is THE best colour; if you haven't seen it in the flesh - you will be astounded. No photo really captures it, since it changes colour in every light. Mine ain't ever gonna be for sale (unless I pop my clogs, in which case actually I'll be buried in it); so you have a one in two chance if you have ever wanted a Mandarin Turbo :D Last time I saw this one, it was immaculate - and I'm sure Alex has looked after it extremely well

Ah it was you! I only saw you once but I was with a load of friends at the time so didn't come over, otherwise I would have have popped over. Yeah we were on the Speedchills bit, unfortunately I wasn't in the VX as I lost the battle with my brother who wanted the comfy spacious option which was his Jeep Grand Cherokee (dark blue with stickers on the doors) there was a Yellow VXT in the Speedchills part on BSJ, I wasn't sure who that was. You may have seen the 2 Nobles that were in our group; 1 Orange and the other was Grey and possibly a white MK6 Golf GTI as well all had the same stickers bar the Grey Noble. Yeah it was incredibly dusty! Did you see the state of some of the cars near the entrance! I will upload the pic into the spotted thread :)

#23 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

Alex, why are you selling?

#24 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:24 AM

After doing my ARDS in June, my plan is now to compete in the MSA Trackday Trophy and the VXT does not fit into the regs (limit is 200bhp/tonne). Makes sense to start developing my driving and the car I'm going to compete in sooner rather than later.

That's why mate, oh and because Alex gets itchy feet quickly :lol:
He pines for the 205!!

#25 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:59 AM

I'm back in the UK now and for most of this week am home decorating. Can therefore pretty flexible on viewings if anyone is genuinely interested. Shouldn't have to say it, but if you are not serious about buying, please don't bother contacting me.

#26 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:41 AM

Will you sell the TAT diffuser and Compo's seperaretly? Would give you a cash injection up front.

#27 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:58 AM

I would consider selling the TAT, has never even been taken out of the box (plus have new clips to fit with). Would accept £230 for it. Wheels I am more reluctant to sell first in case the car doesn't sell (I would then want them for using the car on track myself). Have already had a reasonable offer for them too (in excess of the £500 I'm asking with the car).

Edited by Boombang, 06 August 2011 - 11:58 AM.

#28 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,507 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:20 PM

I meet the other 1 in 3 owner at the last surrey meet. Mandarin Turbo with many mods chinky chinky

#29 Red 5

Red 5

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

...i could be intrested in this but its a little more than id like to spend..very nice motor indeed chinky chinky

#30 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:46 AM

I would consider offers, depending on what bits people wanted with the car. Certainly no harm in you, or anyone else, having a chat with me! I thought my first VX220 (n/a) was overpriced, so drove the 3 hours to have a look. Decided when I got there it was actually a bargain and paid almost full asking price.

#31 Red 5

Red 5

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:44 AM

I would consider offers, depending on what bits people wanted with the car. Certainly no harm in you, or anyone else, having a chat with me!

I thought my first VX220 (n/a) was overpriced, so drove the 3 hours to have a look. Decided when I got there it was actually a bargain and paid almost full asking price.

...Thanks again mate...im certainly intrested..PM me your number and il give you a shout at some point this week..ive been to look at a few and there all hiding problems that sellers are either not telling potential buyers about or dont have a clue..which is annoying when you do a 300 mile round trip to view...as i said, im intrested but im just taking my time as the next VX i buy has to be bang on for me

#32 frosty

frosty

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts
  • Interests:vx and motorbikes ie racing and streetfighters

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

hi im number 3 owner of the mandarin vxt i would buy it if i had the dosh lovely car in the flesh

#33 frosty

frosty

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:35 AM

il buy all 3 lol

#34 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:25 PM

Is this the first thread ever where all three Mandarin VXT owners have posted? Shame as they are all within an hour(ish) of each other that we've not done a photoshoot! Possibly the closest they have all been together since being at the factory.

#35 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts
  • Interests:Tech head

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:31 PM

I thought Baz had one as well? Or is that now owned by frosty?

#36 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

This one for sale is hte one I bought from Baz. Current owners are me, Frosty and YoB.

#37 frosty

frosty

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

i dont mind meeting up and il be at goodwood for martins track day 30th this month if you two up for it or some over time

#38 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:05 PM

i dont mind meeting up and il be at goodwood for martins track day 30th this month if you two up for it or some over time

I'd like to think it will have a new owner by then!

#39 bazMV6

bazMV6

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Need another VX220 one day...

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:12 PM

Keep up Seb! You saw me in the Cerb at Sywell a fortnight ago...! :rolleyes:

#40 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts
  • Interests:Tech head

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:45 AM

Keep up Seb! You saw me in the Cerb at Sywell a fortnight ago...! :rolleyes:

Nono what I meant was which one of the three was now your's as I knew it wasn't YorB's and couldn't figure out where it had gone :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users