48 replies to this topic

#41 Johnboyhgt

Johnboyhgt

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Tracks, Mods

Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:57 AM

Very likely. So that makes it a bit easier. As said before bridge the relay. There's 3 relays in the boot. Yellow, brown, grey. Grey one does the fuel pump. Take a piece of wire and connect the brown/grey to the thick purple/white as in the picture.

That should run the fuel pump. Again jam jar under to check flow. Only needs to be on a second or two to check.Posted Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

#42 Ryanp220

Ryanp220

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 11:28 AM

Very likely. So that makes it a bit easier. As said before bridge the relay. There's 3 relays in the boot. Yellow, brown, grey. Grey one does the fuel pump. Take a piece of wire and connect the brown/grey to the thick purple/white as in the picture.

That should run the fuel pump. Again jam jar under to check flow. Only needs to be on a second or two to check.

Righto, that shall be the next thing I do then. I shall get back to you all as soon as I have tried this, thank you again guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#43 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 01:51 PM

That should run the fuel pump. Again jam jar under to check flow. Only needs to be on a second or two to check.db5e4e9e36e588ea72287d4705906a77.jpg

Seems to be an echo round here.

#44 Johnboyhgt

Johnboyhgt

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Tracks, Mods

Posted 12 April 2020 - 01:54 PM

Adding to your description with a pic

#45 Ryanp220

Ryanp220

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 02:36 PM

That should run the fuel pump. Again jam jar under to check flow. Only needs to be on a second or two to check.

Seems to be an echo round here.

I did acknowledge what you said zoobeef, thank as well aha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#46 ElderVX220

ElderVX220

• 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 04:58 PM

Hi my first bit of info since becoming a member. I had same problem. After 4 hours, Called RAC, they did lots of things said I had wrong key, did I have another, I did so used that nothing. Then I remembered the fitter in the garage I had it from, said if the battery  is taken off be careful when you put it back on, sort of ready stead go. Took battery off reconnected and boom. Started first time. Worth a try. Good luck.  

#47 gertje

gertje

• PipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 05:02 PM

Thé battery in thé key is only for thé flash light.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

#48 ElderVX220

ElderVX220

• 6 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 05:25 PM

Sorry I’m referring to the main car battery. If it’s not put on correctly the key is not recognised, haven a clue why but the error code was key fault. 

#49 NormandDuh

NormandDuh

• 0 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 05:45 AM

Hi all, going to jump in on this own as I have a similar problem with my VX220 turbo.

Bought it this week as a non runner , last owner took it to a track and did 3 laps in the rain last year, hasn’t used it since but did run without any issues.

Since I’ve had it I’ve sourced a starter module as it wasn’t cranking, this was from a 2.2 but I don’t believe there to be any difference. It is now cranking over but I’m getting no fuel to the rail, cannot hear the pump priming.

I have checked all the fuses in the car , swapped relays about but no joy.

Did take the seats/speaker panel out to get to the metal access cover thinking I’d be able to test the pump from there but it’s inaccessible through such a small hole.

Any suggestions before I drop the tank to check the pump?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users