Are Vx220's Cool?

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#41 ditonics

ditonics

Turbos aren’t as good as NA’s

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Marks cat, Joes Mum and Stuarts skills with a wonky erection.

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:18 PM

Kouki https://scontent.cdn...639753273_n.jpg

That must of been one hell of a pot hole he went through. Yikes

#42 leevx2.2

leevx2.2

Turbo's are for girls and throttle bodies are too slow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts
  • Interests:Taking apart vx220s for fun
    getting p!!sed
    genraly playing with large power tools

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:22 PM

I think allot of cars are cool i define  cool as a car i like ,my cool is not every body else's cool  but i think vx220 are a very understated cool car moded or unmoded  

#43 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 12 February 2017 - 03:39 PM

They are not cool 

do up a camper van and stick a 911 lump in it that would be cool

but really sh*t round a race track ..........

If cool means every time you get in it and drive it people will stop and ask you what it is 

or take pictures of it as you sit there in it in a traffic jam or at the lights.

its not a cool car 

its a track car !

#44 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

I think allot of cars are cool i define  cool as a car i like ,my cool is not every body else's cool  but i think vx220 are a very understated cool car moded or unmoded  

Lee I think your car looks the business mate but it is a long way from what it was born with!

#45 Mushter

Mushter

• Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Eh, Urm.

Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:11 PM

Go drive one man then come back in a week and tell us what you think. I've recently bought one and can honestly say it's the best fun I've had since running modified Hillman Imps back in the day. My only wish is that I got one year's ago. At least then I may have looked dignified getting in and out😱😲😱 Oh, and they are cool if you like that kind of thing. Bit like an Imp really.😛

#46 leevx2.2

leevx2.2

Turbo's are for girls and throttle bodies are too slow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,830 posts
  • Interests:Taking apart vx220s for fun
    getting p!!sed
    genraly playing with large power tools

Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:21 PM

Lee I think your car looks the business mate but it is a long way from what it was born with!

Do you think Chris ,  some of my favourate cars are very standard looking vx220's though mines just a bit chaved up lol

#47 yogiontour

yogiontour

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:19 PM

"Go drive one man then come back in a week and tell us what you think." - This sounds like some great advice. 

Sorry if I come across at all pretentious about the badge snobbery. I think I have a dislike to vauxhalls from years being forced to do 40,000 miles a year in the worlds dullest cars...The vauxhall insignia.

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]I've done my research and I'm going to jump in with both feet and get a vx220.[/color]

#48 Acidpopstar

Acidpopstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  • Interests:Playing and teaching guitar / driving

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:31 PM

Hurrah! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#49 ditonics

ditonics

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:37 PM

Where you based Yogi.. might be with finding a pax ride

#50 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:50 PM

As above. Go out in one before you commit. I assume you're not expecting it to be anything like a boxster/mx5/ any other mainstream car.. it's a 'unique' experience.

#51 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:13 PM

They are cool when you don't own one, when you get one you think  "Oh sh*t, this is costing me".

Then you drive it and go "Yeah that's cool", you get home and go "I fcuking hate this car", then you drive it again and you get "the looks" from different groups of people trying to figure out what it is and then go "This car is cool".

Go for a drive and decide for yourself.

A car that will beat most things on the road for less than 10k.  Doesn't cost a fortune to maintain, servicing is circa £150, tyres aren't too bad, better and cheaper if you have 16" front and 17" rear (more tyre options available).

Interior is very basic and consists of one cup holder that you can't get to easily.  Suspension is stiff and when you hit a pothole you feel as tho you have broken your back!

Personally I think it's a cool car, but one I have tired of, but still gives me as smile when I do drive it. 

Speed = yes

Grip = yes

Fun = yes

Cheap(ish) = yes

Spank a 'chav' car off the line = yes

COOL = YES

#52 Mushter

Mushter

• Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Eh, Urm.

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:14 PM

Yay. Think of it as Karting but with a mate. And you get to give the government £295.

#53 Crunchie

Crunchie

• PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Interests:Lots of different things, in lots of different places

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:01 AM

Cool - dont think they are cool.............. Non Cool - think they're cool

Cool -dont care if they're cool............... Non Cool - care about being cool

Cool - lead............................................ Non Cool - Follow

Pretty sure, nobody cool would ever bee seen dead on Face Book or on a web forum....so thats every one in this conversation eliminated.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it.

#54 Ali87

Ali87

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:50 AM

It is a cool car and you feel cool in it. Until you have to get out of it in front of people. Then you just feel like a bellend but at least you've given folk a laugh

#55 Mattyboi

Mattyboi

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:40 AM

Not cool. Cool is Steve McQueen next to any 60's GT car in Monaco.

VX's raise to many questions to be cool, because if you have to explain anything it makes it immediately not cool. You might think you look cool sat in it but you look like a berk getting in and out of it, illusion shattered. The roof comes off so you hair always looks bad and the only other option is a hat. And if you're between the ages of 16 and 65 no hat suits you.

So picture the scene, you pull up to a swanky hotel in the country on a hot summers day. Sexy ladies look on at you looking cool in your sportscar. You fold yourself out berk style, your top is sweaty because its a hot summers day, you only have a spare pair of pants because of the small boot, you have to explain to the concierge how to get in and out because of the sils and the windscreen issues. IF you manage to pull said sexy lady, you have to explain to her how to get in and out, which kills the mood, and she also looks berkish getting in and out. No nookie for you.

You can do some cool things in a VX though. Beating much more expensive cars on track or B roads never gets old, your driving becomes alot better, Euro trips and Scottish hoons are amazing and you get some never forget memories.

So buy one and do cool things, but you'll never be cool.

#56 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:09 AM

if you drive these things around europe , you will not believe the amount of attention it gets

#57 flamy

flamy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:19 AM

I think it's the Vauxhall badge why people would consider it uncool. Hence why a lot of people de-badge them. What is cool is if you are a 19 year old and you own one - I had a bonus of about 10k from work and bought one and all my friends were pretty jel.

#58 ditonics

ditonics

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:45 AM

I think it's the Vauxhall badge why people would consider it uncool. Hence why a lot of people de-badge them. What is cool is if you are a 19 year old and you own one - I had a bonus of about 10k from work and bought one and all my friends were pretty jel.

You got insured on one aged 19. Wow

#59 yogiontour

yogiontour

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:30 AM

Not cool. Cool is Steve McQueen next to any 60's GT car in Monaco.

VX's raise to many questions to be cool, because if you have to explain anything it makes it immediately not cool. You might think you look cool sat in it but you look like a berk getting in and out of it, illusion shattered. The roof comes off so you hair always looks bad and the only other option is a hat. And if you're between the ages of 16 and 65 no hat suits you.

So picture the scene, you pull up to a swanky hotel in the country on a hot summers day. Sexy ladies look on at you looking cool in your sportscar. You fold yourself out berk style, your top is sweaty because its a hot summers day, you only have a spare pair of pants because of the small boot, you have to explain to the concierge how to get in and out because of the sils and the windscreen issues. IF you manage to pull said sexy lady, you have to explain to her how to get in and out, which kills the mood, and she also looks berkish getting in and out. No nookie for you.

You can do some cool things in a VX though. Beating much more expensive cars on track or B roads never gets old, your driving becomes alot better, Euro trips and Scottish hoons are amazing and you get some never forget memories.

So buy one and do cool things, but you'll never be cool.

hahaha this made me chuckle.

It's going to be a second car so I'm not too concerned with looking a tit some of the time!

They look absolutely amazing, especially with some of the mods people have done. They seem to perform as good as anything on the road as well, and with a supercharger I'm sure they are pretty much unbeatable!

#60 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:15 PM

I couldn't give a Monkeys exit hole if it's cool or not. It's fun, that's the car's main purpose. Fun fun fun fun. If you're interested in your image, buy a Boxster or something with a fancy badge, there is nothing "cool" about a Vauxhall badge, and most people look no further than the badge.

In fact, explaining to someone that your Vauxhall is actually a Lotus 116 is the least cool thing you can do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users