The Abs Letter

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
128 replies to this topic

#41 Jestersdead

Jestersdead

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:49 PM

Good Letter, you can add my name: Tom "OhMygodI'mnotgoingstopintime / I'magonnadie" Elliott

#42 mart356

mart356

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts
  • Interests:Playing Music, listening to music, clubbing, going to gigs, cars, design, history, computers, restaurants, Phoenix Nights, travel, canoe/ kyak/ sailing, war, filums, sleeping, working out why girls dont tend to have hobbies.

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:53 PM

After 20,000 miles and having now had a few ABS-induced near death experiences, put my name down... martyn day

#43 andym172

andym172

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts
  • Interests:Pretty much anything and everything...<br>Get bored too easily so don't have a specific 'interest'.

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:01 PM

Feel free to put my name down - I'm extremely unhappy with the current set up. Andrew Mahon

#44 BradW

BradW

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:16 PM

Nice one, you can put my name down too. I had an incident recently on tarmac which was a funny texture...sort of heavily but evenly pitted. I was thinking of writing a letter about the poor customer service that often gets reported and at the apparent lack of training at dedicated VX220 dealerships. The fact that some people find it necessary to travel from London to MK or Southampton to feel confidant of a decent service is just silly.

#45 Timbo

Timbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:47 PM

Put my name down Jim (Tim Bolson) but if Pat Dougherty is dealing with it dont expect to much, ive had dealings with him and he did fcuk all, just got his lackys to do it for him :beat: .

#46 Jim_Cross

Jim_Cross

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:03 PM

Put my name down Jim (Tim Bolson) but if Pat Dougherty is dealing with it dont expect to much, ive had dealings with him and he did fcuk all, just got his lackys to do it for him :beat: .

As long as he gets someone to deal with it, and deal with it properly, then I'm happy.
I honestly think they'd be crazy to ignore it.

#47 Foxy_Jr

Foxy_Jr

• PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:30 PM

thumbsup Like your comments. I've only had my NA for 3 weeks and have had far to much 'near death' for my liking! :angry: Add my name!! Neil Fox

#48 DAZ

DAZ

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:54 PM

me to abs thumbsdown Darren Whitehead.

#49 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts
  • Interests:Er... cars?

Posted 24 June 2004 - 07:17 PM

should we use VX/ Speedster...

... or have Speedster users not reported problems.

thumbsup

You are joking, aren't you?! Think I have expressed my views fairly clearly and often on the need for 111R ABS. :rolleyes: :D

#50 jneill

jneill

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts
  • Interests:QI

Posted 24 June 2004 - 09:19 PM

Keith, what about the German forum? Have they expressed similar concerns? (PS. Please add my name to the letter: James Neill)

#51 Cobber

Cobber

• 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 06:51 AM

Great letter, although I didn't vote - out of country for some time. Why don't you copy this to Top Gear - they can be iritating to manufacturers

#52 BradW

BradW

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 06:56 AM

...and you could send it to Watchdog too...wouldn't that spice up the show!... "moving on from the faulty washing machine bearings of Mrs Evans, I have a letter here from a Vauxhall V X 2 2 0 owner..."

#53 stickle

stickle

• Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 07:21 AM

Thanks Jim thumbsup I agree that it is best to wait till after Brunters to see if any information comes to light. However, a well constructed letter like this sent to the right person clearly sets out the problems in writing (which is important with this sort of issue) and shouldn't upset anyone. Certainly don't send it to press as a constructive approach is always better recieved. If nothing gets done then we can use the threat of press as the next level, EVENTUALLY followed by actioning it but only if all else fails. Great work and please feel free to add my name chinky chinky Stuart Tickle

#54 BradW

BradW

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:08 AM

I know you must get this all the time, but I just can't help myself... ...Have you got long arms?... :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry! :blink:

#55 mags993tt

mags993tt

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:11 PM

Happy to add my name when the time is right. Clearly all is not right with the ABS.

#56 jneill

jneill

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,945 posts
  • Interests:QI

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:14 PM

...Have you got long arms?... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:lol: at BradW

Stuart looks like this :poke:

:P

Edited by jneill, 25 June 2004 - 01:15 PM.

#57 Tom

Tom

• Pip
  • 139 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 05:19 PM

Good letter Jim, You can add my name to it i spun off at the kingwells roundabout in Aberdeen at rush hour doing 25 mph luckily no one was hurt but my pride.

#58 Purebob

Purebob

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Interests:Laughing, Helping my kids grow up, Travelling, Being pompous about the death of pop music as a relevant cultural medium, Driving my brilliant little car, Being middle aged and waiting for death, Enjoying the privilege of travelling the world

Posted 25 June 2004 - 07:10 PM

Note to say that as if by magic at this appropriate time the ABS nearly stuffed me into a blind right-turner tonight. If I hadn't steered round into oncoming traffic I'd 've T boned him. ABS took away all feel and progressive stopping and left only a gentle unpanicked arrest, which could've killed me. Down the road, heart still bouncing on a bungee I tried again, same thing at first, yet lift and re-apply the brakes are like anti-grav and work brilliantly.Its seems to be a first hard application thing. Very dangerous and not something I could drive around. In the wet I'd be dead, simple as. Add my name to the list, Jim.

Edited by Purebob, 25 June 2004 - 07:11 PM.

#59 Dr Delboy

Dr Delboy

• PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 08:06 PM

Please add me to the list. What was the road surface like Purebob?

#60 Purebob

Purebob

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts
  • Interests:Laughing, Helping my kids grow up, Travelling, Being pompous about the death of pop music as a relevant cultural medium, Driving my brilliant little car, Being middle aged and waiting for death, Enjoying the privilege of travelling the world

Posted 25 June 2004 - 08:13 PM

Perfect Delboy, good tarmac, bit of gravel perhaps but not slippery at all but on the crest of a hill.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users