• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#81 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:02 PM

Re the clutch switch, the TIS diagrams show the switch as a transistor not a push to make/break switch just been under the car.. it has the 12v going to it by the green and yellow, but then it has a black wire that is a ground and then a black&grey whire which goes to the ECU. im assuming the 12v is there to power this electronic switch, the plunger then makes/breaks the black and black&grey wires and hence makes/breaks the signal at the ECU. so all being well the RLTC should just connect to the black&grey wire :groupjump:

#82 Buchos

Buchos

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:52 PM

ok cool. will stick to the original plan the same as yours then otherwise it means extending the serial connectors etc.
any advice re the cable to extend the injectors?
just looking at the clutch switch wiring diagrams and it has +12v going to it... the racelogic unit requires a switch that goes to gnd... :(

You will not go wrong with heavier cable, I measured out 5 pairs of cable longer than needed. Put each pair in a cordless drill, clamp the other end and put a loose twist in each pair. Mark them, 'inj 1 to 4' and 'spare'. Stretch all pairs out from a vice and tape (not cable tie, they're hard to feed through the grommets) every 300mm or so and you have a neat loom.

I followed the gear change cables through the centre console and up under the dash, and thats all the front to back wiring done chinky chinky !

If you want a loom made up, PM me your address and I'll get one made and sent to you.

Attached File  RLTC_ON_VX.jpg   51.74KB   6 downloads

Above is my rationalisation for how I wired the RL. On mine the concentration of connectors is at the front, all in one place, dramatically shortening all the cables and connections. The normal way I guess is to put the ECU in the boot and run the ABS, Digi Adj etc up the centre instead. Either way works fine. If I did not have the digi adjuster it would have been done the other way.

#83 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 11:47 PM

cool drawing my soldering iron ran out of gas tonight so hopefully finish it off tomorrow another quicky.. did you put the end of braided screen down to the chassis ground? (in instrumentation/signalling we put one end of the sheilding to earth..)

#84 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 12:22 PM

unfortunately the clutch switch gives out a switched positive feed, the 12v dissapears when the clutch is depressed. so a relay is needed in there :rolleyes:

#85 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 03:33 PM

getting there, took it for a drive and the abs sensors and RPM are working (green LED flashing correctly) however the injector cables will run under the fuel tank.. and as im going to buy the pro alloy tank, think i may be best off leaving that bit till after the tanks fitted.? or maybe thats just me trying to excuse not carrying on!

Edited by Guy182, 16 February 2008 - 03:40 PM.

#86 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 10:38 PM

anyone with 16/17 combo able to send me their settings file to upload please? preferably tomorrow.. mail 'AT' guysleeman.co.uk got my 4 twisted pairs made up, just need to plumb them in tomorrow and do the injector wires and then time to go play. wanna try and keep the wires away from my exhaust so may have to come out the gear cable point, and then go round the pass side of engine bay.

#87 Buchos

Buchos

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:39 PM

I usually ground one end of a screened cable braid, though I honestly cannot remember what I did on the VX. It might be useful to start another thread to exchange settings, It would be very useful to see what the more experienced RLTC users have worked out. We can swap maps as a file, but the different versions of software can cause the wheel sizes to swap around.

#88 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:45 PM

ive got the clutch wire soldered in so im going to get a relay tomorrow from maplins and that will be sorted too. thumbsup there are;n't too many people running RLTC though so not sure we will get much settings!

Edited by Guy182, 16 February 2008 - 11:47 PM.

#89 Lou1s Cyphre

Lou1s Cyphre

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:55 PM

there are;n't too many people running RLTC though so not sure we will get much settings!

Centre Gravity will be installing my RLTC next week, once installed I will post the settings.

At present I have TD's 16 / 17" with TR1's.

#90 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:13 PM

thanks lou1s how long are centre gravity taking to fit it?? its not a couple of hour job IMO.. todays progress on mine.. absolutely fcuk all. ha. bought a relay though ready to do the clutch switch tomorrow, and then just the injector wires to do

Edited by Guy182, 17 February 2008 - 06:14 PM.

#91 Buchos

Buchos

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:25 PM

thanks lou1s
how long are centre gravity taking to fit it??
its not a couple of hour job IMO..

The actual connections to the electrics are the easy bit and probably take about an hour.

Its getting the cables from one end of the VX to the other and fitting the adjuster that took all my time.

In a 200SX or a Beemer I would have enough room under trim and carpets to plumb in a central heating system, but getting just eight wires up the centre of the VX is keyhole surgery and I nearly needed skin grafts afterwards. :D

#92 Lou1s Cyphre

Lou1s Cyphre

• PipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 07:32 PM

They estimate about 4-6 hours, but they are going to fully document the install, therefore it may take a bit longer.

#93 Buchos

Buchos

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:43 PM

They estimate about 4-6 hours, but they are going to fully document the install, therefore it may take a bit longer.

Hi Lou1e, I'd be really interested in seeing details of a pro install, particularly the map. VXR36 kindly sent me his map and I've pretty much been able to leave it at 10% for all conditions. He had reduced the percentage of slip and a few other things and as I'm running 16/17s I found it felt really good and I'm still using it. The only issue is if wet mode is selected the TC kicks in constantly.

#94 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 09:58 PM

yeah adnrew has sent me his settings file too he explained that due to him having the LSD he has altered that turning circle thing. when not having LSD you get a bit of inside wheel spin on the wet setting so its always kicking in.. just needs that turning circl thing adjusting slightly to stop it kicking in as much on wet seting..

#95 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:19 PM

well, todays progress in pics.

all ive got to do now is put the pins in the connectors and cut into the injectors thumbsup

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#96 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 09:19 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#97 Buchos

Buchos

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:04 AM

Image IMG_0734.JPG

Had to think about picture IMG_0734.JPG, that was handy being able to flip the car over like that :)

Secure neat cabling thumbsup

Where is the diagnostic plug going, inside or under the bonnet?

#98 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:05 AM

Image IMG_0734.JPG

Had to think about picture IMG_0734.JPG, that was handy being able to flip the car over like that :)

Secure neat cabling thumbsup

Where is the diagnostic plug going, inside or under the bonnet?

passenger footwell, near my OBD2 diagnostic one thumbsup

#99 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:22 AM

these white connectors are a load of bollocks.. :rolleyes: pins just keep coming out etc not going to bother with them

#100 Guy182

Guy182

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:21 PM

all seems to be working clutch switch is a little too sensitive though IMO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users