382 replies to this topic

#241 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:45 AM

What sort of cost are we looking at.... Just so I can put it aside ready Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think guide price was £700

#242 Peter VXR29

Peter VXR29

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Bike and car track days

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:14 AM

Wow that's really impressive, always thought the vx dash was showing it's age, this product will move it not just upto but ahead of most current dash,s. Love the race dash screen.

#243 Peter VXR29

Peter VXR29

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:14 AM

Wow that's really impressive, always thought the vx dash was showing it's age, this product will move it not just upto but ahead of most current dash,s. Love the race dash screen.

#244 Peter VXR29

Peter VXR29

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:16 AM

Dam double posted...apologies

#245 garw

garw

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:46 AM

What sort of cost are we looking at.... Just so I can put it aside ready Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£500 7" £600 8" Plus any fees and postage

#246 t3dcf

t3dcf

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:20 AM

Brilliant Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#247 garw

garw

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:14 AM

So gents , Any ideas on what else an app can do for you ? So far all I've had is the "less is more" comment I'll be at the national with the test car , So you can be as honest as you want after you see it :-)

#248 Raptor

Raptor

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

can you just take my money please?  8" of goodness..

#249 pete-r

pete-r

I never drive faster than I can see

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 01:25 PM

I would look to get it hooked to a raspberry pi. That way you have a vast array of options available to you: Radio Obd software Navigation without phone CCTV recorder Alarm notification Document storage (user manual etc) Gps active screens - turn up at a track and automatically turn on track apps and track screen like on a Nissan GT-R. But back to the original point of view, get the basics working first and sort the bugs out.

#250 t3dcf

t3dcf

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:23 PM

Apart from the basics, the one thing that would be most useful is ability to have some sort of mapping/satnav ... But that's just me. :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#251 twoclubsandastick

twoclubsandastick

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:56 AM

I so badly need one of these!

#252 VincentL

VincentL

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:44 PM

Integration with racechrono And generally changing settings like which metrics are shown how each metric is shown (dial/digital/graph) shift light thresholds Switch between Imperial/metric Backlight illumination Theme/background Being a software engineer at heart; it would be awesome to have an API accessable for future 3rd party apps Still I emphasize the need for an initial quick stable release with further functionality added down the road. Before people start looking elsewhere.

#253 'Buchos'

'Buchos'

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:04 PM

£500 7" £600 8" Plus any fees and postage

Foly Huck thats a great price !

#254 Mopeytitan

Mopeytitan

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Motorbikes, well anything mechanical.
    My dogs (love my dogs).
    F1.

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

I want one now! :lol:

#255 Jocke_D

Jocke_D

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:27 AM

Integration with racechrono And generally changing settings like which metrics are shown how each metric is shown (dial/digital/graph) shift light thresholds Switch between Imperial/metric Backlight illumination Theme/background Being a software engineer at heart; it would be awesome to have an API accessable for future 3rd party apps Still I emphasize the need for an initial quick stable release with further functionality added down the road. Before people start looking elsewhere.

I agree...

It sounds like upgrades/patches are easily installed so no need to add further functionality at this point.

From one SW developer to another => Stop gold plating it and decide when enough is enough (KISS)  ;)

Edited by Jocke_D, 28 June 2017 - 08:29 AM.

#256 Mopeytitan

Mopeytitan

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Motorbikes, well anything mechanical.
    My dogs (love my dogs).
    F1.

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:08 PM

Not sure if it's been covered I've only really glanced through this but will you be able to design your own display?

#257 garw

garw

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:59 PM

I agree...

It sounds like upgrades/patches are easily installed so no need to add further functionality at this point.

From one SW developer to another => Stop gold plating it and decide when enough is enough (KISS)  ;)

Yes, Yes 

I'm listening

The first release will be the base version

without

GPS laptimer

Video input

Datalogging

these additions will be available via download at various stages of release

preview , beta , stable etc

when the updates are applied to the dash a backup of the original software is stored on the update usb stick

so after adding any features you can always revert if needed.

#258 alanoo

alanoo

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:41 PM

For the geek ones here, would love some hardware details  :wub:

#259 VincentL

VincentL

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:00 PM

So track season is here, which means it's soon over.... I'm seriously considering picking up an AIM alternative since i need something for this season. Is there any kind of time plan here? Would be good to know if this is planned for '18 so that those who need can move on

#260 garw

garw

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:28 AM

So track season is here, which means it's soon over.... I'm seriously considering picking up an AIM alternative since i need something for this season. Is there any kind of time plan here? Would be good to know if this is planned for '18 so that those who need can move on

It's rolling out at the moment at a sensible pace to deal any with install issues and teething problems Things are not going to any plan If you need something now , with a tested GPS laptimer then it would be better for you to get the AIM alternative . Can not promise you anything for this season , if that means the summer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users