b207

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stupidyank

stupidyank

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

Has anyone swapped in a gen 2 or gen 3 ecotec?    It seems like these motors are a better option for folks who want to go past the 300bhp mark as they will support up to the a low 600hp with a ported intake http://www.fmsrperfo...ategory&path=20) A complete new motor with all components can be had for about 3000usd ~1800 gbp). Just curious as to why I don't see these being touted as an option, (ECU doesn't interface -- making it no longer a road car?) one can also get F35 boxes rated up to 550ft lbs for about the same cost.  I've heard it kicked around here that an N/A supercharger upgrade costs ~3000gbp, isn't this a more reliable option?

#2 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

it's really due to the cost of shipping a gen 2 or 3 engine to the UK, especially when compared to the £714 brand new Saab B207 engines available in the UK

Most use the Darton sleeves if they want a stronger block.

#3 stupidyank

stupidyank

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

Point taken.

How often are new B207s available? I'm not in the market right now but I'm wondering if they're going to be around in a years time.

Edited by stupidyank, 07 January 2014 - 05:05 PM.

#4 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

When saab went bust, the trustee had the stock bought by 2 major buyers. (saabpartners.com in NL, and the neo brothers in the UK)

So they will sell this stock untill they run out.

After that they will be as scarce as usual, as they are simply no longer made. (due to the break with GM)

#5 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:22 PM

I have just held a group buyin which we got a brand new one for £714. Contact Neo Brothers as they still have some and might be kind and honour the GB price. Worth buying just for parts of not to store for a year till funds build.

#6 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:53 PM

When saab went bust, the trustee had the stock bought by 2 major buyers. (saabpartners.com in NL, and the neo brothers in the UK)

So they will sell this stock untill they run out.

After that they will be as scarce as usual, as they are simply no longer made. (due to the break with GM)

Except that NEVS, who have taken over Saab, are currently starting to build 9-3s again. The first one off the line? A 9-3 2.0T Aero, which uses the B207R engine. Not 100% sure whether they are using up old stock but I doubt it, as around 200 of these cars are heading to China as a pilot (since Quingdao Province put up a lot of the money for NEVS to buy the ailing brand) scheme. China doesn't (yet) like diesels so petrol will be used for the forseeable.

My guess is, that GM is as usual happy to sell its engines to anyone who can pay for them. Saab under Victor Muller couldn't (becuase he fcuked the company over on one single day by acting pig-headed and playing hardball with some suppliers) but Saab under NEVS looks like it car.

Of course NEVS is National Electric Vehicle Sweden, so you can guess that the cars won't stay B207 powered forever, and in 1-1.5 years the 9-3 hybrids and electric vehicles will, in theory, appear.

G

#7 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

Those crated GM/NEV B207's will be comparable to our 5.5k euro Z22SE enginges though in case you wanted one.

The current looted situation cannot be beat :tt:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: b207

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users