#21 Steve.i.am

Steve.i.am

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • Interests:Bends

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

Red left open Blue to green  

I think you mean red to green , and blue left open.
Oops, yep thats right.

#22 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:cars. sci-fi, rum, bass, sheds, making stuff, fixing other stuff (mainly plastic vauxhalls) and other geeky bloke stuff

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

brilliant thank you  thumbsup

#23 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:cars. sci-fi, rum, bass, sheds, making stuff, fixing other stuff (mainly plastic vauxhalls) and other geeky bloke stuff

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

taking a short break from spannering this weekend to join some from friends for a party

https://www.youtube....h?v=QM5oKlJRTE0

back to the spanners tuesday

#24 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

mapping decision made.

posted off to peter.

#25 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

mapping decision made.   posted off to peter.  

Good choice!

#26 nicollow

nicollow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

mapping decision made.   posted off to peter.  

Good choice!

Very good choice. Mine is sooo much nicer since it was "Petered" :P

#27 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

Had a few days off but back at it yesterday and have made good progress. Hopefully thinking about starting to put it all back together today.

All loom modifications done , and all electrics for CC system done, decided to add a fan override switch too. all information easily found on these hallowed pages ! thumbsup . I have to say a massive thanks to all those that have produced such detailed and comprehensively documented build threads. I have a folder full of bookmarked threads and a set of spanners,

Posted Image

loom extended and tidied up

Posted Image

bracket made and cc pump wired up.

Posted Image

Fan override switch ( earthed blue/grey wire from fan relay) decided not to bother getting the led to work.

Posted Image

Inlet manifold and alternator fitted , (thanks Captain V for the last minute alternator supply thumbsup )

WTF is the following part for , seems I ordered it from CMS???  I cant think of any water pipe that needs a bung??

Posted Image.

Today I am going to get a bit a fibre glassing done to fix this hole

Posted Image

I am also considering getting a new windscreen fitted while the clam is off, anybody know if autoglass will come out to you to fit a screen on a vx or do they have to have it in their centre? a couple of reasons for this, 1. after the lunar mileage VIX has done the screen id very very scratched and pitted and with a low sun visibility is zero , also and more worryingly the entire bottom edge of the screen is not bonded down , I can lift the bottom enough to get my hand in there.  :( . Gotta be a safety issue there.

Next question regards the PCV set up.

I have modified the gasket as per the GM book, the question is the cam breather , I know this has been discussed at length in a number of other threads but...

option 1 - Filter and catch tank and extend vent out the back somewhere , tried tested and not ideal.

option 2 - OEM and push the vented gas back through the SC - concerned about crapping up the laminovas and the SC but otherwise seems a good idea.

option 3 - catch tank and filter prior to OEM route - I like this solution but honestly don't know enough to make a educated decision 

what would the "ideal" solution be??

(edit) and finally a worrying development, my ecu seems to have got lost in the north sea!  posted last Thursday using royal mail, (£15!!!) and its still not got to Peter, fingers crossed it arrives today. 

Edited by TIP, 15 August 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#28 nicollow

nicollow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:03 AM

Good progress fella!! Most people (as far as I know) go for option 1. Don't see there being too much of an issue with it. I had a glass catch tank and the crap that gathered in there would sure as sh*t clog the laminovas up in a matter of miles. Unless you can guarantee all the oil vapour has been filtered/caught, I would keep well away from pumping it back into the inlet manifold.

My ECU took a hell of a long time to get to Peter too, and my postage cost a lot more than £15!! Hopefully it arrives safe and sound though

#29 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:23 AM

In obdtuner you can set the fan temp at wish, making the switch slightly unneeded.

#30 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:24 AM

I would say option 3 is the best of both worlds on the condition you can separate the gases from oil I've tried option 1 and 2 Option one is good if you have a closed Pcv system but this doesn't help with removing the gasses from engine and has given a lot of pressure which has caused dipstick blowing out or at worst it may cause blowing past the oil seals Option 2 work perfectly but you get oil residue in supercharger Option 3 with some alloy scratch pad things in the catch tank should separate oil and vacuum should pull the gasses quicker than fluids but you will have to check catch tank that it doesn't fill What I did find was option 2 my car get through no oil compared with option 1

#31 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

All option should give filtered air in to engine

#32 Sticky

iTB lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 08:52 AM

Autoglass came out to me. They were delighted to find the front clam off!

#33 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

got an email from Peter, my wayward ECU has arrived , been updated and posted back so hopefully that will arrive early next week.

Have booked auto glass to fix this mess

Posted Image

opps must of dropped a hammer  ;)

other wise today was spent tidying up and fettling the installation to a point where I am happy with it. (killing time really untill ECU arrives and autoglass fix the windscreen)

decided to cut the fuel lines and reroute them to the passenger side, not completely happy with this as didn't want to cut the pressure test valve off , but the existing pipe is all bendy. may live with this ???

Posted Image

the belt was still worrying me ( even with the fuel rerouted there is a lot of fuel filler pipe work quite close so fabbed up a guard from some spare ali

Posted Image

still contemplating the PCV solution , more on this as I make a decision :P

#34 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

Belt guard looks great!

#35 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:38 AM

GRRRRR  Autoglass are annoying, after much persuasion I finally convinced them that due to the clam already being off they DO NOT need the car in branch. (that took a lot of explaining!!) then they tell me the earliest they can come out is next Saturday , I was really hoping to get the clams on next week so I could get a weekend supercharged drive in.

Then I had to do lots of explaining that I wanted a black surround not a silver one... But they only come in silver she tells me... :ffs: 

Finally after nearly half hour on the phone and speaking directly to the branch manager I have a BLACK encapsulated screen coming but still have to wait till next Saturday.... 

#36 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:53 PM

SHE LIVES, sort of..

I'm hoping someone will be able to diagnose a problem for me.

Having chopped and changed the fuel lines I was expecting a few problems with the first start up as the fuel filter would be empty and would all the lines and fuel rail. I primed the system by just turning the ignition on and off a few times to get the fuel pump to fill the lines and get up to pressure.

when I finally pressed the button she sprang into life hunted for revs and then dropped to firing on three cylinders , I have pulled the fuel rail and tried starting with the rail out and the squirt pattern on one of the injectors seems a bit limited (seems to be only coming from one of the holes)

have put a noid lamp on the injector plugs and all well there, so my wiring seems good , if I start her up and give it a little throttle alls good and she revs freely but after a few seconds one of the cylinder (3?) drops out and I lose the throttle. I have pulled the loom of doom plugs by the header tank apart and cleaned them but I don't think that is the problem. Also the EML is on , does anyone know if OBD tuner gives the same error codes as OEM?

First video of the engine hunting for revs and then dropping a cylinder.

http://vid667.photob...zpsc23c4c90.mp4

second video with some revs and again dropping to three cylinders (yes I know the filters not attached I was checking the throttle flap was opening since I keep losing the throttle)

http://vid667.photob...zpsf7647ab4.mp4

any ideas ??

any cheap and easy ways to clean an injector? (if I'm right and it is a crappy injector?)

Edited by TIP, 20 August 2014 - 07:01 PM.

#37 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

Swap injectors and see if it changes cylinder

#38 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

Swap injectors and see if it changes cylinder

I will have a go at that tomorrow, might even try fitting the original injectors (sure it will run like shite but at least it will tell me if it is a crapped injector.

anybody got a spare LSJ injector?  

#39 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:30 PM

Joe must have some LSJ injectors lying around, but your engine is making some weird noises and not sure if it's only related to a dodgy injector.

Check the codes, as OBD-T has fully functional standard Z22SE diagnostics.

Did you rewire the TB according the correct scheme? MAP sensor or TMAP?

3 wire Delphi 2 bar MAP sensor => I see no intake tube/filter in the vids, so did you connect the IAT sensor back in?

#40 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:22 AM

Joe must have some LSJ injectors lying around, but your engine is making some weird noises and not sure if it's only related to a dodgy injector.

Check the codes, as OBD-T has fully functional standard Z22SE diagnostics.

Did you rewire the TB according the correct scheme? MAP sensor or TMAP?

3 wire Delphi 2 bar MAP sensor => I see no intake tube/filter in the vids, so did you connect the IAT sensor back in?

throttle body was wired using smileys 2 day conversion thread. i hope that's right.?

map sensor is the one supplied by CMS

IAT sensor is mounted in the intake tube (I took the filter off to check the throttle flap as I also lose the throttle when it misfires) but same problem with intake attached.

I will check codes today ( I didnt have my code reader yesterday and am still waiting for the usb/obd cable to arrive so I can use peters software)

thanks for the pointers 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supercharger, project, diy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users