https://z22se.co.uk/...te-10-bhp.6809/

they never said at which point in the rpm scale that the 10 hp was measured

Greatest losses will always be at high engine speed, low load

#82 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 08:11 PM

It's back together now with the full interior fitted and treated to a new pair of speakers.

Had a quick run up the road with no hard kicks.

So the next step. OBDTuner is not communicating with my laptop, I think this is down to my OBD port I tried cleaning up the connector pin but no luck. Needing to get the multimeter on it and make sure its getting power.

Anyone know how safe running the OBDTuner supplied map is? Really want to use it back and forward to work while the weather is still here.Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#83 navx

navx

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 03:42 PM

It's fairly safe on the base map assuming you specified the spec correctly when your ecu was set up. It is more likely that It will run richer than it needs to in base map configuration.

Edited by navx, 09 July 2018 - 03:42 PM.

#84 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 06:00 PM

Met up with Martin today and his reader and it fired up straight away :D.

Bad news alternator died on the way home :(.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#85 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 July 2018 - 10:10 AM

We are back on the road again!! Alternator changed last night and not too difficult :) and what a difference the new handbrake cable makes.

I now have an OBD connector that will let the laptop talk to the ECU so hopefully start the mapping sessions.

Now to the tidy up and fit some of the smaller parts that have sat in the garage for what seems like months now.

#86 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:21 AM

Small update with some pictures. Door insert covers fitted with carbon triangles.
2 mapping sessions on the dutch software and the car is going amazing the midrange is unbelievable.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#87 flybikeslee

flybikeslee

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 09:47 PM

nice little read this, cant wait to get mine charged! 

#88 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:58 PM

So..... it’s been a while.

So moving back to Scotland and nowhere to keep the VX the car was listed on eBay and offers were made but 1 week before moving a house was found with a garage and drive 😁.

It drove perfectly the 340miles from the West Midlands to Stirling where a nice warm garage was ready for winter and the first track day was booked for Knockhill as a Christmas present.

New red stuff pads were fitted for the track day along with HCB’s and a general going over along with moving the dipstick tube the source of an oil leak 🙄. The car performed amazingly never got hot and was up with the newer lotus cousins.

Posted ImageAttached File  d0783a80-dd2e-4d16-878e-88119dadb20d.jpg   348.61KB   6 downloadsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The brakes let it down though loosing them after around 5 hard laps then having to let them cool and a bad vibration. The NS CV boot has also let go and the Achilles front tyres were going a bit off once it started to dry out.

I now have a CV boot some HEL brake lines, brembo discs, typ200 brake fluid and picked up a set of turbo ears too. Hopefully it will be ready for the next track days soon.

Posted Image

#89 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:53 AM

Don't ruin it with turbo ears please! :D

#90 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:08 AM

^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^
Instant ruination of the flowing lines & shape😟😟

Also don’t expect the HEL Brake Lines to help your braking problem, they won’t if you current lines are in good condition, but some decent pads (not any “stuff” ones) & fluid will

Edited by PaulCP, 09 May 2019 - 08:17 AM.

#91 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:15 AM

There are now 2 x 360hp Dutch track speedsters, that do not have ears fitted.
I think that the general consensus that they are needed to get in the extra air may not always apply. and taken into account before hacking into your vx for these.

If you just like the looks, then by all means do it.

#92 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:34 AM

The HELL lines were more of a nice to have, that the other half gets told are required. :ninja: 

I've never had a problem with "stuff" pads the problem was my foot going to the floor so I've also bought a new 1 way valve for the servo line. I started to the first corner at the weekend and the fluid that has came out so far looks like cola.

The ears are just something I like, if they do anything to help push air into the engine bay then fair enough........Maybe I'll fit just the left one to feed the filter like the snorkel's you used to see on MR2's ;)

#93 Haston

Haston

• Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:37 AM

Old fluid 😕

Posted Image

#94 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 09:39 AM

Don’t forget to invert the front callipers when bleeding after fitting the HEL lines👍

#95 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 04:59 AM

The HELL lines were more of a nice to have, that the other half gets told are required. :ninja:

I've never had a problem with "stuff" pads the problem was my foot going to the floor so I've also bought a new 1 way valve for the servo line. I started to the first corner at the weekend and the fluid that has came out so far looks like cola.

The ears are just something I like, if they do anything to help push air into the engine bay then fair enough........Maybe I'll fit just the left one to feed the filter like the snorkel's you used to see on MR2's ;)

I find you can get a similar look and avoid the extreme awkwardness :P of the ears by just getting the small panel in front of the vent wrapped in black..

The ears are only really there as the standard turbo has an intercooler mounted in one side.. They seem to have little / no effect on actual engine bay cooling. Add some additional venting in the under trays for that.

Those MR2 snorkels were one of the worst add on parts I've ever seen on a car, and totally useless in the majority of cases.

Edited by Rosssco, 10 May 2019 - 05:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users