Prices Are Looking Good

• Please log in to reply
487 replies to this topic

#401 rabbidog

rabbidog

• Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 March 2019 - 10:35 PM

[/quote]And with most cars you never get back what you spend. So mod away lol... If that is what makes you happy. Life is surely too short to worry too much about the next owner.[/quote]

Im glad the previous owner of mine thought that way thats for sure

Edited by rabbidog, 27 March 2019 - 10:36 PM.

#402 zeezeebaba

zeezeebaba

• Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 12:04 AM

I always keep the standard parts I take off anyway, that's the reason you can't swing a cat in my garage :)

#403 Di3sel

Di3sel

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 05:49 PM

Some optimistic (or not?) prices currently in the market. Curious to see if they will sell. Peak season, or vx started to appreciate?

#404 Mani

Mani

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 27 July 2019 - 10:49 PM

Prices are holding up nicely at the moment.

#405 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 28 July 2019 - 06:53 AM

Some high prices are being asked by some sellers; whether they sell is another thing though 🤔

#406 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:20 AM

^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^

A few very nice examples for sale at the moment but no sign of sales being achieved. Maybe the top of the curve has been reached

#407 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 09:01 AM

if you look at the wider market then you will realise many performance cars are not selling.

I looked at a M2, M4 and a C63S way back in May, they are still for sale .......

Personally I'm glad that I am not in any rush to sell mine, if it takes a year or so thats fine by me. I can still enjoy driving it :D 

#408 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 28 July 2019 - 10:36 AM

Agreed Neil, it’s not VX specific or by brand either. Everything has slowed down over the last year I think.

It’s fine if sellers are happy to wait; I just feel there are a few being a tad optimistic.

#409 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 12:18 PM

the most optomistic car I have seen for sale recently is a three year old M2 at more than a brand new M2 competition costs to buy, no logic in that :wacko:

#410 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 01:06 PM

if you look at the wider market then you will realise many performance cars are not selling.

I looked at a M2, M4 and a C63S way back in May, they are still for sale .......

Personally I'm glad that I am not in any rush to sell mine, if it takes a year or so thats fine by me. I can still enjoy driving it :D

Agreed Neil 👍. It just proves the point that it is demand/the market that drives prices.

Sometimes niche cars buck the trend but the biggest clue a seller can get from their pricing is the interest in the item that is generated. For those that are prepared to wait until things pick up the current situation shouldn’t pose a problem.

Deep down you don’t want to sell yours anyhow, you’ll be sad when it’s gone 😛

#411 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 31 July 2019 - 04:25 PM

Agreed Neil 👍. It just proves the point that it is demand/the market that drives prices.

Sometimes niche cars buck the trend but the biggest clue a seller can get from their pricing is the interest in the item that is generated. For those that are prepared to wait until things pick up the current situation shouldn’t pose a problem.

Deep down you don’t want to sell yours anyhow, you’ll be sad when it’s gone 😛

I'm in no rush to sell :D

#412 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 31 July 2019 - 07:48 PM

Market is borked at the moment and this is not likely to chance now until spring next year I would say.  We have done pretty well with the more special cars like Honda Lotus cars and have had a run on VX220s but now Brexit is back on the agenda its dropped a bit quiet again. The other big factor that has affected the Lotus market is that the EU buyers have totally evaporated. Looks like that gravy train has stopped running for now. 

Prices have I would say softened a little but have held up pretty well compared to other performance cars. Porsche have taken a battering this year. I have a Cayman that is struggling to shift and have noticed hige drops in prices of 987 and 981s. 

We saw a huge spike in sales when the Brexit deadline was moved to October so there's clearly pent up demand. The sooner they do something about that the better for us as it's clearly had a very negative impact on the car trade this year. 

#413 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:02 AM

Don’t want to get political but can’t see any change soon and it’s not only the car trade being effected.
Boris won’t get a deal no majority for no deal brexit so it will be a general election leading to a hung parliament with no consensus. 😡

#414 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 11:19 AM

from reading various articles it seems that there has been a 20% drop in car sales all across the board, when compared to twelve months ago

#415 Mutt & Jeff

Mutt & Jeff

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • Interests:Music, F1, Cars, Keeping Fit, Skateboarding with my boys & Red Wine

Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:38 PM

I've not been on here for so long that I forgot what my Avatar looked like!! :)

I bought my VX back in 2003 and first used this forum on a dial up connection.  :D 

I was wondering how prices are doing as I've not really been using my VX for the last few years and am considering selling it. It's interesting reading peoples thoughts re. Brexit (or the lack of it) slowing the market.

Do people think I've missed the boat this season & should wait for March-April 2020 to put it on the market?

#416 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:10 PM

It's likely we will be in a recession by October, the economy as a whole is taking its correctional decline.

#417 Mani

Mani

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:58 PM

Wait for spring buddy.

#418 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 02 September 2019 - 05:35 AM

I've just had a bit of a run on VXs only have my NA a vxr and just about to list another turbo but prices are needing to be keen. Never would have thought we would have a vxr for 20k but hey ho. The market I think will bounce back pretty strongly post Brext.

#419 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:25 AM

much interest from europe with the exchange rate in their favour?

#420 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 02 September 2019 - 07:28 AM

VXRs seem really over priced to me. Will they be worth even more in the future with so few people knowing about them? Most people think my car is a VXR as they think that's the actual name of the VX220; I stopped correcting then a while ago. Is that 20k or 23k?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users