Can You Test An Actuator?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

You've got to the point where you simply have to swap out item by item mate. Even a seemingly unrelated sensor like the narrowband lambda might have an impact. Often these problems are compound (ie more than 1) in my experience, which can give symptoms that are complex. Best of luck. Though switching to stand alone ECU (if you are thinking about it) is to be recommended. If you are passing by Bristol contact me and I'll take you out in Nipper and see for yourself. It seems very expensive at the outset (which it is!) but I can't imagine anyone swapping to stand-alone ECU and saying it wasn't worth it... Even George who is a critical penny pincher thinks it was worth it, I'm just a penny pincher and I though it was worth it too.

Edited by Nev, 20 July 2014 - 06:03 AM.

#62 Dave E

Dave E

I LOVE SNETTERTON

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:26 AM

The standalone is definitely happening, I'm just trying to get it drivable for Zandvoort. Your right though, it's just going to be a case of swapping parts till it's the regular pain in the arse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users