• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 nakajima

nakajima

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 05:03 PM

TBH if a few car hunts annoy you this much and you are starting to think of something like aTT or typeR then maybe the VX isnt going to work for you mate. dont get me wrong i'd love to see you get a VX, especially as you are local too and would be cool to get you to another meet but in a VX this time. just a VX takes a calmness, it rattles, bumps, squeeks and rattles, things fall off. this is FAR from a TT but is also FAR FAR from a TT :D i get the feeling a VX would kill you in the stress dept. take it easy, relax. one will come up. get ya car on the Trader and sold first and get a good en from here, Hell you can have my 03 silver NA with Hardtop, 13k miles with Anthracite rims and miltek for 16k :P the darkside maybe calling B)

#22 shavedsporty

shavedsporty

• PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Interests:errrrmmm, going to the gym, driving, sport, dvd's, music. Going out with mates......

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:10 PM

annoyed isnt the word! stressed is the word! i am just thinknin perhaps a vx is not for me i dont know? perhaps i am wanting to much for 17,000? personally i think it is a lot of money! and maybe i am daft for expectin something good for that sort of money? if i am then yes it surely isnt for me? I cant afford things to go wrong and have to spend money and time on it! i would be using it as my first car!!! not as a second car to tootle around in on a sunday. Also, i have worked and saved hard for this and cant afford to dig any deaper into my pockets! Maybe i am foolin myself when perhaps i am expecting too much!!! On the other hand maybe i just wont except something not right or not right at the time, i don't know time will tell lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#23 nakajima

nakajima

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:45 PM

you are looking at NA's yes?? as 17k wont really get you a good VXT so i can only prosume your after an NA. come see mine, for 17k i'll even get my Mrs to bake you a cake!! :D

#24 shavedsporty

shavedsporty

• PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Interests:errrrmmm, going to the gym, driving, sport, dvd's, music. Going out with mates......

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:55 PM

cheers fella but im buyin from a dealership and ive got my car to px im afraid, cheers tho p.s. yes an n/a

#25 theturbs

theturbs

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:Cars and girls

Posted 12 February 2005 - 06:59 PM

the darkside maybe calling B)

.....oh yeah, nakajima? Nice one :D

Sporty - hang in there mate, good advice from nakajima - get your car sold privately first, then have dosh waiting for a well looked after car from someone on here.

Trust us it'll all be worth it mate B)

#26 shavedsporty

shavedsporty

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:11 PM

i will try cheers, u know wots its like tho wen u have the money and u want something, but unfortunately i will have to try to sell it first???? P.S Why are so many people off here offerin their cars if they are so great?????? just thought id ask? :rolleyes:

#27 Mick43

Mick43

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Bikes, Sport (tennis, squash, gym)

Posted 12 February 2005 - 07:48 PM

where abouts are you - if near East coast (Ipswich/Colchester way) you can have a go of mine... you need to try a 'members' car... I think people just like a change - my mate is selling his Exige that he thought he would never sell - but wants a change..... (911 on his list... plus he has a youngster so 2+2 useful)... for me the VX is perfect... just had to do a 500 mile round trip - had option of renting what I wanted - but I just fit perfect in the VX and nothing is as comfy for me... plus you can have some fun.... mind you - I could be tempted for a change if the new Exige dropped 10k ! drop me a line if you want to try a 'real' VX... Mick

#28 B5M_VX

B5M_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 12 February 2005 - 08:17 PM

Chin up mate, keep on looking. May be you need to look further a feild. You wont regret buying one. I promise. Give me a shout tomorrow need I mention Turbo :P Id still also consider oing what I said about popping your car in to a few places and looking at toes or even shinyandys as people have said. Id even take his seats of your hands if you didnt like them :P

#29 shavedsporty

shavedsporty

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:43 AM

yeah might try poppin in ford dealers todat might give them a ring first will let u know mark :D

#30 shavedsporty

shavedsporty

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 10:47 AM

cheers mick 43 fella but im no where near you, have driven one but the gears were fuk** so i dont know what to think lol Im in the north east where blue vx's are as common as a ford focus :groupjump: :groupjump: :groupjump:

#31 nakajima

nakajima

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:14 PM

i couldnt bring myself to buy one from a dealer TBH. the guy i got mine from was a member on here, he has a big garage, clean and a shelf full of polish. i could tell the car was well looked after, its an 03 so have warrenty left so is as good as any dealer can provide really. with a dealer you dont get to see who's had it before, how its been treated and so on. and you pay 1/2k more for the pleasure. in short you get stung on the old trade in and stung on the new price!! OUCH some NA members are selling as they may want to trade to VXT. if i got what my 03NA is worth i would seriously consider as VXT's can be had for 19/20k for a good en. but i'm in no rush as my NA gives me smiles fo miles :)

#32 shavedsporty

shavedsporty

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 04:23 PM

well i have drove a new honda civic type R today!!!!!!! It was really fast and lovely!!!!!!!!! oh dear, never expected it to be so nice only drove it so i could re-affirm my faith in the vx! It was fast as fu** Instead it has left me seriously considering one!!!! Dam!!!

#33 nakajima

nakajima

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 05:12 PM

:blink:

#34 LazyDonkey

LazyDonkey

Lotus imposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 05:13 PM

Noooooooooooooooooooo ! Don't dismiss the car without meeting a member on here and seeing what a cherished NA looks like. Maybe its not the car for you / maybe it is........but imagine you are sitting in your Type R and one blats past - would you be envious ?!?! :blink: Very very different car to your streetka and a Civic, but its the car thats made me start driving for the sake of it again. It changes every bad mood into a good one and I honestly can't think of another car that would get me so many smiles for my money. £17k will buy you a blinder - but don't buy from a dealer buy from a member to make sure you get the best you can. As with everyone else I'd say flog your car first (would a Ford dealer buy it off you?) then buy the right car. But go for a ride in a good one before dismissing them - you know you'll just kick yourself if you don't ! (BTW if you think a Type R "feels" fast you'll be blown away by someone really gunning a VX*) * I said FEELS fast - not sure if it is or isn't, and I do like the Civics, just dont want to change this post into a 0-60 debates olease ! :gayfight:

#35 nakajima

nakajima

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 05:15 PM

:blink: the R is a blunted hot hatch. not in the same legue as the VX. think you need to drive another VX mate, or better still be driven in one, on a dry B road thumbsup then tell me you still want an R

#36 B5M_VX

B5M_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 13 February 2005 - 06:08 PM

Got a text from Jack today asking me to take him out!! ;) Dont worry lads he will not be tempted out of a vx!!! I will see to that!! :P

#37 TurboTomato

TurboTomato

K-Series Detonator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,881 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 06:16 PM

Having owned both CTR and various VXs I can say that yeah, the Civic is bloody quick in a straight line, has a great engine and gearbox and is pretty handy round the corners for a hot hatch. And that dear sir is the difference, one is a souped up hatch and the other is a proper sports car - there is no comparison. You get something called steering feel with the VX and you get to come off roundabouts without power understeer. A well driven CTR would probably keep up with an average driver, but I can tell you without doubt who would be having the most fun... Edit: the word driven contains an 'n' I think :beat:

Edited by TurboTomato, 13 February 2005 - 06:16 PM.

#38 shavedsporty

shavedsporty

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 07:25 PM

yeah well like i told mark i need a drive in another vx before i finally make my mind up. Dont get me wrong i have always wanted a vx and would dearly love one. I never expected the type R to be so fast and rawcus the engine sounded cool and it was sporty inside. i know there is no comparison and i am not trying to fellas believe me. I know the difference between a sports car and a type R hot hatch and i am not tryin to compare, i would dare to insult anyone. I guess its just i need something that is reliable and fast and oh jesus i dont know..................... perhaps i shud just teach me gran to suck eggs might be easier??????????? poof - me wiv me beard!!!!! no hat tho!

#39 shavedsporty

shavedsporty

• PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 06:59 PM

i need a ride out in a n/a vx before i decide to buy the type r. Any1 in teesside this week fancy givin me a spin out wud be appreciated!!!

#40 nakajima

nakajima

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 07:08 PM

i'm supposed to be away with work as of tommmorow but i'll know more about that in the morning, if this doesnt go through i can give you a ride out. pray its dry thumbsup and i'll take you on some B raods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users