ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:04 PM

An NA driver talking about boost!? Blasphemy! :sick:

oh dude, i long for the turdo power ;)

I don't. I like my SC. :wub:

(OP hope this is helping you make a better choice.)

#22 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:21 PM

I think also it helps saying 'lol' a lot after no real funny statement. Buy the VXR. See you at the Ace :lol: ooo sorry lol

#23 DarrylB

DarrylB

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

I think also it helps saying 'lol' a lot after no real funny statement.

Buy the VXR. See you at the Ace :lol: ooo sorry lol

Personally I felt saying the abbreviation of 'Lots Of Love' on your very first post was a bit strong...but I looked past that and posted anyway

#24 GeorgeBC

GeorgeBC

Needs a cheaper hobby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts
  • Interests:Cars and mountain biking

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:40 PM

Allready mentioned but the astra is the car for you! Dont even compare the two. Please feel free to search/ask questions on here but please dont compare the two!!

#25 forgotmepassword

forgotmepassword

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:28 AM

I find it rather amusing that people on this forum become very defensive as soon as Astra VXRs get mentioned, and also very snobbish that if someone tries to compare the two they get told to buy the Astra as the don't understand the VX. In my mind this puts you in the same category as the few Lotus drivers who deem themselves "better" as they have the "better" car.

#26 moospeed

moospeed

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:56 AM

If you did go for the VXT watch out for lowered suspension, it can crack the neons when you come to fit those.

#27 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts
  • Interests:playing cars and general mischief.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:05 AM

I find it rather amusing that people on this forum become very defensive as soon as Astra VXRs get mentioned, and also very snobbish that if someone tries to compare the two they get told to buy the Astra as the don't understand the VX. In my mind this puts you in the same category as the few Lotus drivers who deem themselves "better" as they have the "better" car.

It's not about having a better car though is it? it's about comparing 2 totally different cars.

I really like the Astra VXR, especially the astra sporthatch version released a few years ago. But I am under no illusions that they would drive, handle, respond in comparable ways as they're 2 completely different beasts. And someone expecting the VX to be similar to the astra, should genuinely go and buy the astra, else they're in for a shock.

The reasons i'm taking the p*ss are a) because his post made very little sense and b.) because the astra vxr v's vx220 debate has been done to death.

Edited by AliM, 19 December 2011 - 08:08 AM.

#28 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:15 AM

perhaps you have not heard about the 2006 National, aka the battle of Snetterton

#29 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:08 AM

perhaps you have not heard about the 2006 National, aka the battle of Snetterton

I can honestly say I don't know about that... Sounds interesting (runs off to search).

Now as for this baiting of the OP, yes we know that this topic is done to death, but there will be a significant number of people out there who have yet to experience the VX, so could we be a genuine question from someone without the experience we have had. So I will give them the benefit of the doubt for a bit longer... But maybe I am soft git.

The initial question over which is best... Hmmm tricky one to get a unbiased answer on here. But it all depends on what you want out of a car? With the VX you are going to have a fast introduction into purity at the cost of luxuries. Astra VXR will give you some:most of the fun (straight line speed), but without the pure driving experience that the VX will provide.

What I will say is the VX and the Astra are just as fcuking tricky to drive in the snow, as the Astra always seems to want to spool up just at the wrong moment and away goes any control you have managed to have.

#30 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:20 AM

With the VX you are going to have a fast introduction into purity at the cost of luxuries. Astra VXR will give you some:most of the fun (straight line speed)

From what I can decipher from the opening post, he's already figured that much out. So knowing it's now down to personal preference, i.e what he wants from a car, how are we supposed to advise when we don't know what he wants?

:P

#31 Delta Deano

Delta Deano

• PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Interests:Motors, Beer, And more Beer

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

He has picked a username like (xtremevx220) not (xtremeastravxr) so the way i read it he would be better with a (xtremenovasr) :lol:

#32 xtremeVX220

xtremeVX220

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:the VX specially thanks to STUWY taking me out for a spin soon as i saw the car i fell inlove with it and getting one this summer

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:22 PM

Thanks everyone for replys , I love the vx220 , the astta I like and interior ,but want somethink different and power I love the vx and got plans , just some people say one or the other and coudnt make my mind up lol and understand with the crowd part but ive got plans to make the car completly different , engine , interior etc thats why im being careful what one I choose to spend money on but tunning the vx u will notice more and be usin it for everyday work but also track days , le mans ,nurb etc and obv goto meets

#33 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

How much do you have to spend? Second, and I'm going to give a boring answer...try both, decide then. Just take it easy if you get a test drive in a VX at this time of year.

#34 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:36 PM

I would think spend the same to buy each, and in a few years the Astra will be worth very little. Also look at insurance costs for both.

#35 xtremeVX220

xtremeVX220

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:the VX specially thanks to STUWY taking me out for a spin soon as i saw the car i fell inlove with it and getting one this summer

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:40 PM

i can see what everyone is saying but from my side ive never been in either car and jus geniunly wanted opinions from people who have and dont mean to be funny bout vx220 vs vxr but geniuly jus wanted to know because like both cars I know there completly different but wanted advice not coz I mentioned it that I should jus get astra just wanted u guys to help on advice and to live with etc , sorry if anyoyed anyone wasnt intention

#36 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:06 PM

go have a look at, and drive, both cars. It will answer 99% of your questions about which one is for you.

#37 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:28 PM

I've driven both and can quite honestly say, its entirely up to you. Cheers, Scott.

#38 AliM

AliM

insert humour here

• 9,146 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:31 PM

I've driven both and can quite honestly say, its entirely up to you.

:D

#39 xtremeVX220

xtremeVX220

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

Well cost im not bothered about but seen both cars go for bout 6 7000 , and insurance is fine checked both and easily afford and fuel etc and lol yer I could see the vx being tail happy this time of year lol,ps yer thays whay I thought bout trying both but dunno where I would be able to find a vx220 to try or even sit in and vxr ive seen as my mates got corsa vxr and went to a meet , thats the other thing I like bout vx is that ive never seen one see astra's alot and sometimes vxr's but never vx will most likely go for vx but I want to try both wasnt fact I know there different jus what there like to live with etc and as keen on vx thats why I thought best place to try was here but some jus said astra jus coz I compared mayb I didnt write it clear and my fault jus felt like I wasnt good enough to join jus coz mentioned the vxr lol cheers chris

#40 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:44 PM

Shame you weren't about yesterday...had the Essex meet in Rayleigh and there were at least 4 VX's there as well quite a few owners. For that budget you'll get an N/A VX....average but not the best condition. I think you may sway towards the VXR :dry:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vx220

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users