46 replies to this topic

#41 JohnTurbo

JohnTurbo

SuperScruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts
  • Interests:Performance cars!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:03 PM

Maybe if you have access to a selective laser melt machine! Talking mega money...making a pattern much cheaper.

#42 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

JT, do you know a 'tame' pattern maker that would do the odd foreigner? My patternmaker went AWOL and my local foundry shut down:(. One option for 3D printing would be to 'print' the pattern and then get it cast. It would need the shrinkage factoring in but would be good in PU if that can be printed. The casting is usually the cheap bit (I cast a bellhousing for sub 200 quid in LM25 alloy).

#43 JohnTurbo

JohnTurbo

SuperScruff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts
  • Interests:Performance cars!

Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

FLD. As mentioned I believe I do - will ask my father about the fella later.

#44 Winstar

Winstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

It doesn't surprise me that pro alloy didn't fancy it as said it's a complex component to design and very difficult to do with fabrication compared to casting. Plus there is a very small potential market for them.

If you were fabricating it then splitting the function would be the easiest way.

And compared to a turbo set-up this whole assemble has to withstand the manifold vacuum, so no flexi hoses... :sleep:/>

Does it I thought it went into bypass when not on boost?

The best way to do it would be to redesign the manifold in cad to take another laminnova or 2, 3d print a prototype in stainless steel then you can get the casting made from either the cad or the prototype. However I doubt you'll find a commercial company willing to invest the time for a few units

#45 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

As long as the redesign is compatible with other engine bays then it will allow for greater numbers.

#46 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 01:39 AM

And compared to a turbo set-up this whole assemble has to withstand the manifold vacuum, so no flexi hoses... :sleep:/>

Does it I thought it went into bypass when not on boost?

Well, SC idling with bypass open or not, everything after the TB will have to withstand the manifold vacuum... :happy:

#47 Winstar

Winstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

Well, SC idling with bypass open or not, everything after the TB will have to withstand the manifold vacuum... :happy:/>

but if the system is running in bypass then it doesn't really matter if the flexi hoses collapse a little

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users