#1 UKspeedster

UKspeedster

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:52 PM

Wasn't this Pete's number plate?

>Autotrader clicky<

£15k :blink: Although seem to remember that he was having a lot of trouble with it and it went back to the technical centre... Caveat Emptor...

Edited by UKspeedster, 26 October 2004 - 04:53 PM.

#2 Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:57 PM

I am sure the car will fleece its new owner in the spirit of the original owner :9mm: :9mm:

#3 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:59 PM

15k though!!! :o edit: nice to see the liquidators doing their all for the creditors :(

Edited by jules_s, 26 October 2004 - 05:00 PM.

#4 Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Guest_Bletch (Guest)

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:04 PM

15k though!!! :o

edit: nice to see the liquidators doing their all for the creditors :(

From what I have heard about that car in the past I wouldn't give you £15 for it, I wasn't well looked after shall we say

#5 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts
  • Interests:My little red car of course!
    & the matt black vee twin thingy...

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:14 PM

I couldn't get the picture to download,but for those of you who didn't notice.The advert reads that the car is on VCAR (Vehicle Condition Alert Register). This would lower the price,they've obviously not checked it out enough because they are getting it mixed up with Pete's old 2.2 which was an insurance pay out (now Katie's car). As jules has already said about the liquators not looking after the creditors. Sorry I'll get my coat again after pointing that out... ... :P

#6 UKspeedster

UKspeedster

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:21 PM

I couldn't get the picture to download,but for those of you who didn't notice.The advert reads that the car is on VCAR (Vehicle Condition Alert Register). This would lower the price,they've obviously not checked it out enough because they are getting it mixed up with Pete's old 2.2 which was an insurance pay out (now Katie's car).

As jules has already said about the liquators not looking after the creditors.

Sorry I'll get my coat again after pointing that out...

... :P

You're a mine of knowledge Steve :D TBH, there were so many typos in the advert, that I just skipped over the V CAR bit and put it down to another mistake :beat:

I take it that's a register you have access to then? :poke: Sounds fun...

#7 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:29 PM

You're a mine of knowledge Steve :D TBH, there were so many typos in the advert, that I just skipped over the V CAR bit and put it down to another mistake :beat:

I take it that's a register you have access to then? :poke: Sounds fun...

Actually it's part of an HPi check, nothing special, just shows how easy it is to catch people out, you would run a mile if it said Cat C or whatever instead, but this way everybody reads on.

So much information & am I worth a fortune? ...

... :(

#8 BYD

BYD

• PipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 11:08 AM

When my car was in the tech centre in June this one was as well, they replaced the rear clam etc so whoever buys it has got a bargin. BYD

#9 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 11:19 AM

My guess is that this ad should read 'I have a car with outstanding finance for sale. I am hoping some mug will be fooled by the crazy price and I can vanish with his money leaving him to the finance repossession boys.'

#10 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 27 October 2004 - 11:21 AM

It's almost certain being sold by the receivers rather than Pete.

#11 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 11:23 AM

From what I have picked up car was on finance,so would not be an asset of the business passing to the receivers

#12 JimH

JimH

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,074 posts
  • Interests:yachting, diving, steam waggons, cars that don't break down, giving up on the output of any car builder from Norfolk.

Posted 27 October 2004 - 11:51 AM

in that case why does the advert look like it was written by someone who hasn't a clue about VXs and that is the J D Watson thing about?

#13 Jim_Cross

Jim_Cross

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 11:54 AM

I've e-mailed the advertiser to see what exactly they mean by "VCAR", and to see how many owners it has had, and any other info on it.

#14 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 27 October 2004 - 01:13 PM

From what I have picked up car was on finance,so would not be an asset of the business passing to the receivers

Doesn't that depend on how its financed? HP is owned by finance company but loan would not?

#15 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:05 PM

I've e-mailed the advertiser to see what exactly they mean by "VCAR", and to see how many owners it has had, and any other info on it.

I obviously didn't explain VCAR well enough, earlier in this thread. What do you need to know?

The other point that I'd tried to make, was that I think somebody has got the car mixed up with Pete's first VX which we know about (insurance company paid out).

A little bit of a Sherlock Holmes touch with HPi & this could be a cheap car from somebody who hasn't bothered checking out the HPi report.

#16 Camcar69

Camcar69

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 06:40 PM

B4DVX 1 previous registered keeper (2 in total) HPi report reads: Category C Insurance Loss. Vehicle Extensively Damaged But Repairable -Insurer Decided Not To Repair 26/08/04 Would I buy it? No, unless it was for a trackdays and I didn't want to win anything.

#17 Jim_Cross

Jim_Cross

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:48 PM

B4DVX 1 previous registered keeper (2 in total)
HPi report reads:
Category C Insurance Loss. Vehicle Extensively Damaged But Repairable -Insurer Decided Not To Repair 26/08/04
Would I buy it? No, unless it was for a trackdays and I didn't want to win anything.

But that was the ex-B4D VX, which was an NA!
The VXT has never, AFAIK, been in an accident

#18 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:49 PM

When did PVD go pop? Did Pete do something silly (for the insurance money perhaps?) again?

#19 Jim_Cross

Jim_Cross

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,539 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:54 PM

When did PVD go pop? Did Pete do something silly (for the insurance money perhaps?) again?

My guess is that it most likely is a genuine mix up, as the plate was obviously transferred from the old car to the new one

#20 2GOOD

2GOOD

Old Timer zzz...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,451 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:01 PM

That's what I'd assumed all along, it was the date above 26/8/2004 that got me worried. That's long after Katie bought the original car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users