42 replies to this topic

#41 Spitfire Engineering

Spitfire Engineering

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 12:51 PM

OK, I feel that I’m getting on your nerves and it’s not my intention

I like your kit and what you have developed for these cars.

English is not my language so may be “false claims” are not the right words .. I should have said sales pitch sometimes with misleading information like these examples:  

When you write : "out latest kit uses 7068," in this post  http://www.vx220.org...+kits, +vxparts

we can think that all kits are using this material but it was only for a special order 

When you write : "Basically it is the lightest, strongest and easily the most durable kit,.."

http://www.vx220.org...st#entry1859813
i already know that 1/3 of that is not true

I did not say that the BOE rods are too weak either.

I wrote:  Is the BOE rod weaker than OEM ?  Is it too weak ? 

This symbol  â€œ? “  has a meaning , it means that I just don’t know and that I’m wondering…It’s related to what I think and has nothing to do with what you think.

I confirm the misinterpretation of your following comments : â€œOver the year it is very rare I openly comment on another manufactures output unless it is dangerous or clearly has a major issue and even then it is more of a hint, i.e when a particular “up rated” kit suffers the same failure multiple times on track” followed by â€œBOE is the only exception and the main issue the false claims….”

Thinking that you were deliberately  putting BOE in the “dangerous category”

OK, I feel that I’m getting on your nerves and it’s not my intention

Not at all, always nice to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the various options  :)

You just have to careful when making categoric statements and be prepared to withdraw them if necessary.

English is not my language so may be â€œfalse claims” are not the right words .. I should have said sales pitch sometimes with misleading information like these examples:  

When you write : "out latest kit uses 7068," in this post  http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/topic/130521-toe-link-kits-vxparts-vs-eliseshop/?hl=%2Btoe+%2Blink+%2Bkits%2C+%2Bvxparts

we can think that all kits are using this material but it was only for a special order

This is not misleading, it is correct, I think the problem is the language barrier   :)

You have confused the use of "our latest kit uses 7068* " which it does, with the exclusive use of 7068 for the entire kit including the rods.
The use of 7068 for the entire kit was a special order for a race team.
The Spitfire website states we use both 7075 and 7068 along with other high spec materials in our kits, though not in all in all, as there are many variants for many models, Evora, V6, etc.
Normally the 7068 is used for higher stressed components.

*However, also be aware that we run a constant review of all our products and we may change materials to the latest specification where appropriate, always go to the website for this information as the threads you mention are 5 years out of date. Materials are always further uprated, we do not switch to cheaper materials to increase margins.

And as a very special claim to fame we were using 7068 on kits before Boeing and Airbus were using it on their aircraft.
Many years ago an Americal friend had an old friend from Nam working in military procurement, the material was not released for commercial use at that time and was mostly used on the Tomahawk project. I obtained 2 lengths for free!

When you write : "Basically it is the lightest, strongest and easily the most durable kit,.."

http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/topic/142407-toe-links/?hl=lightest#entry1859813
i already know that 1/3 of that is not true

Well before you can say this is incorrect first you need to consider the terms of reference, the thread is discussing uprated toe link kits for the VX.
Firstly, the Spitfire website states, and always has " the kit is the lightest for its strength" which it is.

Secondly, the BOE kit is never mentioned on this forum as it is not designed for the VX anyway, knowing the subframe fracture issues no company who had actually examined a VX subframe would use a harder single shear fastener with a torque outside the limitations of the VX subframe material.
It was clearly designed for the S2 Toyota subframe, probably to overcome the issues with the early OE brace bushes, but that is another story.

Thirdly, the only kits which are frequently mentioned and compared on the forum are the EP/ES and Spitfire, and in this respect, we are the lightest along with the other claims.
The thread title of the first link you supplied actually names the kit options.

In conclusion, I am not convinced the BOE kit is either uprated nor designed for the VX so I don't feel it should be included in comparisons of uprated kits which have been designed for the VX, all which have their relative design concepts and service histories well documented within the forum membership.

Personally, I beleive the statement is correct and justified so I stand by it but if you don't accept this then I am happy to agree to differ   :)
PS, Its probably not the strongest either as someone will have welded a section of RSJ across the back of the car somewhere in the world   :rolleyes:  

BTW the strongest means within the context of its full functionality which includes the frangibility of the link at a predetermined level of force.

I did not say that the BOE rods are too weak either.

I wrote:  Is the BOE rod weaker than OEM ?  Is it too weak ? 

This symbol  â€œ? “  has a meaning , it means that I just don’t know and that I’m wondering…It’s related to what I think and has nothing to do with what you think.

OK   :)

#42 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 04 July 2019 - 03:17 PM

Do Nitron still make toe links? IIRC they were different on the joints again. Instead of a LH and a RH thread to give the adjustment they used two RH threads but with a different pitch so the adjustment was finer. Probably completely over the top but I thought it was a good idea.

#43 Spitfire Engineering

Spitfire Engineering

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 03:25 PM

Do Nitron still make toe links? IIRC they were different on the joints again. Instead of a LH and a RH thread to give the adjustment they used two RH threads but with a different pitch so the adjustment was finer. Probably completely over the top but I thought it was a good idea.

Never for the VX

They used Flouro bearings which are quite good.

We used an outer adjuster on the first kits in 2002 as a custom job though it was the usual LH/RH system, I thought it was a good idea and it was only £40 more but there were only a few takers, about 5 kits in all I think.

With products like this, you have to use confirmation bias as a sales technique, i.e make all the kits with an outer adjuster so you have to have it and then its the best thing since sliced bread and an absolute obligatory facility to have   :rolleyes:

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users