97 replies to this topic

#81 scw02102

scw02102

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 03:44 PM

Had 2 emails in 36 hours so he is defo beginning to respond

I sent my ic7 back today for repair so fingers crossed it comes back soon and sounds like he is improving this support now.

I’m on 4.48 on ic7 has a fighter pilot dash now 😀

#82 scw02102

scw02102

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 03:50 PM

I don’t know about others but my oil temp reads zero which makes sense as I don’t have a sensor.
Has anyone just dialled in a number such as 95 or so so it looks better on the dash?

I’m guessing it can be adjusted like the water etc?

#83 martinroger

martinroger

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 03:54 PM

Nope, I installed a sensor. If you have an NA I can recommend a good junction piece near the oil filter to install a standard NPT gauge, then it's up to you to run wires down the sills and up under the dashboard :)

#84 scw02102

scw02102

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 04:03 PM

On the Turbo it’s not that simple to install a sensor

#85 martinroger

martinroger

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 04:11 PM

If you can't put a tee anywhere, maybe have a look at using a sump plug with a hole for an NPT sensor, it is another way to do it?

#86 Studentgti

Studentgti

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 09:13 AM

So as promised, GARW sent me the version 4.51 of the IC8 firmware. Given I bought the thing three years ago and only just getting around to fitting/using it I'm really impressed with the service to be honest. Love the display too.

I wonder if version 5.00 can give us some vector targeting and missile control screens from a TIE fighter complete with some R2D2 bleeps!

Hi, I've got one of the original units in mine too, would it be possible to share the latest firmware so I can update?

Thanks!

#87 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:23 AM

Can people share with me the settings you have for fuel please - it uses Analogue Input 4 but what settings do you have in the "Advanced" screen for the resistance etc....  Should be something like:

Sensor RESL RESM RESH Value1 Value2 Value3

and on the other screen

Data Source Source CANID SCALE OFFset

Thanks in advance

Andy

#88 scw02102

scw02102

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 03:51 PM

My fuel was bang on
Only had to adjust the water temp by 7

#89 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:18 PM

My temp is bang on but not the fuel lol...

#90 works

works

• 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 06:42 AM

Has anyone ordered one within this year, originally from "may 2020 dispatch" and received their units?

#91 works

works

• 7 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:38 PM

Has anyone ordered one within this year, originally from "may 2020 dispatch" and received their units?

Answering to myselft as I just got an "order dispatched" email from Garw. Happy times!

#92 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 06:15 PM

So, thanks to GARW and the official support email (which I have to admit was spot on in terms of speed of respnse) I traced my fuel indicator issue to a loose wire in socket 7. Wire and pin have been reseated and the dash is now showing a respectable looking fuel figure. I'll need to fill her up to check but confident all sorted.

Given my dash was bought and delivered in Dec 2017, and sat in it's box for 2.5 years before fitting (so it's an early version) I'm bloody chuffed to bits it has worked so well. As I said, cannot fault the support from the GARW support emailed.

A very happy customer...

#93 scw02102

scw02102

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 10:34 PM

Can you pretend to be me, might get a response

Sent my unit off for repair waiting nearly month not heard anything back emailed twice politely asking for an update, nothing.

Do you use the support email or info email?

I’ve tried both.

#94 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 10:59 PM

Support emailid. Always polite. Always positive. Always clear on the problem (photos of dash re screens, explanation etc). On here, a grumpy b@stard. When asking for help always polite, clear and patient.

Not saying you are not, but having worked in Retail I will always say customer attitude = quality of response in most instances.

I always wait till issuers sorted on forums until I vent.....  All sorts of people read forums, including suppliers...

Anyway, on holiday on bottle of wine number 3 so wtf dp I know...

#95 scw02102

scw02102

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:00 AM

That exactly how I have been

Extra polite even though I have waited even my 5th email extra nice.

Sent videos of the dash playing up. It’s not like he doesn’t admit the issues just goes quiet for weeks and weeks before a response.

Would prefer yes received the item currently testing will let you know in 5 days or something.

#96 paul_mck

paul_mck

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 03:46 PM

ok thanks for the photos. next days check my values. I have not tried to modify with the value of another car and then put vx220, I will also try this solution. for the oil temperature, I would also like to put it in the garw, currently I have an external sensor. It's very complicated?

No worries. I checked after re-loading the VX220 setting, and it's the same values, except for the Oil T and P.

I managed to reproduce your seatbelt light issue by loading the Elise S1 settings after updating, so I would definitely recommend that you load another car's settings, then re-load the VX220 settings. Sometimes the old settings stay in memory or get corrupted after an update, it has been reported a couple of times already.

Regarding the oil pressure/temperature sensor, it's not a very difficult job, especially if you already have the wire going from front to back. You need to make sure that your sensor is the right type for the dash (have a look at the manual, towards the end) and then it's just a matter of setting the dash correctly (you can look at my photos) and wiring the signal wire from your sensor to one of the NTC wires on the harness.
If your sensor has a ground wire as well, just ground it somewhere in the engine bay.

Old post but when fitting the sensor wiring did you just wire straight from the sensor into the garw or did you have to use any resistors etc? Manual isn’t very clear.

#97 paul_mck

paul_mck

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:28 AM

ok I got them working in the end, the settings in the GARW manual are actually dead on. couple of things to consider (NOTE this is just how I did it, all at your own risk):

- the pin out diagrams are crap in the manual and dont reflect the later molex connectors (I have an early 2020 dash). For reference I used pins 13 and 14 on the second smaller AUX plug

- when wiring the G terminal on the pressure sender goes straight to the GARW, the WK is unconnected

- when wiring the oil temp the wire also goes straight to the GARW

- make sure the sensor housings have a good earth. I used a remote pipe to mount the sensors somewhere more suitable and it doesnt earth well so I had to earth the T piece.

- hardware wise I had the inline adapter for the oil cooler pipe with a single 1/8 NPT take off. Into that was the remote take off pipe then a T piece at the end of that with 2 1/8 NPT holes in it. One for the pressure sensor and one for the temp sensor

- follow the garw guide settings to the letter. Oil Temp is an NTC sensor so the settings for me were NPT7 / SENSOR1 in the Vehicle Config page, then set the SENSOR1 values in Extra / Sensors page (totally different settings page). Oil pressure is a simple ANALOGUE8 / 0 sensor setting with no need to set anything else up on the Extra / Sensors page.

Wee tip, to test the oil pressure is obviously easy (start engine), for oil temp I put the heat gun on the T piece for a little bit until I saw the temp rise. Pending a road test at this point.

Hope that helps someone. Actually quite straightforward in the end.

Next up is an AFR reading :)

#98 paul_mck

paul_mck

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 11:16 AM

just a note from the FB post, using the temp sensor at the end of a remote pipe is NOT ideal. The oil up there isnt flowing so the temps need to propagate up the pipe giving a delay (if it ever gets to full temp).

To remedy this I think I will remove the oil cooler inline adapter and drill/tap a new hole there. Then run the remote pipe for the pressure sensor, and the oil temp sensor can sit in the flow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users