Vx220 Turbo Or Vxr220

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 kev_vaux

kev_vaux

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:39 PM

Hello, Im serving in Afghanistan at the minute but have just sold my house and will how some money saved from being out here when i return in January so thought id put the feelers out now Im after a vx220 turbo or VXR220 Must be MINT non crash damaged etc(engine mods welcomed as long as recipted and carried out correctly) I know its not Jan yet but if anyones planning on selling around that time pop us a message with some pics, NO yellow cars, Ideally grey, blue (obviously red if vxr) black colours please but show me what you have got, Price wise i dont have a limit and will pay for the right car but nothing silly either! No high milers or nails please, Thanks very much kev

#2 k1per1

k1per1

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:55 PM

Hi Kev,

I'm going to be selling my vx220 turbo. Its moonstone grey and its a 06 55 plate (still has 15 months warranty). Its done 13,500 miles and its in excellent condition. I'm having to sell as have a new job and get a company car as I'm driving quite a lot of miles (not ideal in the VX). I want to sell asap as will have two cars at the same time and don't want the cost of insurance etc. I've not taken any picture yets but plan to in the week so am happy to send. I'm not sure exactly how much its worth as the prices seem to vary on every site I look at so would be willing to hear offers. I appreciate its difficult for you to make any decisions whilst away so may end up having to sell it before hand but as it seems to meet your spec, I thought I'd just drop you a note.

Let me know what you think

Cheers

Chris

Hello,

Im serving in Afghanistan at the minute but have just sold my house and will how some money saved from being out here when i return in January so thought id put the feelers out now

Im after a vx220 turbo or VXR220

Must be MINT non crash damaged etc(engine mods welcomed as long as recipted and carried out correctly)

I know its not Jan yet but if anyones planning on selling around that time pop us a message with some pics,

NO yellow cars,

Ideally grey, blue (obviously red if vxr) black colours please but show me what you have got,

Price wise i dont have a limit and will pay for the right car but nothing silly either!

No high milers or nails please,

Thanks very much

kev

#3 kev_vaux

kev_vaux

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 03:53 AM

thanks for that mate, sned us sum pics over to kev_bradford@hotmail.com or post someup hear. I appreciate you may need it gone quick but thaks for letting us know, Pm me with around about what you are after for it. Grey is one of my favourites. Thanks mate and good luck if you have to shift it earlier!

#4 arranmorgan

arranmorgan

• 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:11 PM

hi, Give us a shout when you're after one, got a red 53 plate (dec 2003) vx220 turbo recent service, new tyres, brakes, sensible professional upgrades, looked after and loved etc etc, 24000miles. owned by a fussy bosch vehicle technician :D will be stored mainly over winter, and have 11months MOT on her come january, after sensible vehicle at some point, so will sell unless i win the lotto :P Arran aryzzz@hotmail.com

#5 Stampy 21

Stampy 21

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 09:41 PM

NO yellow cars,

:o :blink: :P

#6 kev_vaux

kev_vaux

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 01:38 PM

no offence on the yellow to anyone but dont think it will suit me!lol Also red is the second to bottom colour on my list (except vxr220 obviously) Thanks for the offer though sounds a good car and will contact you if i have no luck with another colour! How much u after anyway? and what mods u may tempt me

#7 arranmorgan

arranmorgan

• 7 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:19 PM

offers based on £14000 invited. a few details: 53reg 4 new bridgestone potenza tyres have done approx 1000 miles along with oil and filter change, spark plugs and coil pack change, gearbox oil change, air filter change Thorney air box mod header tank has been replaced and is now protected by a carbonfibre cover. gearstick shaft now has carbon fibre shroud Exhaust pre-cat has been replaced with Milltek (de-cat) pipe Engine is chipped to approximatey 247bhp Clutch has been replaced with new uprated version to hold the emense torque produced around 4000 rpm Flywheel has been replaced with lightened alloy billet version providing much better throttle response all above documented with receipts has red soft top with storage bag and original vauxhall red hardtop Black and red leather interior Will MOT before sale (currently due december 9th) 10months tax at current any more questions, get in touch arran

#8 kev_vaux

kev_vaux

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:38 AM

sounds a good car just waht im after bar the colour but will definatly bear this in mind, I am definatly going to buy one in January! So you may well be getting an email! anyone else?

#9 p4cks

p4cks

Newbie abuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 03:25 PM

Kev, not all VXR's are red. thumbsup

#10 Joe-Turbo

Joe-Turbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 01:18 AM

:yeahthat: but you will be lucky to find one as there were only a handfull made in other colours (1 black, 1 blue, 1 moonland, 1 yellow)

Edited by Joe-Turbo, 23 November 2007 - 01:19 AM.

#11 kev_vaux

kev_vaux

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:56 PM

yes i realise this mate thanks though, as mentioned above i didnt bother asking for example a blue vxr as it aint gonna happen is it as much as id like it to!lol

#12 kev_vaux

kev_vaux

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 10:59 PM

back up the moonland and the black ones for sale are just what im after even more so the moonland just wish i was back now to buy it, 7 weeks and il be ready to make a pruchase! what you got!

#13 jimgraham

jimgraham

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:58 PM

Kev, I am planning to sell mine now i have a second car so that i can buy a Caterham. It is silver, 56 plate, 6000 miles, FVSH, turbo engine with no mods. I have changed the sterio so that it is fitted for IPOD but it can be changed back. I also have fitted a momo race air gearknob, but again have the origninal. The car also has an OEM hard top in silver that was from my previous NA. Let me know if you are interested. chinky chinky Jim

#14 kev_vaux

kev_vaux

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:54 AM

Kev,

I am planning to sell mine now i have a second car so that i can buy a Caterham.

It is silver, 56 plate, 6000 miles, FVSH, turbo engine with no mods.

You got a rough price mate pm me if you dont want to post it up.

#15 jimgraham

jimgraham

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:36 AM

You got a rough price mate pm me if you dont want to post it up.

PM sent Kev. Bit of a long one but it gives you all the details.

Jim

Edited by jimgraham, 07 December 2007 - 11:37 AM.

#16 V-Max

V-Max

• 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:26 PM

Hi Kev, Welcome back to the UK in Jan... I bought a blue VXR this summer. Engine has been worked on by a comapny called V-Max in Germany producing amazing performance...almost too much with 0-100km in 3.5 secs. The car was owned firstly by the owner of V-Max (they have a website) who had just about everything done to the car...lowered, racing clutch, hand made exhaust, ventilated disc brakes, lovely alloys, digital turbo controller etc etc...with a whopping €20k spent (I have the receipts). The Second owner was the Gold Medalist Speedskater Gerard Van Velde. He has several cars in his collection and needed space for the new Corvette. The car is an absolute dream, hence my purchase, and I always wanted to own such a car. But I have 2 kids and I 'got the t-shirt' now so to speak. The car deserves an owner who can appreciate it and I have 3 cars myself (including the VXR) and my partner is not convinced that the additional cost is justified either. So, you have the story. It's a left hand drive and I have the car at home in The Hague so that might put you off completely. Import costs I am not sure of but if you have the money this is definitely THE VX to own. It's a 2004 and I paid €29k (about GBP20,000) with 39,000km on the clock. 45,000km on the clock now and second hanbd prices are holding well in Holland but I will consider a bit less but not much or I would rather wait out another buyer...(not yet advertised for Sale). Ball is in your court... Black and white pic attached. Regards, David

Attached Files

#17 kev_vaux

kev_vaux

• PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:04 PM

hi, thanks for the offer but a left hand drive is a no go im sorry RHD only many thanks for your offer though!

#18 rasputin

rasputin

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
  • Interests:drinking beer

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:08 PM

sorry david but they dont make left hand drive vxr,s :9mm: do yer homework :rolleyes:

#19 ChazUwe

ChazUwe

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Computers, Drinking and travelling about.

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:16 PM

Or blue ones, except one that is owned by a member on here :closedeyes:

#20 james141

james141

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 09:52 PM

LMAO POWNED! chinky chinky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users