• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#81 pezley

pezley

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

I think the non-potted controllers can get wet and fail. All new ones are potted, although I have had a worrying number of people (about five) have this problem. PM me your address and i'll get a replacement to you in the next week or so.

Thanks Tom,

I'm sure from memory mine is in the sealed black box. I guess I'll find out when I have to rip it out again !

cheers, I'll PM you my address shortly

#82 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:56 PM

I think the non-potted controllers can get wet and fail. All new ones are potted, although I have had a worrying number of people (about five) have this problem. PM me your address and i'll get a replacement to you in the next week or so.

Thanks Tom,

I'm sure from memory mine is in the sealed black box. I guess I'll find out when I have to rip it out again !

cheers, I'll PM you my address shortly

Does yours have a plug on it?

#83 pezley

pezley

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:53 PM

Thanks Tom,   I'm sure from memory mine is in the sealed black box. I guess I'll find out when I have to rip it out again !   cheers, I'll PM you my address shortly  

Does yours have a plug on it?

hey, yea its got a connector which goes through from the dash with a round end which plugs into the heater

#84 NZGilead

NZGilead

• Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

My feedback after my fist ride with the car since the heater installation is complete.  The air flow is very good (much more efficient than the OEM), regarding the heating, it's quite quick and warm after a few minutes.  This is just a great fan / heater that I recommend to any vx220 / speedster owner.  At the end I only had to replace one of the two hoses coming from the car.

#85 Cookies220

Cookies220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Currently in the process of fitting mine.  The old unit was an absolute pig to get out (I thought removing the battery was a pain - until now). 

Anyway, I'm loving the modular design of the new unit, makes it so much easier to fit, however I've come up with a wiring issue.  I seem to have too may wires:

The connector from the loom splits into two parts:

[/URL]">http://Posted Image

These two wires connected into the old fan:

Do I just cut the black wire from the spur and connect it into the spare socket on the connector from the loom and get rid of the remaining wire completely?

Thanks.

#86 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

whip that loom off at the black connector :sleep:

edit: top of first pic

Edited by vocky, 06 October 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#87 Cookies220

Cookies220

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,721 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

thumbsup

All wired up now.

#88 lamblock

lamblock

• 4 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

Hi Tom {Fezzasus} and all you fellow VX220 luvvers.

Fitted my 2.6 version this afternoon and was far less painful than getting the old bastid out! I'm not overly technical and normally rely on hammer No.1 as my toolkit but took it on alone and succeeded. What a difference to the car, never turned the old one on, cos the temp adj flap had long since seized up allowing no dash adjustment, but remember from years ago, when I drove the cars as demo's at Vauxhall how shocking they are in the cold and damp. Well done for this brilliant mod and the forum guides. I'm dead chuffed and feel a bit proud of myself for a change! Can't recommend you and the unit highly enough and 69/100 Yellow&Black goes from strength to strength.

Keep driving all weathers and smile through the rain & snow with your roof off!

Chris {lamblock}

#89 Dazzx10r

Dazzx10r

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

Hi Tom, I've just fitted my new updated version heater to my S2 Elise. The heater is a fantastic design and very well made, i'm amazed that Lotus have'nt poached you to supply them! Just got to refit the front clam now and as soon as I get my turbo refitted i'll be out for a warm and toasty test drive :)

#90 Tony H

Tony H

Lotus on Crack

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts
  • Interests:Serbian turbo-folk

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:53 AM

Hi Tom, I've just fitted my new updated version heater to my S2 Elise. The heater is a fantastic design and very well made, i'm amazed that Lotus have'nt poached you to supply them! Just got to refit the front clam now and as soon as I get my turbo refitted i'll be out for a warm and toasty test drive :)

Was there much different fitting it to the vx guide on here? Other than having to take clam off obviously.

#91 Dazzx10r

Dazzx10r

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

Nope, exactly the same, the Elise is essentially a VX, just the VX wears a suit from asda and the Elise's is Saville Row ;) Oh and the S2 Elise's battery is in the boot.

#92 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:28 PM

What are you going to do with the rest of the space? I got 19 bottles of wine where the heater should go when I went to France last year

#93 VX220BOB

VX220BOB

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

:D

Nope, exactly the same, the Elise is essentially a VX, just the VX wears a suit from asda and the Elise's is Saville Row ;) Oh and the S2 Elise's battery is in the boot.

You mean the Elise is all fur coat and no knickers!!!!? :D

#94 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

Quick question on the installation - can the blower be attached to the black plate prior to installation into the car, or does the blower unit have to be put in place first, then the plate installed and bolted up?

#95 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:57 AM

Quick question on the installation - can the blower be attached to the black plate prior to installation into the car, or does the blower unit have to be put in place first, then the plate installed and bolted up?

It has to go in separately - the blower is too large to be fitted with the plate attached.

#96 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:14 PM

It has to go in separately - the blower is too large to be fitted with the plate attached.
Ok thanks... That complicates things but I'll come up with a solution.

#97 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

Anyone able to provide a link to the correct ducting to use? I tried to fit my previous ducting but as it's plastic, it not flexible enough due to the outlet position under the brake booster..

#98 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

1/2 m 83mm diameter 1 ply neoprene. As per http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c71a83dae or similar

#99 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

1/2 m 83mm diameter 1 ply neoprene. As per http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c71a83dae or similar

Cheers. I just bought some 76mm stuff, so I guess I'll buy some of this as well.

#100 Steffe

Steffe

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

Hello everyone!

I have started assembly my Mk2.6 heater for my left hand drive Speedster.
Most things have gone well but when I tried to attach the heater unit it seem to
be in the wrong location blocking half the battery tray.
Here are pictures showing what I mean:
Posted Image
Posted Image

What have I done wrong?

Stephan

Edited by Steffe, 22 March 2014 - 05:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users