• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

To confirm the few PMs I've received asking about the car, it IS still up for sale. (for a given degree of 'up for sale', Ken (Wolfstone) knows what I mean!). Price has been revised as follows (in fact the 'price' was always this much, but as ever I put £500 on top to enable some old school negotiation. Seems like people don't work this way anymore, so hopefully clearer now). Car on standard wheels £13k Car on Compos £13.5k Diffuser up for negotiation with the sale. There is my private plate to remove once deposit has been taken, but car will not be driven and as always kept in a locked garage and insured until sale completes.

#42 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:18 AM

Due to a few car changes going on in the family I can consider part-exchange if this helps anyone (my lovely lady wants a change, and my old man would like a toy). We are specifically looking for: Mk 5 Golf Gti (pref leather), but would consider a Leon Cupra, Civic Type R, DC5 Integra Type R or perhaps a Focus ST. Westfield up to value of £8kish, ideally a throttle bodied XE engined car with RAC bar, racing type seats etc. Most Westfields would be considered though.

#43 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:36 AM

Forgot - she also likes the Clio 200 / 197 R1thingy. Can you guess I am influencing her next car choice?

#44 keo

keo

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:17 AM

Would you be interested in a clio 182 trophy? Only 500 built, sachs adjustable suspension, speedline wheels and recaros all as standard.

#45 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:58 PM

Not looking for another vx,But has ur wife/old man considered a clio v6?One off the nicest sounding cars.Just has Jeremy Clarkson says he`d have 1 in his top 10 garage :) . .
Just happen to have mine for sale ;) Only 20,000 miles
http://www.pistonhea...les/2872744.htm

Edited by Aimy, 27 August 2011 - 06:02 PM.

#46 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:23 PM

I thought he was referring to the phase2 255 Aimy ;) Alex, come for one last runout in September :)

#47 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

If I was going to get a Clio again, it would be the 182 or 197. Sticking a v6 in the back of the 172 just compromise the car IMHO. :rolleyes: Having a dolphin flipper on the rear doesn't help either. :gayfight:

Edited by ArticMonkey, 27 August 2011 - 06:45 PM.

#48 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:17 PM

If I was going to get a Clio again, it would be the 182 or 197. Sticking a v6 in the back of the 172 just compromise the car IMHO. :rolleyes:

Having a dolphin flipper on the rear doesn't help either. :gayfight:

Ha Ha Dolphin Flipper ;) Its a Trophy spoiler there very sort after and hard to come by :)
The clio v6 isnt like a normal clio,(Hand built unlike the 182/172 and is rear wheel drive) if you drove one you would understand why :) it actually feels really special one off the nicest cars to drive imho and ive drove more expensive cars.

#49 hutchy

hutchy

• PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

Would be a bit more special if it didn't have the same interior as the 1.2 campus though...

#50 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:48 PM

Would be a bit more special if it didn't have the same interior as the 1.2 campus though...

true lol :) You would off thought they would have improved the interior hence why my dash is flocked :)
Saying that the clio`s build quality is really good unlike the VX ;) (Didnt buy the Vx for build quality though bought it for a pure fun car ;) )
You wouldnt buy a clio V6 If you like fancy interiors and you wouldnt buy a Vx if you liked creature comforts ;)

Seriously you need to drive 1 to understand the clio v6,Not just saying it coz im selling the v6 but they really are a great car! My dad had a mk2 clio v6 (255)and every 1 prefered my mk 1 (much rawer)and equally as quick too :)

Edited by Aimy, 27 August 2011 - 08:03 PM.

#51 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

Was looking at a phase2 before the VX but as much as I love the sound (test drive) I felt my two 182's before it handled better and gave much more road feedback. Nice LY ph2 with trophy recaro's would be my buy, hard to come by these days. Good plug for your car, all this though ;-)

#52 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

Was looking at a phase2 before the VX but as much as I love the sound (test drive) I felt my two 182's before it handled better and gave much more road feedback. Nice LY ph2 with trophy recaro's would be my buy, hard to come by these days.

Good plug for your car, all this though ;-)

There a bit like chalk and cheese the clio V6 to the Vx carnt really compare them,If you do get chance to drive a mk1 clio v6 please do it :) Like i said in my previous post my dad had a Mk2 clio v6 and he prefered the mk1,
Yeah LY V6`s are nice,think you pay over the odds though for the colour imo,Shame the Mk1 didnt come in more colour options :)

#53 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:13 PM

Was looking at a phase2 before the VX but as much as I love the sound (test drive) I felt my two 182's before it handled better and gave much more road feedback. Nice LY ph2 with trophy recaro's would be my buy, hard to come by these days.

Good plug for your car, all this though ;-)

There a bit like chalk and cheese the clio V6 to the Vx carnt really compare them,If you do get chance to drive a mk1 clio v6 please do it :) Like i said in my previous post my dad had a Mk2 clio v6 and he prefered the mk1,
Yeah LY V6`s are nice,think you pay over the odds though for the colour imo,Shame the Mk1 didnt come in more colour options :)

Yeah, I'd agrea the PH1 must feel more raw and out the box.

Coming from a LY megane, its worth the extra wonga. thumbsup

#54 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:23 PM

Not looking for another vx,But has ur wife/old man considered a clio v6?One off the nicest sounding cars.Just has Jeremy Clarkson says he`d have 1 in his top 10 garage :) . .

No thanks - is nowhere near what we were looking for (running costs, too few seats for the missus, and a heavyweight lump that's no good for the old man - he already has a V8 Monaro)

#55 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:38 PM

Some up to date photos taken today.

Got to be someone out there who cannot resist surely ?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:58 PM

No thanks - is nowhere near what we were looking for (running costs, too few seats for the missus, and a heavyweight lump that's no good for the old man - he already has a V8 Monaro)

Your old man would off probably liked my dads Turbo 2 (Tourde course replica)that hes just sold
Posted Image

Edited by Aimy, 28 August 2011 - 08:58 PM.

#57 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 12:16 PM

Now up on Pistonheads. If any mods see this thread, is it possible to have a cleanup please? Thanks.

#58 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

Link to Pistonheads advert: http://www.pistonhea...les/3171478.htm I would consider any reasonable offer.

#59 MattH

MattH

• Pip
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:05 PM

Bit of a longshot but if this is still available at the begininning of next year then it's got my name all over it :groupjump:

#60 Boombang

Boombang

Saxo boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:17 PM

At this rate it will be!

Now has a black vinyl wrapped screen surround. Quick photo as of this morning. Unfortunately the Blackberry takes terrible photos so colour looks off.

Posted Image

Edited by Boombang, 17 September 2011 - 01:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users