Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:18 PM

I dont care, I love my toy and will never sell it. Its now a family heirloom

#382 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 08:21 PM

They won't go down, they're not worth enough, we are not talking about cars worth as much as houses so I doubt the economy will have much effect unless something drastic happens.

#383 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:08 AM

Can't think what would give tge same spped and driving pleasure of my VXSC for double, tripple getting on to 4 times its value. So it's staying put.

#384 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:14 AM

anything comparable , the last of the 6 cylinder manual gearbox porsches are highly desireable , which has dragged up the rest of the market , this has helped Lotus and their own margins

#385 rabbidog

rabbidog

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:47 AM

Agree with alot of the above.

I can see a possible future potential slump in classic car prices, Brexit may lend a hand to it, or a global recession.

However i think this will more likely impact the overly inflated prices of modern classics such as cosworths etc.

The Vx doesnt really fall into this category, their prices have only increased relatively steadily over the last few years, and falls will be minor.

Like bikes, most owners wait until the spring to sell as do alot of buyers to buy, the ones that are for sale in the winter can usually be had for less but there is alot less choice, which in most markets would mean less supply so higher prices, but the key with a vx is find a nice one, so choice is key.

So spring/summer will be a better marker as to where the prices are going.

Just my own opinions.of course

#386 ConnorL

ConnorL

• 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:33 AM

I'm hoping they don't go up any more, I'm in the market for one this year, but if they go up any more it will price me out :(

#387 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:38 AM

The Europeans are taking a lot of UK stock , as well as a lot of spare parts , simply because our stuff is under priced compared to EU prices

#388 gertje

gertje

• PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 04:06 PM

When cann not use lot of Parts of thé vx only thé big Parts and engine Parts fit

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

Edited by gertje, 11 February 2019 - 04:08 PM.

#389 St3v3boy

St3v3boy

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:44 AM

Hi guys, I'm about to sell my 2002 2.2. 27k on the clock, but it was cat c when it was 9 months old and it's just been cat N repaired (a small knock to the front clam shell, a bit of an overexageration writing it off). The paint on the doors is a bit rough with some white chips which have just appeared. Mechanicallly its sound, I've just replaced the fuel tank, sender unit, pump, and every other part it took to find the fuel fault.

The question is, what sort of price should I be looking for do you think? Cheers

#390 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:56 AM

About £80 if its Scottish.

#391 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:21 AM

Hi guys, I'm about to sell my 2002 2.2. 27k on the clock, but it was cat c when it was 9 months old and it's just been cat N repaired (a small knock to the front clam shell, a bit of an overexageration writing it off). The paint on the doors is a bit rough with some white chips which have just appeared. Mechanicallly its sound, I've just replaced the fuel tank, sender unit, pump, and every other part it took to find the fuel fault.

The question is, what sort of price should I be looking for do you think? Cheers

if it was non-Cat and mint it would be worth around £12.5k.

Being a Cat C and also a Cat N, coupled with bodywork being required, means it is probably only worth somewhere around £7.5k - £8.5k

#392 St3v3boy

St3v3boy

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:27 AM

As long as it's not Scottish notes your trying to hit me with. No one up here accepts them, need to go down south to get rid of them.

#393 St3v3boy

St3v3boy

• Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:33 AM

if it was non-Cat and mint it would be worth around £12.5k.

Being a Cat C and also a Cat N, coupled with bodywork being required, means it is probably only worth somewhere around £7.5k - £8.5k

Thanks for that, I'd be happy with the lower end of that to sell it quicker. First car I've owned that I got my money back on :)

#394 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:54 AM

Fit ITBs then it's priceless!

#395 Madmitch

Madmitch

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 538 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 03:20 PM

One of the biggest, if not the biggest, appreciation drivers is rarity and given that the numbers are constantly dwindling I can see serious appreciation setting in eventually.  Look at the prices now commanded by incredibly mundane cars from the 60 and 70 megarust era simply because there are so few left.  Remember the VX220 is a Lotus in all but name and remember how the original Europa was panned in it's day for it's Renault engine and other things, look what an unspoiled original one of them would fetch now! 

#396 Mani

Mani

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:06 PM

Yes certain mods add value.

#397 Mani

Mani

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 10:06 PM

One of the biggest, if not the biggest, appreciation drivers is rarity and given that the numbers are constantly dwindling I can see serious appreciation setting in eventually. Look at the prices now commanded by incredibly mundane cars from the 60 and 70 megarust era simply because there are so few left. Remember the VX220 is a Lotus in all but name and remember how the original Europa was panned in it's day for it's Renault engine and other things, look what an unspoiled original one of them would fetch now!

Yep. Rarity and desirability are important factors.

#398 rabbidog

rabbidog

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:39 PM

But with most mods you never get back what you spend.

#399 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 07:59 PM

But with most mods you never get back what you spend.

And with most cars you never get back what you spend. So mod away lol... If that is what makes you happy. Life is surely too short to worry too much about the next owner.

#400 Mani

Mani

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 09:34 PM

You can't put a price on enjoyment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users