heater

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Mouldy

Mouldy

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:33 AM

Well the plugs I ordered were an exact match for the plug already on the heater.  Just had to solder the corresponding end onto the loom.

That was the good news….

Sadly as i start to try and assemble it all with everything in place (battery washer bottle etc) its simply not going to fit as it stands :(

The matrix is simply too big and where I left airspace on either side to try and use more area of the matrix means  thwe top box is too tall.

While it would all fit once assembled, You cant ACTUALLY get the top box in over the base plate when the base plate is bolted in <SIGH>

So have to abandone it for now as I need to get MOTed etc.  

I'll put old "heater" back in for now I I will need something to demist the windows.

I'll then look for a smaller matrix.  Hopefully my base plate is still usable so not all been a waste so far.

Hate working on the VX  - you just cat get at anything !!! 

At least I fix my headlights hopefully while it was all off road.

#22 garypara

garypara

• Pip
  • 200 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 02:25 PM

Thats a shame but please do keep me posted as would like to find out when you do have it sorted

#23 Mouldy

Mouldy

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:03 PM

Yes havent given up yet.

Putting the old heater back in was kind of a pain.  The mounting broke away from its rivet  and took a small pice of the fan housing with it. FFS!!!

Had to quickly make a small ally fillet to rivet/glue in place.   Dropped in ok after that.

Fezz/John - would you be willing to share the dimensions of the heater matrix you used??  ;-)

Cliff

#24 Mouldy

Mouldy

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:05 PM

Oh and also fixed the old heaters cable grip which had bent out of shape.  I used a 5mm "Wire rope grip" from BnQ.  

works a treat.  Just had to dremel off the old hardened sprung steal clip  and drill two 5mm holes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: heater

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users