• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:26 PM

I have just changed the under cabinet downlighters in the kitchen from halogen to leds.  I used 12v G4 SMD side pin discs with, I think it was, 10 leds per disc.  They were dead cheap, are properly bright and the disc looked about the right size to fit comfortably inside a tail light.  Wouldn't they work if you kept the coloured lenses? 

#22 Enuk

Enuk

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:15 PM

Sorry I did not explain myself well, I need the coloured lenses that look like reflectors, not the whole lamp plastic cover/lense.

I have just changed the under cabinet downlighters in the kitchen from halogen to leds.  I used 12v G4 SMD side pin discs with, I think it was, 10 leds per disc.  They were dead cheap, are properly bright and the disc looked about the right size to fit comfortably inside a tail light.  Wouldn't they work if you kept the coloured lenses? 

What I am trying to do is to change the RR fog light red lense by a white one of the same size and style, the ideal would be the same round "reflector lense" you can see on the indicator light or reverse light. This is so that I can swap were the fog light and rear light are to a convesion to pass a spanish MOT. 

#23 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 08:26 PM

Would that be a fail in Spain?  I ask because I live in France and have English rear lights with the fog on the right, nobody has ever taken any notice of that at all!

#24 Enuk

Enuk

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 09:03 PM

Would that be a fail in Spain?  I ask because I live in France and have English rear lights with the fog on the right, nobody has ever taken any notice of that at all!

Reading on the internet it says it is, but I might give it a try anyway. It would be nice to have a back-up just in case though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users