• Please log in to reply
2116 replies to this topic

#661 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Feeling like I have been a bit lazy not making any changes to the map for a while and being inspired by Chill I have done another low rpm fuel learn. The car due to the ignition map, cams and lightweight fly was a little stall happy. So I set the fuel learn session up and did 20-30 stop starts, some with hand brake loading (no hills). I then drove home and go stuck in stop start traffic all adding to the learn time. The result is much better tractability when starting and even smoother cruising. So well worth the effort. I will do another high rpm learn though I expect fewer gains here.

#662 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

thumbs up

ive never inspired anyone before :rolleyes:

#663 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

thumbs up

ive never inspired anyone before :rolleyes:

Your having the same effect on me - close to pulling the trigger (must resist..)

#664 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

Does this mean I have been accepted in the vx community

Edited by CHILL Gone DUTCH, 12 July 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#665 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

Does this mean I have been accepted in the vx community

Nah, still an outcast, but thats more about where you live :lol:

#666 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

Is it the chrome wheels Lol I can change

#667 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

Saw Peter last week at Spa, and had a chat.

Sneek peek in future release; he's working on multimap storage and integrating water injection with the injector cycles. 

(his rotrex system is also creating to much heat)

#668 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Sneek peek in future release; he's working on multimap storage and integrating water injection with the injector cycles. 

Sounds great. Proper integrated water injection drivers would be a blinding result, rather than the dumb way it has to be done now. How does that work though? I assume to add that sort of functionality will entail ECU firmware changes (rather than just changes to the client) and means the ECU needs to go back to him for updating?

#669 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

Sounds great. Proper integrated water injection drivers would be a blinding result, rather than the dumb way it has to be done now. How does that work though? I assume to add that sort of functionality will entail ECU firmware changes (rather than just changes to the client) and means the ECU needs to go back to him for updating?

I asked about this, major firmware upgrades (eg. v2 to v3) will need returning and will have an upgrade cost, but will be around 150 euros rather than the full cost. This is mainly accounting for his time to upgrade. I believe minor upgrades can be implemented via the software only.

#670 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

How does that work though?

80% of what he explained went over my head. :D

Let's just wait for him to release V3 and the manual.

#671 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

How does that work though?

80% of what he explained went over my head. :D

Let's just wait for him to release V3 and the manual.

It was more the mechanism of getting the ECU upgraded for that facility I was really asking about.

Didn't even want to start thinking about how he was actually going to come up with a way of controlling it within the constraints of what is available input/output wise on the ECU. May be the poor old EGR circuit coming in for another beating re-tasking. :unsure:

#672 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

The way i understood it, he's tapping into the ecu injector cylce (% i asume).

#673 leevx2.2

leevx2.2

Turbo's are for girls and throttle bodies are too slow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts
  • Interests:Taking apart vx220s for fun
    getting p!!sed
    genraly playing with large power tools

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

Can't wait to try this software need to save some pennies ,if I don't over spend on holiday I will be laughing the kids can have a grain of rice for dinner tonight that will save me a few quid towards my Dutch ecu fund lol

#674 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Can't wait to try this software need to save some pennies ,if I don't over spend on holiday I will be laughing the kids can have a grain of rice for dinner tonight that will save me a few quid towards my Dutch ecu fund lol

Check your account. You're £70 there. ;)

#675 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

Lee with the amount of modifications you've made to your car this will be well worth it, and depressingly if it were available earlier then it probably would have already saved you money compared to all the drives down to CS. I'm happy to go through the basics with you when you've got it.

#676 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

Lee with the amount of modifications you've made to your car this will be well worth it, and depressingly if it were available earlier then it probably would have already saved you money compared to all the drives down to CS. I'm happy to go through the basics with you when you've got it.
Got some questions for you or any others if you may. Was chatting with a tuner about it all and they've raised some interesting questions. Tuner:- How does the dutch software calibrate ignition advance? Me:- OBDtuner.com Tuner:- I have my answer. It runs the advance till it hits knock and then backs it off. Me:- I assume that's nit a good thing? Tuner:- Most modern engines, by that I mean combustion chambers/inlet tracks/fuel injection systems designed in the last 10 years, don't run near the detenation borderline. Alot are 10-15 degrees away from that. Me:- Do explain more please.... Tuner:- That means alot of the time you are over the top of the torque curve and with that not at maximum torque (and subsequently power). And any detonation is damaging. Best, torque and power for a given rpm is found at 'x' ignition advance, as soon as you go past that torque drops off very fast. So you want to be at that point all the time, not past it near knock. Granted on a force induction engine that is not the only thing to consider. When temperature rise the det borderline changes. The best thing for you guys is this software and half a day on a dyno. Then you get max performance and a safe engine.

#677 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

So is this something we all need to watch out for or are there safety systems in place to protect the engine and us from damaging it?

#678 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

It doesn't calibrate ignition advance like that.

It's basically a knock retard calibration, rather than a timing advance calibration. 

The base map starts with safe ignition timing, once the fuelling calibration is complete you can then perform a power run. This gives your initial power output (for the record, mine was 265 bhp so I didn't want to push it any more). You then advance timing and perform another power measurement, you can overlay the two power outputs and only keep the areas that give gains. Then increase more, perform another power run and so on until you either don't see any power gains or get too much knock.

You then perform the knock retard calibration, which measures knock and backs off ignition timing where it needs to.

This means you don't end up anywhere close to the knock limit of the engine

#679 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

Makes sense officer. ;)

#680 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH