• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,046 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:24 AM

get down the gym and on the leg press , that is the only way you will increase the force acting on the pad for more friction.

#22 Ivor

Ivor

Need to get Out More

• 1,044 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:37 PM

get down the gym and on the leg press , that is the only way you will increase the force acting on the pad for more friction.

Or alter seat position to maximise leg leverage and pressure on the pedal

#23 hughcam

hughcam

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Interests:driving, motorcycling, snowboarding, v12 lawn mowers

Posted 03 August 2018 - 10:54 AM

Brake bias on the standard set up is far from ideal for track use.  Elise/vx220's have far to much front bias for high performance braking on track. More rear bias is welcome however I am not sure how much bias to the rear would be introduced by putting front calipers on the back with no other modifications. 

For what its worth I have never heard anyone who has undertaken the conversion say a bad thing about it. 

#24 FLD

FLD

Filthy Little Deviant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,935 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:55 AM

Have you considered boring the rear calipers to 38 or 40mm? A guy in the US did it for vipers (same caliper). No fannying about with brackets or multi caliper set ups and you can retain the oem dust seal (just). I've done a couple or pairs and it's certainly feasible. Not fancying making more though. You can go to 42mm or a bit more but this would need a new dust boot.

#25 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,700 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 02:15 PM

Have you considered boring the rear calipers to 38 or 40mm? A guy in the US did it for vipers (same caliper). No fannying about with brackets or multi caliper set ups and you can retain the oem dust seal (just). I've done a couple or pairs and it's certainly feasible. Not fancying making more though. You can go to 42mm or a bit more but this would need a new dust boot.

Ehhh, you did this? I linked to that Viper conversion some years ago, but not much interest. Although they flex a bit, I would love to have stock rear calipers with 38mm (+11%) or maybe 40mm (+23%) pistons!

On track my car with stock calipers (RC6) has too much front bias. Now going for RC6E fronts which should have slightly less friction than normal RC6 compound.

(Pm some details? Have good workshop access. ;-) )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users