• Please log in to reply
366 replies to this topic

#241 Dave

Dave

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:21 AM

Think I'll be avoiding this site for a while then.

When I first joined it was a pleasant place and helpful, a bit of fun banter, a good laugh.

With some asshole grassing up some ill-advised 'look at me' post.... and getting scum like the Sun journalists involved, sorry but that ain't a place I want to hang out.

And the sanctimony about 'speed kills' - well on an empty road that's bullshit. I drove 7 1/4 hours from Switzerland to Calais in my old supercharged 911 and the road was empty all the way. Yes it was well over the French speed limit but it was entirely safe, both for the car and the tyres I had specially fitted.

I'm aware of stopping distances increasing at the square of the speed, but having some copper quoting stopping distances from the Highway Code is pretty much irrelevant if you've got a 900 kg car with trackday R888 tyres and hard pads. I remember the test Performance Car magazine did many years ago with the then 993 Turbo porker where they compared the quoted stopping distance from 70 with the real stopping distance measured on the car. The car stopped in less than half the time.

Anyway I'm off for a while. Shame, was a fun site. Perhaps the Pistonheads VX forum will get a bit more traffic... :(

Nothing is keeping you hear! Im sure there are places you can hang out.

To your credit Dave, that was a diplomatic way of saying 'p*ss off you're not welcome'.

I've already had the hugely unwelcome experience at type116.com, whereas this place seemed more tolerant. It'd be a shame for this place to become as cliquey as the other.

I'd categorise myself as one of the more mature enthusiasts, I'm hardly a Novadose type boy racer. Hopefully this will blow over and the tolerance will return. If not, then the whole community loses.

I'm trying not to have go but I noted your comments on here and Pistonheads about the jobs some members do. I enjoy my job and it is worthwhile....its that I see the results of RTA's. No need to explain that.

I withdraw my comment about going else where equally I hope you do about peoples jobs that they do.

I note you contribute to the forum and would not want you to go for the sake of a few misplaced/misguided words.

Dave

#242 Horace

Horace

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:34 AM

Sod this!! Anyone fancy a pint?? :)

#243 chuno

chuno

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Football (playing and watching)

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:36 AM

thumbsup :drink:

#244 n1k_ns

n1k_ns

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts
  • Interests:Date Of VX First Registration: 01/03/2002

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:43 AM

I cant believe this has gone on for 13 pages! its a joke..... :drink:

#245 mal_dun

mal_dun

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Interests:VX220, narrowboating, golf

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:45 AM

It's quite amazing to watch how the Chinese whisper that someone of here may have reported him has grown to abosult certainty. You only have to look on any day of the week to see that there are quite a few guests looking at the forum. These may be members who just haven't logged in but I bet quite a few have discovered the site. We should all remember that the tragic deaths of Gareth and Laura put the site into the public arena, especially when the donations were named in one of the rags. This could easily have made some poor perverted soul who wants to become a Sun reporter monitor what happens. Scoops are generally by chance not design. I don't condone what Antgtv did but I'm not going to cast the first stone (I'm old enbough to have invented the phrase :P ) So come on everyone let's get back to the friendly fun and frolicks the forum is used to

#246 i need nos

i need nos

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:47 AM

this site has started to get a bit chavy in some respects, even in the last 6 months of ownership i found myself visiting less and less, quite glad i sold up now, i do honestly think that in the last year since we have seen n/as going for well under 10k and loads of tubbys selling under and around 14k the makret has opened to a new level, i know some may disagree but the fact they sell for silly cheap now means there the car of choice in that price category, kinda like the next step up from ctrs and clio sports.. im not in the least shocked to have seen the sun follow it up and im glad they did, i wish i had the idea of selling the story.. good on that man.

#247 jasvxt

jasvxt

Scary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 11:50 AM

:lol: But a least they will get rarer as a result ;)

#248 wrightster

wrightster

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:01 PM

this site has started to get a bit chavy in some respects, even in the last 6 months of ownership i found myself visiting less and less, quite glad i sold up now, i do honestly think that in the last year since we have seen n/as going for well under 10k and loads of tubbys selling under and around 14k the makret has opened to a new level, i know some may disagree but the fact they sell for silly cheap now means there the car of choice in that price category, kinda like the next step up from ctrs and clio sports.. im not in the least shocked to have seen the sun follow it up and im glad they did, i wish i had the idea of selling the story.. good on that man.

glad you sold a car cos the forum has gone "chavy" - ok each to their own i suppose

as for the rest of it do you think all porsche, ferrari drivers are nice people jyust because they havent driven a clio or ctr and they have money?

wish i had the idea of selling the story.. good on that man.

me for one i am just glad you dont visit the site much any more then.

actually on reflection this whole post should just be deleted IMO.

Edited by wrightster, 07 June 2007 - 12:00 PM.

#249 andyroo

andyroo

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:07 PM

Hey guys! Did I miss anything? :)

#250 Horace

Horace

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:09 PM

:drink: :drink: :drink: Just me and Chuno then?? :drink: :drink: :drink:

#251 i need nos

i need nos

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:11 PM

only the everday joy of cars being stolen and chavs posting the fact they can do more than the speedlimit, nothing new, oh and the odd nerd that cant take a comment as a joke or anything without getting his back up lol :gayfight:

#252 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Music Engines Birds Whiskey and Cosmology

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:17 PM

only the everday joy of cars being stolen and chavs posting the fact they can do more than the speedlimit, nothing new, oh and the odd nerd that cant take a comment as a joke or anything without getting his back up lol :gayfight:

Sold up! That mean I get that 100 quid you own me ;)

#253 wrightster

wrightster

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

chinky chinky

#254 johnaachen

johnaachen

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts
  • Interests:Karting, F1, golf, tennis, binge drinking, giving up smoking

I agree apart from the last comment about the Sun story....I have been coming here less and less because of the type of people who are now on here....not to name names but that jules_s, Cocopops, JamesGray etc...who the hell do they think that they are?! :lol:

#255 Code Monkey

Code Monkey

forum whore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:22 PM

Think we should start some new threads push this one off the top of the pile, anyone know how to remove the front Vee? My bonnet is catching on the windscreen wiper when i lift it how can i stop this? Has anyone ever managed to fit some sub woofers in the boot Whats best Turbo or NA? Is one colour faster than the other? Are R888's safe for the winter how do i adjust my windows? How the Fcuk do i use the search function :groupjump: :groupjump: any other ideas need enough to fill the first page :D

#256 i need nos

i need nos

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:23 PM

always manage to get a good reception on this forum, no wonder corsa kid loved u lot lol

#257 wrightster

wrightster

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:32 PM

a classic contradiction, what do you drive now i need nos ?

#258 Ash

Ash

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and Holidaying in exotic places with my wife.<br /><br />Racing, defence related stuff, karting, seeing unusual wild-life while on holiday, sci-fi, Ufology.

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:34 PM

And the trainee copper who bottled doing anything about the van driver, well done. I suppose dangerous driving, threatening behaviour and intimidating other road users is cool :blink: Chavvy, scumbag pond life 1, law abiders 0 thumbsdown

Our trainee copper on here is a young girl :wub: , and I for one think she did exactly the right thing. thumbsup Imnotworthy Even if she used the VRM to get the guy nicked later on when she was safely at home, our little cars stand out far too much and he would have soon seen her and had anothe go at her, possibly running her off the road. :(
Can everyone please read the whole post/thread and absorb the info before spouting off ffs.

#259 CheesyPuff

CheesyPuff

• PipPip
  • 415 posts
  • Interests:Dogging

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

I cant say that a top speed run is particularly chavvy, but J turns well thats a whole new kettle of fish... Darren... :P

#260 i need nos

i need nos

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 07 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

im driving a daewoo matiz m8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users