• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#41 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:00 AM

Ok, so you're running on peters basemap atm.

Can you email that to me so i can open it in my obdtuner so i can check the parameters? (just pm me) 

Your CS map sensor will be a regular 2bar one, not a tmap.

#42 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:cars. sci-fi, rum, bass, sheds, making stuff, fixing other stuff (mainly plastic vauxhalls) and other geeky bloke stuff

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:05 AM

still waiting for the interface cable to arrive (hopefully friday) then I will email it to you ( thank you)

do i need a TMAP sensor or can I use the CMS supplied MAP? 

just heading off to the workshop now with my cheap ebay OBD reader will post error codes asap.

#43 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:27 AM

In odbtuner you specify if you use the CS 2 bar map sensor, or a 2.5 bar tmap.

If you have a tmap sensor however, the wiring of your temp sensor (the one between air filter and throttle body) and the map sensor are combined. 

So tmap is not just a tick in the software.

Peter is not known to make mistakes in his basemap.

He will have asked you for all your cars variables, before creating the basemap for you.

Can you post what you emailed him on parameters?

Edited by smiley, 21 August 2014 - 08:28 AM.

#44 nicollow

nicollow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:44 AM

You can just use the CS MAP sensor, that's what I am doing and its grand. Get it up and running properly before faffing with a TMAP. As for your dodgy injectors, have you checked that the fuel rail is getting the vacuum feed from the manifold? It looks like it in the picture before, but thought I would ask. The map needs to be told what the vac/fuel rail/rail pressure setup is, but as mentioned, Peter is pretty thorough and I would be very surprised if there is a mistake in the map. 

#45 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:cars. sci-fi, rum, bass, sheds, making stuff, fixing other stuff (mainly plastic vauxhalls) and other geeky bloke stuff

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

regarding the parameters sent to Peter. map sensor number and positions- cos supplied and in manifold Tmap- no oon phone so struggling to copy not paste email I sent to Peter?

#46 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:15 AM

error codes p1512 and p1514 any iideas?

#47 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:19 AM

P1512:

- brown ecu relay in the back making bad connection - blue connector behind header tank bad connection (not corroded!)

P1514: - scangauge set to showing more then 3 values - faulty injector - faulty map sensor

My first bet is on loom of doom, so clean and check the 2 connectors behind the header tank first. 

#48 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:48 AM

due to the throttle dropping out I have already checked and cleaned the two connectors. going to get some new spark plugs too as just occurred to me these have done 20k +. vauxhall triple electrode best to go for?

#49 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:03 AM

Same code I had yesterday when wrong Throttle bodie and map sensor and injectors were selected on acidpopstar car yesterday Put right parameters on everything ok

Edited by CHILL Gone DUTCH, 21 August 2014 - 10:03 AM.

#50 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

Also same symptoms

#51 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

got an email from Peter, my wayward ECU has arrived , been updated and posted back so hopefully that will arrive early next week.

Have booked auto glass to fix this mess

Posted Image

opps must of dropped a hammer  ;)

other wise today was spent tidying up and fettling the installation to a point where I am happy with it. (killing time really untill ECU arrives and autoglass fix the windscreen)

decided to cut the fuel lines and reroute them to the passenger side, not completely happy with this as didn't want to cut the pressure test valve off , but the existing pipe is all bendy. may live with this ???

Posted Image

the belt was still worrying me ( even with the fuel rerouted there is a lot of fuel filler pipe work quite close so fabbed up a guard from some spare ali

Posted Image

still contemplating the PCV solution , more on this as I make a decision :P

just check your fuel lines are correct just noticed that you have changes your fuel pipes

Edited by CHILL Gone DUTCH, 21 August 2014 - 11:26 AM.

#52 OneYet

OneYet

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

Mine went for the three cylinder option when she started as well.

It was so simple that the plug into one of the injectors was forced out when I bolted the injectorrail into place.

Edited by OneYet, 21 August 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#53 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:05 PM

right frustated now!!! :angry:

all connections cleaned and checked (loom of doom, injector plugs, throttle body, ecu, map sensor)

injectors checked (all are delivering fuel)

this is the engine configuration I sent Peter (I cant check this yet as I'm waiting on the OBD interface to arrive) but I cant help thinking that Peter wont have made a mistake

[color=rgb(54,95,145);]-          [/color][color=rgb(54,95,145);]Engine compression ratio: OEM[/color]

[color=rgb(54,95,145);]-          [/color][color=rgb(54,95,145);]Desired rev limiter rpm: 6000[/color]

[color=rgb(54,95,145);]-          [/color][color=rgb(54,95,145);]SC type: m62[/color]

[color=rgb(54,95,145);]-          [/color][color=rgb(54,95,145);]SC pulley size: 3.3"[/color]

[color=rgb(54,95,145);]-          [/color][color=rgb(54,95,145);]Throttle body: 68 mm[/color]

[color=rgb(54,95,145);]-          [/color][color=rgb(54,95,145);]Air filter/inlet setup: courtney supplied[/color]

[color=rgb(54,95,145);]-          [/color][color=rgb(54,95,145);]EGR valve: removed[/color]

[color=rgb(54,95,145);]-          [/color][color=rgb(54,95,145);]Injector type: green LSJ[/color]

[color=rgb(54,95,145);]-          [/color][color=rgb(54,95,145);]Charge cooling setup: pro alloy[/color]

[color=rgb(54,95,145);]-          [/color][color=rgb(54,95,145);]Exhaust setup: OEM manifold, miltek cat pipe, Janspeed back box[/color]

[color=rgb(54,95,145);]-          [/color][color=rgb(54,95,145);]Cam shafts: OEM[/color]

[color=rgb(54,95,145);]-          [/color][color=rgb(54,95,145);]Fuel pressure: OEM[/color]

[color=rgb(54,95,145);]-          [/color][color=rgb(54,95,145);]Fuel pressure regulator connected to boost: yes[/color]

[color=rgb(54,95,145);]-          [/color][color=rgb(54,95,145);]Manifold Air Pressure sensor number and position: cortney supplied in manifold[/color]

[color=rgb(54,95,145);]-          [/color][color=rgb(54,95,145);]Use Temperature sensor in TMAP for measuring intake air temperature: no[/color]

[color=rgb(54,95,145);]-          [/color][color=rgb(54,95,145);]Other like cylinder head ported or other important info: none.[/color]

engine starts and hunts for revs and then drops a cylinder, if I give it some revs the throttle is silly responsive , the very slightest pressure on the pedal (2-3mm) sends the revs immediatly up to 6K.

as soon as the misfire develops (10-20 seconds) I get no response from the throttle and the EML lights up with P1514. Cleared this code a few times and each time it comes back with P1514. (as well as Smileys reading of this code (thanks)I found reference to it being something else

(the dreaded p1514 is too much intake air flow, the ecu then gets the hump. - Vocky)

I guess Im stuck untill I can connect the laptop and check the base map? although it has to be something simple , as I said cant believe Peter would make a mistake

#54 nicollow

nicollow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

Perhaps the throttle body is incorrectly wired?!?! Throttle shouldn't be that sensitive

#55 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

You're welcome to borrow my cable but realise I'm not exactly close to you....

Once you have the cable you can log what's going on and hopefully all will become clear.

#56 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

if an injector isn't firing and still does not fire after moving it to another cylinder then replace the injector, I have seen two duff LSJ injectors recently. 

#57 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

excellent the cable has arrived , so I am off to the workshop to get a log to send to Peter and to check the configuration, update soon  

#58 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

configuration of the ecu is correct. have pulled the loom apart again and checked the wiring of map, injectors, and throttle plug. still badly misfiring have done a short log and sent to Peter so fingers crossed he can shed some light on the problem

#59 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

Just pmed my email address can you forward log to me please Chris

#60 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:46 PM

Peter says The error code P1514 is set when measured engine airflow does not match estimated engine airflow as established by the throttle position sensor. hhave checked joints between 1.TB/SC 2.sc/manifold 3.manifold/head

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supercharger, project, diy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users