Photo

408Bhp / 373Ft-Lb Stage 5+ 2006 Vx220 Turbo (Met Black)

• Please log in to reply
769 replies to this topic

#481 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:59 AM

really? My supercharger conversion cost £4k(ish) and i got 110hp(ish) thats more like £40 per hp. Anyway, well done simon, excellent job. I think it must need a clean now.

#482 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

Mr Simba.
I have come to the VX world from the world of massive horsepower, upwards of 1000Bhp and torque. More than 30 years of huge V8 Chevrolet engine tuning.

I have been watching your build and a few others here and on other forums.

Your choice of components and selective tuning are simply the best VX ones that I have seen.
Your power graphs are superb.
Your car must be a real joy to own and drive. As can be seen and you have stated, the power is there for ALL of it to be used all of the time.
A very wise choice,
The car is a real credit to you.

Is there now one definitive list of what you have done to achieve these results and prices along side so that others may benefit from your splendid work?
A complete build spec sheet would be very interesting reading I am sure.

As I say. Hats off to you. Great work. No need to do any more.
Just enjoy owning and driving it.

Regards.
Korkey.

Many thanks for the kind words Korkey :)

The real credit here tho does not belong to me but the hours & hours that DG & Dave Hardwick have put into the build with there skills & knowledge from past projects that I've just been fortunate enough to see the rewards from. :)

As said Chris @ EFi what an amazingly talented mapper!

Nev's also been there for me on the phone giving me great input from his knowledge based on his build as well, even if I do have to keep reminding him I'm not after 750bhp! ;) got to get the two cars to meet up now!

So really I'm just a very happy customer who's got his hands oily along the way but hopefully learned a bit to help others going the same route now as others have helped me :)

#483 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

To be fair it takes people like mr simba and others (tuning companys) to push the limits of these cars. Helps a great deal for others to follow. Hats off for sticking it out. Now get Luke's car done so we can see the difference!

#484 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

artic - dont worry vag conversions picking up speed again and will be changing the rules even further ;) Just got the n/a to vxr conversion onto standalone to sort this month also - be good to see how a stg2 power car compares on the standalone package (stock i/c in place currently so cant take the VXR lump to stg 4 power just yet Then be in a positon to clearly offer a few different tuning packages for the vxt world :B Simons really is imo the best setup from the oe engine option and been great to be involved and have Simon so involved along the build and hopefully he has learned a bit :) even on track I have no doubt it would be very focues but as a fast road car there really is no need for more again my own opinion I am REALLY looking forward to a day of back to back testing of vag v's Garrett LEH. It will get really sad and techie with data logging, weigh off, handling tests, mpg, noise etc etc Maybe at some point next year I can get on with building myself something - would have to of course be a bit special to top Simons and the vag conversion :P DG

#485 luke.

luke.

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

Dare I say it the fastest VX on uk roads at the minute??

#486 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

Does Nev's fly then?

#487 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

would be interesting to know how much it weighs, to get a torque to weight figure. shame not to crack the 400 figure on torque, but the gearbox will thankyou for it.

#488 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,103 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:48 PM

Does Nev's fly then?

Luke the trouble causer ;)

#489 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:54 PM

would be interesting to know how much it weighs, to get a torque to weight figure. shame not to crack the 400 figure on torque, but the gearbox will thankyou for it.

The car had had several dyno runs prior to the 395ft lb reading and Chris was sure that if he left the car to cool for the evening and dyno'd it fresh in the morning 400ft lb would have been there, but he backed it off for a little mechanical sympathy! :)

#490 luke.

luke.

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

I think Nevs would be faster at brunters with its top end fizz. But I suspect with so much low down Simon would be gone on a normal road. Nevs gets to 5k and all hell breaks loose. Both two completely different animals. What are people's thoughts on this? Not causing a stir at all mr beef :P

#491 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Does Nev's fly then?

Simon's is properly set up in the brake and suspension areas too ;)

#492 luke.

luke.

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

It would be a great test to get them both at bruntingthorpe although nev with new clams fresh painted and mrsimba with a mint car I doubt it would be viable with the amount of stone chips :lol: Ill rag my car round though when I get it back with my less than mint nearly 12 year old body work

#493 MrSimba

MrSimba

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

and mrsimba with a mint car

Lol! VERY far from mint at the moment soon will be again tho! :)

#494 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

having done a drag run with Peter_vxr37 and his Garrett VXR down the straight at Spa, it suprised us both. His last dyno was 422 bhp and over 400lb ft

#495 luke.

luke.

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

What did that feel like sizeten?

#496 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

What did that feel like sizeten?

sorry, to clarify , my car was in front coming through eau rouge on an out lap, when I spotted Pete in the mirror giving it the beans, so I floored it down the straight. I just pulled a bit at the end, but only by taking to the limiter in 4th gear.

#497 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Only 1 way to settle it, race logic to hand ;-) Peter will be round at some point and going on same rollers also :-) Show down at brunters could work DG

#498 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

Best pay for the optional road sweeper go around first then. :wacko:

#499 Darcini

Darcini

There must be some way outa here

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

Best pay for the optional road sweeper go around first then. :wacko:

and afterwards just in case all doesn't go well...

#500 Peter VXR29

Peter VXR29

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Bike and car track days

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

Steve, sorry to point out my car wasn,t actually running right at Spa, kept getting the race logic system interferring and holding it back, was disconnected at Le Mans though and went alot better. I am looking forward to seeing how it does when Duncan gets hold off it lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users