87 replies to this topic

#1 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:19 PM

Right,

So I'm in the process of sorting out an air filter for my car. Having decided to use the same ITG setup that JG used to retail through Mango Motorsport, I've contacted ITG (JG is no longer sells them, as MM is offline) to find out costs.

The breakdown is

[color=#1f497d;][font="calibri, sans-serif;"]A STAB99XL/67R (filter and airbox) will retail for £152.00 + vat.[/color][/font]

[color=#1f497d;][font="calibri, sans-serif;"]The RAB65TEMBA mounting bracket kit retails for £35.00 + vat[/color][/font]

[color=#1f497d;][font="calibri, sans-serif;"]The JDR-2 dust retention spray retails for £7.50 + vat[/color][/font]

[color=#1f497d;][font="calibri, sans-serif;"]Carriage will be £12.00 + vat.[/color][/font]

Which equals £247.80. That's not an inconsequential amount for an 'air filter' but those that are running this set up have reported that it has quietened down the SC whine on the induction side, which might just be the difference between completing a full track day and being black flagged for noise. This seems to be especially important for the Harrop boys also running (loud) 3-inch exhaust systems, but a few (JG and Cocopops certainly) run these on the M62 set up also.

ITG guarantee it will cope with 300bhp, though they have hinted that it'll actually take 400bhp+.

Basically the kit is the enclosed airbox, filter, bracket (which makes it typically JG in its installation neatness) and dust spray for filter. You will need to sort out your own pipework and a couple of other fittings (jubille clips etc) but the basics are there.

If we get five people interested I can get 15% off the component costs (not carriage) for everyone. If we have them delivered to one address then we'll save even more obviously, as we wont pay 5Xcarriage costs.

For five people that would be £212.79 delivered to your door (£198.39 component cost) and less if we use .org delivery network and have all delivered to one recipient first.

A couple of pics stolen from one of JG's threads on it

Posted Image

And fitted to Leevx2.2's car (not sure he uses the supplied bracket in these pics)

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you want to read that thread (where he sold an extra, with 10% discount for £225) it's here http://www.vx220.org...ount-on-sc-itg/

Anyway, in traditional .org style it's list time. I'll let this run until 9am Monday 1st December to ensure that anyone who might be interested but is waiting for payday can cover the costs if they want to.

1. Graeme Lambert

2. Bargi

#2 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 06:23 PM

Yep, happy with mine. thumbsup

#3 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:12 PM

Can you get more of a guarantee about power rating As its a lot of £ for it to be good for only 300 ponies

#4 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,177 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:29 PM

Well ask Lee? What's he running?

#5 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:31 PM

I think it was around 320 at the wheels last time I spoke to him but I could be wrong

#6 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:35 PM

I'm interested as well but need it to closer to 400bhp rather then 300 bhp is there's more proof some how.

#7 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:35 PM

Can you get more of a guarantee about power rating As its a lot of £ for it to be good for only 300 ponies

Long and short of it, not really sure it's worth trying Chris. It's a big old filter though. I've used itg before on my old Saab, and I'm confident from that experience this should handle more than 300. But like JG I'm offering no guarantee of this. Lee is running it on his harrop'd Vx with no apparent problems.

#8 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:36 PM

I think it was around 320 at the wheels last time I spoke to him but I could be wrong

Which is probably around 350 at the fly. I will fire Andy and Steve at itg an email but obv won't hear back until next week now I expect.

#9 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:38 PM

Which is probably around 350 at the fly. I will fire Andy and Steve at itg an email but obv won't hear back until next week now I expect.
👍

#10 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:40 PM

A dirty CS filter is def good for 315 so I reckon this should do the job. You're not going to get a written guaranteed for BHP for your car. Nev might be able to look at the filter specs, surface area and efficiency of your motor to extrapolate your estimated BHP... I'll go with the rule of thumb that if JG and Lee both have it fitted its good enough for me :D

#11 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:45 PM

I know what mine is pulling with the pipercross cosworth airfilter on the dutch software amd would be nice to test one of these back to back to see the results.

#12 CocoPops

CocoPops

• 17,177 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:00 PM

Have we had a Dutch mapped car on the dyno yet?

#13 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

Not that I know of. I keep meaning to take mine to EFI-parts in Runcorn still not done it though. Peter's car has been on a hub dyno and the latest version of the software was altered to reflect his figures. After this the power and torque figures looked very similar to CS (on st2 cars). On my NA I saw a drop of about 20 ft/lb in torque to about 175 ft/lb which sounds about right. Peter is confident the figures produced now are very accurate ( though only as accurate as the figures you in put!).

Edited by oakmere, 21 November 2014 - 08:24 PM.

#14 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:26 PM

yes, mine, but what does that matter, all the .org experts say you can't trust a dyno

#15 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:31 PM

yes, mine, but what does that matter, all the .org experts say you can't trust a dyno

Need the same dyno. Still think it's worth booking a mobile one in for the next national. I might even have an engine by then.

#16 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:42 PM

Need the same dyno. Still think it's worth booking a mobile one in for the next national. I might even have an engine by then.

you would think so, it didn't work out that well a few years back for a .org dyno day, ask 5oclock about what his black "Exige 240" pulled and how mine went from 228 to 271 between runs :D

#17 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

you would think so, it didn't work out that well a few years back for a .org dyno day, ask 5oclock about what his black "Exige 240" pulled and how mine went from 228 to 271 between runs :D

Intrigued

#18 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

anyhoo... hands up who wants the filter

#19 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:12 PM

Yep, I'm not chasing any more ponies so 1. Graeme Lambert 2. Bargi 3. Paulcp (at the 5+rate) 4. 5.

Edited by PaulCP, 21 November 2014 - 09:38 PM.

#20 Hark

Hark

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:16 PM

Lee has one of these? His car is really loud? Lol. What was that enclosed filter Martin S and a few others ran at state 2?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users