But loose the vx220 and supercharged wording things could look less busy

#62 MAXR

MAXR

I’m jealous of Batman’s driving skills

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts
  • Interests:Tennis, Golf, classic Ferrari's

Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:50 PM

When your doing these visuals is it worthwhile adding your raised bootlid, and mesh etc..

I think that big block of colour will have a dramatic effect on the look of the rear..

Yep, I'm too busy today, but I will be doing that soon.

I will be doing a road and a track car. One with a coupe, one without. If I can get it looking like the photoshop rear, I'll do that as the road car, as it looks Lush. I love the rear lights rotated and also detail between the lights and boot lip spoiler, which fits in perfectly.

I just hope it doesn't look like a Munter from a rear quarter angle.

Im about to order new skoda lights, as I couldn't be bothered to wait for some to turn up on Ebay. I'll have 14 days to return them if they don't work. Dimensionally, they are a nice size and as Ive widened the rear by 100mm, it will make the diffuser proportionally a better fit.

I'm also going to removing the buttress kink and have it flowing down to the rear deck, as it now doesn't quite look right.

Don't worry, the roof is safe from my dremel!

#63 MAXR

MAXR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:45 PM

Looks a bit busy imo
But loose the vx220 and supercharged wording things could look less busy

Yep, you're probably right. The top half of the rear, I really like. The lower half is better suited for the track, grills will be required to vent air entering the sides. They will remain. I will possibly lose the triangular vents and reduce the diffuser to a Ferrari style smaller one for my road version. I'm only aiming for a stage 2 SC or 2.0 Audi power with enclosed air box, quieter exhaust and sofer fast road bias quantum suspension.

As for the badges, hey, it's photoshop. They're probably several times their actual size and for my road car, I will lose the GM/VX220 badges anyway.

#64 ChrisS1

ChrisS1

Club OEM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,360 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 03:13 PM

Followed one of these and thought it may be another option as it seemed pretty angular with grilles

Honda-Civic-Orange-Edition-2.jpg

#65 MAXR

MAXR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:34 PM

Followed one of these and thought it may be another option as it seemed pretty angular with grilles

I know, I'm turning into an automotive light geek. I keep analysing the car in front of me or spotting cars in car parks. 

#66 MAXR

MAXR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:19 PM

I bought a Skoda Kodiaq rear light on ebay, which had a scratch on it for less than £30 inc delivery, so I thought I'd buy it & try it. I like it a lot! I will be able to graft it onto my car quite easily. However, the new Skoda Kodaq lights I ordered have still not arrived, but I think the Kodiaq lights may be a better solution for my track car with the coupe back.

I still really like the Kodaq lights and may still use them on a road car for myself if the moulds on this car come out looking like quality OEM panels and not like a garage homemade abomination. 

IMG_6777_zpsils4yvzz.jpg

IMG_6779_zpsdxc2su4k.jpg

IMG_6775_zpsycucsqke.jpg

#67 Jimmy-Boy

Jimmy-Boy

• PipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:26 PM

Like the lights in picture above mate!

#68 MAXR

MAXR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 25 September 2018 - 04:31 PM

Like the lights in picture above mate!

Yep, they be lush! the LED side lights look really nice on too!

#69 MAXR

MAXR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 01:03 PM

OK, I just had time this afternoon to make a quick mock-up of the Skoda light on my old clam to see how it could be integrated before I have to go back out. I did do several checks prior to buying the lights, but you don't know until you actually get the dremmel out and try it for real.

it

I have just made a hole roughly at the correct size and angle where I thought the light would fit. I then just made a couple of templates and cut them out of some PVC plastic sheet offcuts. I like the results, the light curvature perfectly matches the rear wing curvature.

Please remember that my VX's backend will be longer and wider than a standard VX. My old VX's square(ish) corners and entire rear will be cut off completely and new corners and rear grafted back on. 

IMG_6839_zpsiycpla8x.jpg

IMG_6838_zpsbrw22sxu.jpg

IMG_6836_zpse4w21bad.jpg

IMG_6835_zpsloeoirbl.jpg

IMG_6834_zpsbpgos5m3.jpg

IMG_6833_zpslk5k4g4f.jpg

IMG_6832_zpsnjdyq4lq.jpg

IMG_6831_zps7jnytleq.jpg

IMG_6830_zpsj0moovlj.jpg

IMG_6829_zpsc2nhbsbx.jpg

IMG_6828_zpsw7dq8s3m.jpg

IMG_6827_zps5f2cp4ex.jpg

IMG_6826_zpsssun80pk.jpg

IMG_6824_zpslfjqy17q.jpg

#70 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:08 PM

I got another rear clam going cheap if you need another attempt lol

#71 MAXR

MAXR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 06:50 AM

I got another rear clam going cheap if you need another attempt lol

Ho ho ho, I almost fell off my chair!

That black clam you sold me was probably in worse condition than my orange one that it was to replace🤥

Actually, I may well need another one if this goes Pete Tong. But, could I please get a light coloured one? Black is a shitty colour to modify, as you can't draw on it, or see the contours particularly well.

#72 allsteel

allsteel

• PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Winning lottery tickets,scantily clad women,real ale poured with a head,modified cars,great guitar playing.

Posted 29 September 2018 - 08:58 AM

Liking a lot of the changes but those lights dont work at all for me. Thought the Corvette jobbies would cut it.

#73 MAXR

MAXR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 10:33 AM

Liking a lot of the changes but those lights dont work at all for me. Thought the Corvette jobbies would cut it.

I guess everyone won’t agree on everything I’m doing and that’s okay. Once it’s a bit more moved on and together you may think differently, or, you may not! 😂

Either way, I’m pleased so far with the progress and appearance. I will be having a honeycombe grill in between the lights. It will probably be too vulgar for many, but I want the hot air from the engine bay to exit freely.(it’s a track car only and can never go back on the road!) there’s no point in me making a pretty car that overheats on track! However, my road version will not have a coupe hatch, meshed area or the same lights and diffuser.

...Guy's, I’m thinking of just getting it done now and not posting in anymore threads. My work upto the end of the year is looking likely to be extremely busy. I think I’ve shown enough for now and don’t want to
Dribble updates over a long period.

#74 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:22 PM

Please, dribble updates :) It's the best action .org has seen for a while.  We don't even get "which tyre" or "which brake pad", or "which is better; turbo or NA" threads anymore :( ;)

thumbsup

#75 MAXR

MAXR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 01:51 PM

Please, dribble updates :) It's the best action .org has seen for a while. We don't even get "which tyre" or "which brake pad", or "which is better; turbo or NA" threads anymore :( ;)

thumbsup

Well that's just plain daft! I thought that it was now universally accepted that an Na is way better?

#76 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 05:25 PM

its red max thumbsup

but you can have it cheap as it saves me moving house with it :lol:

#77 MAXR

MAXR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:46 PM

So, after a busy few days, I thought I’d better make a start on the rear as I’m still unsure about what bumper, vents, diffuser and also lights to use.

As I bought the C-HR bumper some time ago, for the princely sum of £40, I thought I’d at least cable tie the bumper on and see whether it looks OK and whether it could be grafted on.

I quite like it! The plastic lower black plastic panel will not be used. It will probably be replaced with an aftermarket C-HR CF diffuser or I’ll just make up one myself. The vents on the bumper will also be working grills. Still not sure about the rear wing, but if I did fit it, it would be fitted via the rear diffuser area with suitable custom pylons and possibly to seat runners so that they can be quickly and easily adjusted. It definitely now needs wider & bigger wheels! 

The bumper as you see it needs to move forward by 40mm. It can’t now as the bumper side grills are hitting the VX bodywork. One option, which is likely to be a pain, but is quite doable, is to have a proper hatchback, hinged by the standard VX bracket, but assisted with gas struts.

The lights clearly are not located correctly but will visually give a good appreciation of how it will look. This was a 35 min mock-up, so please don’t say it is sagging (which it is) in fact, the whole back including the wings are! I may try other lights from friends’ cars when they come over! Lol…

IMG_6856_zpshzc9xxeo.jpg

IMG_6855_zpskhsrkbmp.jpg

IMG_6854_zpsuffpfpki.jpg

IMG_6850_zpsrodtnyo9.jpg

IMG_6849_zpsjux50owt.jpg

IMG_6848_zpswzrbjrmp.jpg

IMG_6847_zpseefhjaht.jpg

IMG_6846_zpsr48hvdiq.jpg

IMG_6859_zpss4bblbpc.jpg

IMG_6858_zpsr8zp5n14.jpg

IMG_6857_zpsukkilqry.jpg

#78 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:58 PM

can you rotate the rear lights 180' , or maybe swap left and right

#79 Doctor Ed

Doctor Ed

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:59 PM

Tip edge of boot lid needs to come atleast down to level of the lights, if not 1-2cm lower

#80 MAXR

MAXR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 04:05 PM

I quite like the lights upside down and swapped left & right. I also in a strange way, like them sticking out from the bodywork? lol

After looking at all cars I come up to on the roads, I actually think that fitting a FRONT bumper on the back??? Could offer more and perhaps better options? It sounds daft, but I assure you, if you look with an open mind, you'll perhaps also see good rear ends attached to the fronts of cars!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users