Photo

Replacement Headlights - Gauging Interest

headlights headlight upgrade headlight replacement

• Please log in to reply
1351 replies to this topic

Poll: Replacement headlights (351 member(s) have cast votes)

Interest in replacement headlights

1. As an upgrade (eg legal, high quality xenons) (172 votes [49.00%])

Percentage of vote: 49.00%

2. As a current replacement (to currently damaged/weathered headlights) (103 votes [29.34%])

Percentage of vote: 29.34%

3. As potential replacement (71 votes [20.23%])

Percentage of vote: 20.23%

4. Not interested (5 votes [1.42%])

Percentage of vote: 1.42%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1261 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 04:15 PM

You'll just have to come across to the UK for a "trackday" and conveniently find a new set of headlights fitted to your car for the return journey. :ninja: :D

Couldn't agree more.

It's on my bucket list list. Might as well combine.  thumbsup

Do it! You'll love Cadwell! rallly 

#1262 Dominique

Dominique

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:37 PM

You'll just have to come across to the UK for a "trackday" and conveniently find a new set of headlights fitted to your car for the return journey. :ninja: :D

Couldn't agree more.

Would like some guarantee on the lights to be ready before I book anything. Then again, twice Cadwell wouldn't be a punishment..... rallly

#1263 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 05:39 PM

Couldn't agree more.

Would like some guarantee on the lights to be ready before I book anything. Then again, twice Cadwell wouldn't be a punishment..... rallly

All day at Cadwell on the track, all night with me and Foxy in the bar. That'll be punishment enough!

#1264 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:44 PM

Couldn't agree more.
It's on my bucket list list. Might as well combine. thumbsup

All day at Cadwell on the track, all night with me and Foxy in the bar. That'll be punishment enough!
Dominique knows half of what he’s letting himself in for :lol:

#1265 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:55 PM

Hello again

I'm sorry for the sporadic updates. This is a combination of needing to overcome a few issues as I go along which throw a real spanner in the works (the last one was discovering my new batch of bighead fasteners for this are 5 mm shorter than the previous set and no longer available in the size I need, and weeks just lost to work as i'm one of the few people trained to oversee essential activities. Aiming these lights is also a slow process and requires my car to have a charged battery and good weather, so i've been building  rig to do this inside (but slowing headlight work while I focus on this)

Firstly, where are we:

- I have two more sets complete, one RHD gloss CF with LED, and the other LHD gloss CF with halogen

- after this, I have 3 x sets of CF units that i'm just preparing to put all the components on to (all mounting points are bonded and prepared for assembly). These can be either RHD or LHD and will be ready early Dec.

This will get me about 1/3 of the way through the list of orders. 

My difficultly with focusing on EU deliveries is that it's much harder to iron out kinks if I need to collect them and modify. We'll see how well the first pair are received and go from there.

#1266 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:51 AM

Thanks for the update. The lights look superb and looking forward to being able to order when the list reopens.

#1267 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:52 AM

Thanks for the update. The lights look superb and looking forward to being able to order when the list reopens.

#1268 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 24 November 2020 - 08:34 AM

- I have two more sets complete.....

Yay!  Any pics?  Its good to see these rolling out, it's been an epic project.  Not one I would have tackled. :Imnotworthy:

#1269 oggster

oggster

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive 😉

Posted 26 November 2020 - 09:34 PM

Hello again

I'm sorry for the sporadic updates. This is a combination of needing to overcome a few issues as I go along which throw a real spanner in the works (the last one was discovering my new batch of bighead fasteners for this are 5 mm shorter than the previous set and no longer available in the size I need, and weeks just lost to work as i'm one of the few people trained to oversee essential activities. Aiming these lights is also a slow process and requires my car to have a charged battery and good weather, so i've been building  rig to do this inside (but slowing headlight work while I focus on this)

Firstly, where are we:

- I have two more sets complete, one RHD gloss CF with LED, and the other LHD gloss CF with halogen

- after this, I have 3 x sets of CF units that i'm just preparing to put all the components on to (all mounting points are bonded and prepared for assembly). These can be either RHD or LHD and will be ready early Dec.

This will get me about 1/3 of the way through the list of orders. 

My difficultly with focusing on EU deliveries is that it's much harder to iron out kinks if I need to collect them and modify. We'll see how well the first pair are received and go from there.

Appreciate the update Tom.

#1270 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 02:42 PM

PreChristmas/PreBrexit update Tom?

#1271 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 03:10 PM

Stuck on the M20 for the foreseeable. :P

#1272 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Women

Posted 23 December 2020 - 08:39 AM

yeah 🙄

#1273 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 05 January 2021 - 04:56 PM

:tumble:  :(

#1274 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 08:40 AM

Has anyone heard from Tom?  :tumble:

#1275 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 03:44 PM

Has anyone heard from Tom?  

Who?

#1276 Gonçalo Pereira

Gonçalo Pereira

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 January 2021 - 04:20 PM

Has anyone heard from Tom?  

Who?

:flame:

#1277 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,507 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 18 January 2021 - 08:47 AM

This thread must be longest running

How many have been shipped?

#1278 Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Women

Posted 19 January 2021 - 12:25 AM

This thread must be longest running

How many have been shipped?

Yup...outside UK? probably 0...should have been prioritized due to Brexit...I think people who were behind me in the line got it before.

#1279 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 01:27 PM

Hello!

A few things have been happening to keep me busy behind the scenes. The first one is i'm moving house and i've sold my VX220 as I won't have anywhere to put it. This meant building a proper jig to mount, adjust and test all these lights, something I've not needed to do as i've had a whole car available until now.

Building a jig has also allowed me to make batch parts. This week I've now made all the wiring looms for the halogen main beam lights, for example. I've kept hold of the completed units finished in late Dec/early Jan as reference until i've got all the sets of parts made. This means you'll also be getting them around the same time. This will also help with the current shipping situation as I have had a lot of shipments returned to me or significantly delayed at customs. This will get better but needs time.

#1280 Dunk

Dunk

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts
  • Interests:WLTM reliable, quiet, tidy one for LTR.

Posted 22 January 2021 - 01:33 PM

Hello!

A few things have been happening to keep me busy behind the scenes. The first one is i'm moving house and i've sold my VX220 as I won't have anywhere to put it. This meant building a proper jig to mount, adjust and test all these lights, something I've not needed to do as i've had a whole car available until now.

Building a jig has also allowed me to make batch parts. This week I've now made all the wiring looms for the halogen main beam lights, for example. I've kept hold of the completed units finished in late Dec/early Jan as reference until i've got all the sets of parts made. This means you'll also be getting them around the same time. This will also help with the current shipping situation as I have had a lot of shipments returned to me or significantly delayed at customs. This will get better but needs time.

Thanks for the update Tom & well done for juggling so much.

Do you reckon it'll be possible to throw a list up with production order and names against it just to help with expectations?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: headlights, headlight upgrade, headlight replacement

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users