supercharger project diy

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#101 A-F_20

A-F_20

• PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

Probably not the problem but I had issues with my sc instal because of a faulty map sensor - it would idle ok but wouldn't rev. As I say may not be the problem but really easy to check by swapping out the map sensor. I got one for about £10 off eBay

#102 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:cars. sci-fi, rum, bass, sheds, making stuff, fixing other stuff (mainly plastic vauxhalls) and other geeky bloke stuff

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

Right after a weekend of trying not to think about it .

I am 99.99% sure I have no airleaks. (all gaskets in place, all joints tight, joints squirted with brake cleaner and no signs of leaks)

all the error codes relate either directly or indirectly to the TB ,

so I want to double check the TB wiring, since the colours of some wires are the same the best way I can think of is checking back to the ECU plugs.

therefore does anyone know what ECU pins relate to what TB plug pins?

I need to also check the actual TB,  so need to borrow a spare, ( one request already made) but anybody else ?

if it turns out to be the TB , anybody know of one for sale?

have also ordered a spare MAP sensor so going to check that to.

if anybody has any ideas please throw them in as frankly at this stage I'm stumped

all bodywork is now on however and it looks like a car again, just wont work.. :angry:

#103 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

this is how the 68mm tb should be wired to the ecu plug  thumbsup

A= pin 55
B= pin 57
C= pin 43
D= pin 26
E= pins 15 & 16
F= pins 13 & 14
G= pin 45
H= pin 36

#104 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:cars. sci-fi, rum, bass, sheds, making stuff, fixing other stuff (mainly plastic vauxhalls) and other geeky bloke stuff

Posted 25 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

vocky

thank you , that will be one more thing I can cross off thumbsup

#105 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

this is how the 68mm tb should be wired to the ecu plug  thumbsup

A= pin 55
B= pin 57
C= pin 43
D= pin 26
E= pins 15 & 16
F= pins 13 & 14
G= pin 45
H= pin 36

not having the car to hand .

is the pin layout pretty obvious or would a map be useful and if so please can you point me in the right direction 

Thank you  Imnotworthy

#106 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:48 AM

The connector pin-order is written (very small) inside the ecu connector... (1-16, 17-32 etc.)

#107 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:52 AM

The connector pin-order is written (very small) inside the ecu connector... (1-16, 17-32 etc.)

brilliant thank you 

#108 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:28 PM

:groupjump:

she lives !!!

after much faffing about the problem was finally found. there was indeed a air leak (as Chill and Peter told me there would be) but finding it was a nightmare. eventually I used an air line into the brake vacuum tube on the TB and blocked the air intake up and gently pressurised the system and poured soapy water over the engine. and there it was a tiny leak in the manifold/head gasket. seriously at first I was there is NO way that tiny leak is responsible for the problem. But by that stage I was happy to try all avenues. took the manifold off and there was a tiny bit of corrosion on the head surface.

cleaned the surfaces added some gasket goo and bolted it all together again. pressed the button, and she purred like a dream. :D

so some massive thank you's 

Captain Vimes for the alternator and showing me around his car

Fezzasus for the very generous lend of his TB, (will get yours back in the post to you asap) thanks mate.

Chill gone Dutch for interrogating my logs and quite rightly diagnosing an air leak.

and to everybody else who offered help and advice.

Not had chance for a proper drive but its weird, same car but not the same at all, the difference is spectacular. if you are umming and ahhiing about supercharging , go for it its actually a pretty easy modification (bar tiny tiny airleaks) and the car is very very impressive after.

one last question 

when auto glass put the new screen in he has bonded the mirror way too far over to the left of the car , so much so I cant actually see out the back now. 

so 

1. can someone measure up so I can see how far out the mirror actually is 

and

2 . can you break that bond or do I need to talk to autoglass 

again thanks all , finished pics to follow 

#109 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

great news

#110 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

http://www.speedster...or, Install.pdf

#111 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

thanks 

and yes its way out, instead of 90mm off centre ins nearer 190mm , trip to autoglass tomorrow 

#112 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

brilliant

Autoglass cant move the mirror, so its going back in on saturday for another new screen.

#113 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:14 PM

ouch are you having a black surround?

#114 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

ouch are you having a black surround?

a black surround has been ordered. what gets fitted is anyones guess

#115 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

Great to hear you got it sorted and it was something minor after all! The difference it makes is quite impressive isn't it? What did you do with the cam breather in the end?

#116 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

What did you do with the cam breather in the end?

at the moment it has just a filter on it and tucked down by the intake .

I will see how much gunk its actually given off and then evaluate what to do next, (the PCV is open at the head) 

#117 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:22 PM

HELP

IT issues ... thought I better get round to doing a fuel learn and properly map the car. because my laptop is a pretty expensive 19" whopper , I opted for a £50 from ebay samsung n150 netbook, just to run the OBDtuner software .

I have done a clean install of windows 7 but cant get the bloody usb/obd cable to work , I have followed the below instructions but to no avail. I am not getting a yellow exclamation mark but a grey question mark, device manager is not seeing any of the drivers I have installed.

http://www.totalcard...d-obd2-software

any tips or obviousness I should have tried?

I know the cable works as I installed OBDT2 on my Dads laptop during the conversion and that worked fine , just cant get this netbook to accept the drivers .

Edited by TIP, 05 October 2014 - 03:24 PM.

#118 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:33 PM

You will probably need to make some changes to the settings in your PC Direction to do this are within the OBD tuner instructions

#119 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:34 PM

Here http://www.obdtuner....ualV2.6.1.2.zip

#120 TIP

TIP

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:48 PM

cant even get to that point, the pc wont even recognise the drivers and interface cable, so no hope of getting anywhere in OBDT just yet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supercharger, project, diy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users