• Please log in to reply
366 replies to this topic

#221 cyberface

cyberface

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:16 AM

Think I'll be avoiding this site for a while then. When I first joined it was a pleasant place and helpful, a bit of fun banter, a good laugh. With some asshole grassing up some ill-advised 'look at me' post.... and getting scum like the Sun journalists involved, sorry but that ain't a place I want to hang out. And the sanctimony about 'speed kills' - well on an empty road that's bullshit. I drove 7 1/4 hours from Switzerland to Calais in my old supercharged 911 and the road was empty all the way. Yes it was well over the French speed limit but it was entirely safe, both for the car and the tyres I had specially fitted. I'm aware of stopping distances increasing at the square of the speed, but having some copper quoting stopping distances from the Highway Code is pretty much irrelevant if you've got a 900 kg car with trackday R888 tyres and hard pads. I remember the test Performance Car magazine did many years ago with the then 993 Turbo porker where they compared the quoted stopping distance from 70 with the real stopping distance measured on the car. The car stopped in less than half the time. Anyway I'm off for a while. Shame, was a fun site. Perhaps the Pistonheads VX forum will get a bit more traffic... :(

#222 NOBLE

NOBLE

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:16 AM

I agree. I would drive off. You cant account for people these days (well could you ever?). Saying that if you confronted the van driver and let him now you are a copper then he might have backed down.... As for the comment about a grass being as low as people that fiddle with kids.. then all I can say is why bother to register to this site to say something like that? Way to much time on your hands and with your comment, which are out of context, your not welcome. Whether some one grassed Ant up or not the lad was daft to publish his law breaking on the net. Everyone must agree with that. Im not trying to get the lad off when I say nothing may come of it for him but tbh he really has had a wake up call to his bragging and he should take this as a lesson learned. He probably has already. Subject needs dropping........ - Noble

#223 Karlosfandango

Karlosfandango

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:17 AM

I'm not saying jump out and make a citizens arrest but surely they have the support/backing/ability to follow it up and make the fuckwit realise they can't act like that.

#224 chuno

chuno

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Football (playing and watching)

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:49 AM

It makes me laugh how it obviously HAS to be a member that grassed him up. I mean, it's not as if this place can be seen from anywhere in the world is it. :rolleyes: The internet is a wonderful thing.

Edited by chuno, 07 June 2007 - 09:52 AM.

#225 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 09:58 AM

I agree. I would drive off. You cant account for people these days (well could you ever?). Saying that if you confronted the van driver and let him now you are a copper then he might have backed down....

As for the comment about a grass being as low as people that fiddle with kids.. then all I can say is why bother to register to this site to say something like that? Way to much time on your hands and with your comment, which are out of context, your not welcome. Whether some one grassed Ant up or not the lad was daft to publish his law breaking on the net. Everyone must agree with that.

Im not trying to get the lad off when I say nothing may come of it for him but tbh he really has had a wake up call to his bragging and he should take this as a lesson learned. He probably has already.

Subject needs dropping........

- Noble

i do agree
vxforever crazyfrog rallly rallly rallly

#226 CheesyPuff

CheesyPuff

• PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:Dogging

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:03 AM

Give the van details to the SUN Darren...

#227 n1k_ns

n1k_ns

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts
  • Interests:Date Of VX First Registration: 01/03/2002

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:08 AM

Subject needs dropping........

- Noble

I agree, this will certainly never blow over if it is constantly at the top of the discussion board!

Shouldnt it be locked or removed altogether by now ;)

Old News....

#228 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:12 AM

Think I'll be avoiding this site for a while then.

When I first joined it was a pleasant place and helpful, a bit of fun banter, a good laugh.

With some asshole grassing up some ill-advised 'look at me' post.... and getting scum like the Sun journalists involved, sorry but that ain't a place I want to hang out.

And the sanctimony about 'speed kills' - well on an empty road that's bullshit. I drove 7 1/4 hours from Switzerland to Calais in my old supercharged 911 and the road was empty all the way. Yes it was well over the French speed limit but it was entirely safe, both for the car and the tyres I had specially fitted.

I'm aware of stopping distances increasing at the square of the speed, but having some copper quoting stopping distances from the Highway Code is pretty much irrelevant if you've got a 900 kg car with trackday R888 tyres and hard pads. I remember the test Performance Car magazine did many years ago with the then 993 Turbo porker where they compared the quoted stopping distance from 70 with the real stopping distance measured on the car. The car stopped in less than half the time.

Anyway I'm off for a while. Shame, was a fun site. Perhaps the Pistonheads VX forum will get a bit more traffic... :(

Nothing is keeping you hear! Im sure there are places you can hang out.

#229 XXX

XXX

Invisible ex-VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:13 AM

Agreed. We have all had a chance to voice our (ridiculous) opinions about this sorry affair. BTW, this is my last post on this thread as I am getting drowsy...... :sleepy:

#230 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:13 AM

if it wasnt one of the BIB on here, it was probably one of the wannabes that do the work the BIB wont do on the motrways...

and your conclusion came from...................??????

#231 rabidh

rabidh

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:21 AM

WTF is going on? Suddenly there's this huge slagging war between members of the forum.

Cyberface has been seriously helpful to a whole load of members, and you're just going to dismiss him? good one.

#232 chrisobrien54

chrisobrien54

• PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:22 AM

Iv hit some pretty high speeds in my time (145 in my mates Supra, him driving BTW) and its never felt safe. Dont get me wrong, i drive fast by nature (almost everybody comments on the way I drive) I dont do it to show off (I hate showing off) but I do drive aggressivly and im not sensitive to other people driving in the same way HOWEVER I never do anything that puts lives in danger. Hitting 150 on a public road is fooking stupid. There's no way its safe and there's no situation its acceptable. Whats even the point? Driving a straight line is boring anyway...??? That said. Whoever shopped him to the sun needs to have a serious word with themselves. And all the fella knocking the way he looks - fooks sake. What is this? Fooking rag week? I thought this was a car forum where fellas talk about cars? Not a fooking hair salon. Edit... btw Hi fellas Im new here! just read my post back and thought after I offend everyone I should introduce myself XD

Edited by chrisobrien54, 07 June 2007 - 10:25 AM.

#233 cyberface

cyberface

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:25 AM

Think I'll be avoiding this site for a while then.

When I first joined it was a pleasant place and helpful, a bit of fun banter, a good laugh.

With some asshole grassing up some ill-advised 'look at me' post.... and getting scum like the Sun journalists involved, sorry but that ain't a place I want to hang out.

And the sanctimony about 'speed kills' - well on an empty road that's bullshit. I drove 7 1/4 hours from Switzerland to Calais in my old supercharged 911 and the road was empty all the way. Yes it was well over the French speed limit but it was entirely safe, both for the car and the tyres I had specially fitted.

I'm aware of stopping distances increasing at the square of the speed, but having some copper quoting stopping distances from the Highway Code is pretty much irrelevant if you've got a 900 kg car with trackday R888 tyres and hard pads. I remember the test Performance Car magazine did many years ago with the then 993 Turbo porker where they compared the quoted stopping distance from 70 with the real stopping distance measured on the car. The car stopped in less than half the time.

Anyway I'm off for a while. Shame, was a fun site. Perhaps the Pistonheads VX forum will get a bit more traffic... :(

To your credit Dave, that was a diplomatic way of saying 'p*ss off you're not welcome'.

I've already had the hugely unwelcome experience at type116.com, whereas this place seemed more tolerant. It'd be a shame for this place to become as cliquey as the other.

I'd categorise myself as one of the more mature enthusiasts, I'm hardly a Novadose type boy racer. Hopefully this will blow over and the tolerance will return. If not, then the whole community loses.

#234 danVXT

danVXT

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Interests:Cars / Gadgets / Gym

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:28 AM

And all the fella knocking the way he looks - fooks sake. What is this? Fooking rag week? I thought this was a car forum where fellas talk about cars? Not a fooking hair salon.

can i have a 'short back and sides please?!' ;)

#235 NOBLE

NOBLE

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:30 AM

The 2 threads need removing they are getting old and getting worse. Admin sort it out please.

Edited by NOBLE, 07 June 2007 - 10:30 AM.

#236 CorradoVR6

CorradoVR6

• 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

Whats even the point? Driving a straight line is boring anyway...???

Driving at 150 in a big Beemer or Merc on a regular basis might become boring, but doing it in a VX220 would be anything but boring I'd have thought! ;)

#237 loopylou

loopylou

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:04 AM

This is all getting a bit silly now, we'll always disagree on the rights and wrongs of speeding and grassing him up - if that was the case. All this is attracting the wrong kind of attention for the vx which has nearly always managed to fly under the radar in terms of poseur cars because of the vauxhall badge. Joe public will now think we're all irresponsible drivers and we'll attract more boy racers who think they can buy a cheap supercar and rag it. As for speeding, 20/30/40mph roads these days are so strewn with potholes and speed bumps that a VX driver risks losing their teeth and buggering their suspension if they attempt to drive at or above the speed limit, however more comfortable cars are very easy to accidentally speed in as you cannot feel what speed you're doing - therefore at low speeds a VX is more safe! As for 150mph :o

#238 Trevski220

Trevski220

• PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:10 AM

This is all getting a bit silly now, we'll always disagree on the rights and wrongs of speeding and grassing him up - if that was the case.

All this is attracting the wrong kind of attention for the vx which has nearly always managed to fly under the radar in terms of poseur cars because of the vauxhall badge. Joe public will now think we're all irresponsible drivers and we'll attract more boy racers who think they can buy a cheap supercar and rag it.

As for speeding, 20/30/40mph roads these days are so strewn with potholes and speed bumps that a VX driver risks losing their teeth and buggering their suspension if they attempt to drive at or above the speed limit, however more comfortable cars are very easy to accidentally speed in as you cannot feel what speed you're doing - therefore at low speeds a VX is more safe!

As for 150mph :o

Some Good points, Me Thinks! thumbsup

#239 chrisobrien54

chrisobrien54

• PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:19 AM

And all the fella knocking the way he looks - fooks sake. What is this? Fooking rag week? I thought this was a car forum where fellas talk about cars? Not a fooking hair salon.

can i have a 'short back and sides please?!' ;)

You'll have a number 1 all over young man. This is a MANS site after all!!! ; )

#240 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Music Engines Birds Whiskey and Cosmology

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:20 AM

Time is Not a Constant. Gravitational waves distort both space and time. Antgtv may have been driving through a worm hole when caught. Also it's time dilations and length contractions in gravitational waves that make this space possible, but who the fook let the Sun in!?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users