#41 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,509 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:46 AM

Will try these tests once I get home, as yesterday, after the hoon, the abs light kept coming on and off, now the Speedo started to have a mind of its own.... I've still got the old hubs, so was going to just connect it to the rear pax cable with out removing the old one, hopefully the light will go off and fault proven.. testing.

#42 MellowYellow

MellowYellow

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

If there's a fault on the rear passenger hub you will need opcom to turn the light off, my speedo was playing up, abs light came on and the car was cutting out when changing down etc, it turns out the wire had rubbed through on the inner rim of the wheel after the geo was done, soldered up etc and the light was still on so I had to connect up the laptop to clear it.

#43 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 12:40 PM

This is a 'thanks dotorg' post that may help somebody.  The info on this thread together with Opcom have sorted my latest problem.

ABS light illuminated and system stopped working on the Hoon.  Opcom could not communicate with the VXR unit, so I replaced it with the original.  This gave different systems, light would be off on start up, but illuminate during the first couple of minutes driving, occasionally with random ABS operation (i.e. without operating the brakes).

Opcom gave multiple codes all referring to the N/S/R.  Resistance checking at the module plug showed an open circuit so I set the meter to continuity test and bridged the connection to the N/S/R hub.  Fault almost immediately found in the wiring a centimeter or two from the wheel connection where the wires were kinked..  Replaced that section and all good.  Hurrah!

The speedo had worked as normal throughout.

#44 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

the speedo thing does not make any sense

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users