#21 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:32 PM

Trust me mate, the 'VX220 area' will be the one which is easiest to get into :P * *there is an exit charge though :D

#22 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:31 PM

Won't make this one John. But I'll make my way down to donny in september. all the best for this weekend. rallly chinky chinky

#23 Matt

Matt

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:34 PM

Cool, just don't fancy standing around on my own all day!!! :( Well the missus will be there, but its not the same!! "Look luv, i know they're going really fast and you can't see them properly. But if i asked them to slow down when they went passed, it wouldn't really be a race now, would it" (I hope she doesn't read this!!)

#24 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:43 PM

Thorney, if i buy tickets on the door, will that let me in to the area with all the other VX owners?

Late SELOC ticket availability information. Prebook , pay and collect tickets at the gate, here http://forums.seloc.....php?tid=127299

YOU MUST BRING THE CORRECT CASH AND ENTER VIA THE "QUARRY ENTRANCE"......

there are BIG issues with traffic so the above MUST be adheared to - if you do you will be turned away from the quarry entrance - hence causing MAJOR problems

cost for the entrance ticket is the same as via Castle Combe, but you will be directed to the SELOC Camp and parking

also, if i can organize this i will need a U2U stating:

1. number of tickets needed
2. name and address of party "leader"
3. car reg number

i need numbers AND u2u's BEFORE FRIDAY 10am 13th JULY 2007

#25 Matt

Matt

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:04 PM

Thanks, will u2u him tonight, once i've found my login details. Imnotworthy

#26 Dynamo

Dynamo

• PipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:karting, kungfu, racing.

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:59 PM

I'm going to Castle Coombe this w/e....will be the first Elise Trophy race I've been able to make it along to. I've booked through SELOC, so might see some of you in their area chinky chinky Adrian.

#27 Joe-Turbo

Joe-Turbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:22 AM

to far for me mate, best of luck guys thumbsup

#28 ad172

ad172

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Driving

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:18 PM

Well the Met office have now changed their minds and it looks like rain for Sunday!!! :(

#29 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:20 PM

Oops! Missed the cutoff time by an hour. I'll have to buy a ticket on the door and try blagging my way in. I'm arriving Saturday evening so hopefully the day-trippers will have left by then and it will be a bit less fraught. Hope there's enough room in the campsite :unsure: Weather forecast has changed a dozen times lately but it seems like Saturday is going to be the best day. At least the :drink: in the evening will be dry! Have to get up early on Sunday and pack the tent before it rains. EDIT: Beat me to it ad

Edited by benw, 13 July 2007 - 12:21 PM.

#30 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 12:26 AM

Could someone pm me their number so I can find you when I arrive? Mine is 07881 641694. Should be there by about 7pm.

#31 RMC

RMC

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 04:22 AM

I pick up my new VX this morning (saturday) and it is my intention to fly down to Castle Combe on Sunday. I hope to see the VX kick some Elise ass.

Edited by RMC, 14 July 2007 - 04:23 AM.

#32 SteveM

SteveM

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:21 PM

how did it go?

#33 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:47 PM

how did it go?

Don't ask.

A couple of long faces around.....neither VX saw race 2

And from a viewing prespective generally, the SC was out a few times too many :(

#34 Matt

Matt

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 08:53 PM

I'm sure someone will give you the full run down, but in brief Awesome day, unfortunately again Thorney has been subject to bad luck. I don't know the specifics so i'll let the people involved tell you. Qualifying Thorney's turbo has an issue and had to stop early (misfiring from the sound?, poss heat??) Then in the 1st race the turbo looked like it was doing so well on the track and seemed to be doing the VX community proud but i was told it wouldn't compete in the second race due to gear cable melt!!! So i didn't hang around to see it. (Thorney can clarify) And also in the same race the N/A left the track hitting the tyre wall, by the looks of it, it could just be superficial bodywork (fingers crossed), but it meant retiring. I've got a few pics i'll try to get up once i've stolen the camera back of the missus. There was one bad accident i saw, car totalled the armaco, narrowly missing a marshal, camera man, and me and the missus, but a flying piece of car, managed to smash a hole in a camper van thing parked near the course. Two car involved, one driver seemed fine the other i believe was taken away in an ambulance, so i'm sure we will all wish they are ok, and back out on the track soon. I hope someone will do a much better run down of what happened, as i've had a few drinks and really need to go to bed... so...sorry for the crap snippet of news but i'm no good at this!!!!! :beat: :beat: :beat: Oh and Thorney, we would have come said a quick hello but both times we were near your truck you all looked very busy (well sort of :P ) so we thought we'd leave you to it.

Edited by Matt, 15 July 2007 - 08:56 PM.

#35 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:26 PM

Well we were all at the quarry run off for the first race.....and I dont think anybody came up with a definite reason for the 2.2 going off, apart from 'he went straight on' Certainly a lizzie span, but I couldn't make out whether that was the cause or the effect of the vx hitting the tyre wall. I dont doubt there will be a video on seloc before long thumbsup The flatbed pulling the 2.2 out of the tyre wall made us all cringe :( I spoke to John briefly (I would say he was a tad pissed off) he seemed happy to have solved the crank sensor issue but understandably upset about the gear cables melting. I had a quick nosey at the 2.2 damage....front clam and crashbox, windscreen, pax door hinge looked bent to buggery (although the door still opened) fixable at some £££...I'm no expert mind you, but didn't look as bad as I would have though after hearing the 'thud' thumbsup

#36 ad172

ad172

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Driving

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:32 PM

Well it was a superb weekend and great to meet up with some of the old faces. Apologies if I was a little quiet but I was suffering with a major hangover due to far too many beers at the SELOC camping. Great to meet up with Benw and Thorney and have me rambling on at midnight :drink: :drink: :drink: sorry about that. Also a great couple of days racing with Quarry corner causing it's fair share incidents!!!! I'll let someone else do a full race report as I'm too tired :sleepy:

#37 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:45 PM

Apologies if I was a little quiet but I was suffering with a major hangover due to far too many beers at the SELOC camping.

:lol:

I said to Debs on the way up 'I bet Adam looks like death today'

:P

#38 Richy

Richy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:52 PM

Oh sounds like there was a few spills then :( Lets hope all involved are ok. I went to Oulton BSB instead - got soaked :( but it was a free day so it made up for it :) Sorry i didn't phone Ad.. it was a last minute thing.

#39 ChazUwe

ChazUwe

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Computers, Drinking and travelling about.

Posted 15 July 2007 - 09:58 PM

As always a pleasure to see all the old usual crew! I was very surprised how many VX's there were partked up in the seloc area. Must have been 15-20 there. We got there later in the day so didn't manage to meet alot of the other new VX owners that were there (had no idea who they were!). We were pretty lucky with the weather thankfully and it only really started to rain properly for the last 2 races. To be honest it made some interesting spectating with a few cars going side ways and some big ish crashes! Once again I can't believe TMS's bad luck, as far as I could gather Richard just got caught up in a group of cars on the outside and had no where to go but the grass :( Never gonna be the best line for grip! Real shame and I feel gutted for the poor guy. I hope he gets another chance to drive next time as he really should just put it down to experience and get back behind the wheel on track asap! The other races were great to watch too, especially at quarry corner! Very impressed with Mark Funnel's performance. He is a seriously good driver. He was even showing up radicals in the race prior to the 2nd LOT race! Brilliant stuff :D Definately up for a SW meet and maybe a night on the tiles some point soon :) chinky chinky chinky chinky

#40 benw

benw

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 10:00 PM

John - here's what your car looked like before the marshalls got at it!

Posted Image

Apparently they went 3 or 4 abreast in to Quarry and Richard got squeezed off on to the grass which was impossibly slippery. As Jules said the damage doesn't look that bad. At first I thought the way the NSF wheel took the direct impact it would have buggered the chassis but in actual fact, as you can see from the pic, the whole car slid in underneath the tyre wall so mostly just cosmetic damage done.

Nice to see y'all again :) thumbsup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users