Newbie Undecided Vx220 Or Astra Vxr Lol

vx220

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#41 xtremeVX220

xtremeVX220

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:the VX specially thanks to STUWY taking me out for a spin soon as i saw the car i fell inlove with it and getting one this summer

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

And thanks everyone for helping out even tho I was a pain haha , I live in essex anyone know were I could try a vx at all?? And vxr , I like the adrenaline and accelleration so think what people have said on here compared to astra think I will still go for vx , idea on engine swap and dont know if its possible but engine idea was the rb26 as some have v8's or would that idea be a no no or people dont for a reason haha

#42 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:45 PM

but dunno where I would be able to find a vx220 to try or even sit in

Go look at one that is for sale? Someone from here will go with you if you arrange something and ask. Its normal practice, we're a good bunch really if a bit cynical. Don't take it to heart.

#43 xtremeVX220

xtremeVX220

• Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:the VX specially thanks to STUWY taking me out for a spin soon as i saw the car i fell inlove with it and getting one this summer

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

Haha wish was there now lol , as said tho money isnt an option if its a certain amount for a decent vx220 turbo then thats what it will be :) , wouldnt mind vxr vx220 but bit too much for me haha

#44 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:47 PM

, idea on engine swap and dont know if its possible but engine idea was the rb26 as some have v8's

Dear lord.

Edit: There are tried and tested alternatives with bags of power. I don't even know if that would fit. Are you an engineer?

Edited by LY055SCO, 19 December 2011 - 03:51 PM.

#45 xtremeVX220

xtremeVX220

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

Thanks I will bare that in mind ,and sorry bout that I wasnt being funny everyone jus from my point im new and dont know some bits and thats y I asked guys and girls lol but I appreciate it alot I wanna get a.decent car but a decent friendly group to be with makes the difference aswell :) so thanks , whens the next meet and were??

#46 Matt W

Matt W

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:51 PM

This is going to go well...

#47 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:51 PM

You will be someway off a VXT for 6-7k unless you buy damaged and do it up yourself. This is a minefield though unless you know what you're looking at.

#48 xtremeVX220

xtremeVX220

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

Take it rb26 bad idea thn?? Jus I know alot bout it ,but not keen on the cars anymore , and plus u expect that car to be qucik , I know u do with the vx but dont expect that kind of engine in it as said like being different haha

#49 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:53 PM

so thanks , whens the next meet and were??

January sometime. Date TBC.

This is going to go well...

:lol:

#50 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:54 PM

For those who can't be arsed to google:

The RB26DETT engine is a 2.6L Inline-6 engine manufactured by Nissan, for use primarily in the 1989-2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R.

#51 xtremeVX220

xtremeVX220

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:55 PM

Yer ive done mechanics, level 3 weldi.g and fabricatio and also used to spray and rebulid coaches and commercial veichles etc so that im fine on

#52 xtremeVX220

xtremeVX220

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:57 PM

yer I know bout engine lol and some people have put it in different cars as with the v8 in the vx but didnt know if rb would be possiblehaha ,

#53 G-Bob

G-Bob

Embarrassing VX's in an MX5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts
  • Interests:Silver VX Bashing!

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:59 PM

...as I say to people in the office:

Anything is possible given enough time, money and resources!

#54 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

The two extra cylinders in-line might be a problem though.... square peg...round hole.

#55 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:02 PM

...as I say to people in the office:

Anything is possible given enough time, money and resources!

Replace all your "Cannots" with "How cans"?

#56 G-Bob

G-Bob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:03 PM

The two extra cylinders in-line might be a problem though.... square peg...round hole.

Brute force & ingorance + Big hammer = Sorted! thumbsup

#57 xtremeVX220

xtremeVX220

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

Oh right ok I will look into it if not would the boot be able to be modified for it to be possible or not really lol

#58 G-Bob

G-Bob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:06 PM

It depends which way you mount it. If it goes long ways then you could cut-away some of the boot, but if it goes sideways then it would probably involve a new sub-frame to accomodate it.

#59 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

Oh right ok I will look into it if not would the boot be able to be modified for it to be possible or not really lol

This question is out of my pay grade. Gut feeling says it needs to be transversly mounted and its too fecking big. I've been wrong before though...many times.

#60 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

I sense Bob's up for this. :lol:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vx220

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users