• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 catmando

catmando

• Pip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:CUSTOM MOTORCYCLES AND VXT's With some Mountainbiking thrown in

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:04 AM

How come everytime someone fancies "upgrading" a N/A to a Turbo the N/A people start hurling abuse at Turbos ****Lardy arse Tubbies ****Ton of pig iron in boot***wont go around corners and us Turbo people just sit and take it!!!! Not anymore,,, This is a call to all Turbo owners who have made to feel 2nd class citizens on this site to stand up and be counted.. We are faster bigger and stronger we are the new breed!!! N/A 's are old hat . Vauxhall realised their wonderfull cars were lacking in power so decided to do something about it N/a owners are now spending thousands of pounds on Superchargers to catch us. The main argument fom N/a people is there cars are faster around a track,,,Sorry when i go out to work i dont go via Brands Hatch, but overtaking >>im pleased im in a fast turbo.. Before the turbo, the N/a was the best car on the road.However i think it" old hat" as it has been superseeded by a newer better model.. I now concider the N/a been the entry level much akin to the man who really wants a 911 but cant afford one so buys a boxster I know some people will not agree with my coments but all of you will be N/a owners Ps i found another website which covered the advantages of N/A over turbos, hers the link N/a best@flat earth.society.org :groupjump:

#2 wickywire

wickywire

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  • Interests:Cars, computers, Rugby, the usual

Posted 18 June 2008 - 12:10 AM

My old na was great at going round tracks. When i upgraded to the vxt i was slower (or it felt like it) round the same tracks. I put this down to driving styles. You drive one different to another due to the weight. But on normal roads the vxt was great for overtaking but at the end of the day it's horses for courses.

#3 thelynxeffect

thelynxeffect

• PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:21 AM

How come everytime someone fancies "upgrading" a N/A to a Turbo the N/A people start hurling abuse at Turbos ****Lardy arse Tubbies ****Ton of pig iron in boot***wont go around corners and us Turbo people just sit and take it!!!!
Not anymore,,, This is a call to all Turbo owners who have made to feel 2nd class citizens on this site to stand up and be counted..

We are faster bigger and stronger we are the new breed!!!

N/A 's are old hat . Vauxhall realised their wonderfull cars were lacking in power so decided to do something about it
N/a owners are now spending thousands of pounds on Superchargers to catch us.
The main argument fom N/a people is there cars are faster around a track,,,Sorry when i go out to work i dont go via Brands Hatch, but overtaking >>im pleased im in a fast turbo..

Before the turbo, the N/a was the best car on the road.However i think it" old hat" as it has been superseeded by a newer better model..
I now concider the N/a been the entry level much akin to the man who really wants a 911 but cant afford one so buys a boxster
I know some people will not agree with my coments but all of you will be N/a owners

Ps i found another website which covered the advantages of N/A over turbos, hers the link

N/a best@flat earth.society.org :groupjump:

And the point of that post is what?

I now concider the N/a been the entry level much akin to the man who really wants a 911 but cant afford one so buys a boxster

And I now consider people who post stuff like this drivel childish.
next you'll want to play top trumps.

#4 theotherjonnymac

theotherjonnymac

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,434 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:20 AM

Ah Top Trumps - that takes me back :rolleyes:

#5 XXX

XXX

Invisible ex-VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 05:54 AM

The timing of the post says it all - Today, 01:04 AM - pissed!!!

#6 catmando

catmando

• Pip
  • 165 posts
  • Interests:CUSTOM MOTORCYCLES AND VXT's With some Mountainbiking thrown in

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:03 AM

The timing of the post says it all - Today, 01:04 AM - pissed!!!

Not quite Inspector Morse ,late finish. not pissed!!!!!!!!!
Just wondered why everyone has a go at Tubbies
Mention anything in the slightest against N/a's and the" hackles" go up ,
Chill out .. chinky chinky

#7 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:22 AM

I think there's just as much traffic in the other direction. Maybe we just defend ourselves better as we're a much rarer breed. But to rubbish the NA as old, cheap and past it is a little unfair. I test drove numerous examples of both and made the decision on how the car drove and what I wanted, cost didn't enter the equation. Some of us do actually prefer NA power delivery over turbo power delivery and the more delicate handling of the NA chassis. Remember as the great Mr Pirelli (or whoever) said: Power is nothing without control. thumbsup Of course, it's possible that you just feel bad, as you know deep down, that you bought the wrong verison? :P

#8 timmyp

timmyp

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • Interests:Rugby, Golf, Anything with an engine.

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:30 AM

I tried both before buying my NA. Just decided I like the feel and engine of the NA better than the tubby. Yeah it's a bit slower, but still quick enough. Like you say I don't drive to work via brands hatch. Also has the advantage of being a whole class lower when I do sprints due to not being forced induction! To say that it's the same as a Porsche owner having a Boxster because they can't stretch to a 911 is just stupid... There are plenty who say we've only got our VX's because we can't afford Lotus' :rolleyes: We get stick all the time from the tubby owners - not powerful enough to go through a wet paper bag etc. It's called banter...

Edited by timmyp, 18 June 2008 - 07:31 AM.

#9 VXJON

VXJON

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:45 AM

fcuk off thumbsup HTH (Helpful informative posting at it finest )

#10 LazyDonkey

LazyDonkey

Lotus imposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:45 AM

I know some people will not agree with my coments but all of you will be N/a owners

My car belongs to me, not the bank.

I am fortunate enough to have a good job and a very comfortable lifestyle.

I could afford a VX turbo, a new elise, a new exige, a 2-11 etc etc without much of a problem.

I choose to keep my NA and despite many hours driving all variants of loti and cateringvans I see no reason to change.

At a sprint at the weekend i was faster than an S1 elise driven by an experienced driver and within tenths of a 160bhp caterham and a S2 111s elise that had just had £5k thrown at the suspension, wheels and tyres.

I'm very glad you love your turbo - but they'll have to prise the keys of my NA from my cold dead hands.

Also in much the same way as most VX owners have tried a lotus, i think you'll find most of the NA supporters have tried a turbo. The same can't be said of lotus owners or the new breed of "more power = better" turbo drivers IMHO.

Edited by LazyDonkey, 18 June 2008 - 07:54 AM.

#11 wrightster

wrightster

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:46 AM

i disagree :rolleyes: the NA is a brilliant car the only think it lacks is power and thats fixable, if superchargers had been a little cheaper i would have sc'd my nA but instead i bought a VXR but i would have another NA tommorow if i couldnt keep my VXR.

#12 Ash

Ash

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,351 posts
  • Interests:Relaxing and Holidaying in exotic places with my wife.<br /><br />Racing, defence related stuff, karting, seeing unusual wild-life while on holiday, sci-fi, Ufology.

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:03 AM

Before the turbo, the N/a was the best car on the road.However i think it" old hat" as it has been superseeded by a newer better model..

We know, it's called the NA SC!!! ;)

Some of us do actually prefer NA power delivery over turbo power delivery and the more delicate handling of the NA chassis.

:yeahthat:

I've never owned a Turbo and my wife also used to drive the VX alot, I wasn't confident enough that it wouldn't get stacked at the first sniff of "enthusiastic acceleration".

The NA does everything I want it to do, if I do keep for a long time, I'll SC it, if not then I have no idea what I'd get. But, if you put to equally good drivers in both cars, I doubt there'd be that much difference round a track anyway.

#13 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:04 AM

us Turbo people just sit and take it!!!!

It's the same reason the Scottish hate the English football team and the English couldn't give a fook about the Scottish team. :gayfight:

#14 LazyDonkey

LazyDonkey

Lotus imposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:06 AM

Interestingly I'm imagining that the author of this post has the same issue with the NA 2-11 or the NA Elise / Exige, a caterham, a westie etc etc All of which have less power, but are more delicate than a VXT ?

#15 Winstar

Winstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,264 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:09 AM

Also in much the same way as most VX owners have tried a lotus, i think you'll find most of the NA supporters have tried a turbo. The same can't be said of lotus owners or the new breed of "more power = better" turbo drivers IMHO.

:yeahthat:

One thing that really gets me are all the ex-hot hatch drivers that instantly dismiss the NA as not worth getting as it's no as faster thier insert clio model, in a stright line maybe and if you're new to a vx then probably not on a bumpy b road. But with a little driving experience the NA is as fast a car as you'll need on the road it just doesn't flater drivers.

#16 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:13 AM

Sounds to me like the starter of this thread has a bit of an inferiority complex.

Edited by JG, 18 June 2008 - 08:14 AM.

#17 ollster

ollster

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:41 AM

the man who really wants a 911 but cant afford one so buys a boxster

You see i love my 911's but in reality the boxster is a better car due to weight distribution, yes thats right exactly the same pointless argument will be going on porsche forums around the world!

Do you see a pattern forming... poor mans Porsche this, poor man's vx220 that, poor mans lotus the other.

At the end of the day it all comes down to preference, i used to own an NA and now have a tubby (dc2 type-r in-between) i wanted more effortless power when swapping the dc2 but would agree the turbo doesnt inspire me with the confidence my old NA did (i have only had it 3 days though :rolleyes: ). For me as a package the turbo offered the most bang per book for what i wanted, i.e. the sh*t power delivery can be sorted for under a grand and a proper GEO would see more than high enough limits for the road. Also everyone says the turbo is really soft which would have been nice as the roads around Sheffield are bloody awful and make it nearly impossible to push on in a very stiffly sprung car but it turns out that is a load of rubbish as it still crashes almost as much as my old NA on really poor roads. The other thing as well was for the kind of pace i now want would have cost me 5-6k in an NA which i would not have recouped when i wanted to sell.

Just my 2p

#18 p4cks

p4cks

Newbie abuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:20 AM

What. The. fcuk. My sig says it all really.

#19 Alps Pacino

Alps Pacino

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:52 AM

Your all saying you choose n/a over the turbo as you prefer a n/a engine and its delivery. So why is a supercharger kit seen by these n/a pureists as a good upgrade? If you were all proper n/a pureists you would be spending your money on a high comp high reving engine not superchargers lol

#20 LazyDonkey

LazyDonkey

Lotus imposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,748 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:54 AM

Your all saying you choose n/a over the turbo as you prefer a n/a engine and its delivery. So why is a supercharger kit seen by these n/a pureists as a good upgrade?

If you were all proper n/a pureists you would be spending your money on a high comp high reving engine not superchargers lol

2 guesses to what car you drive eh ? :rolleyes:

I don't have a supercharger and i still love my NA. HTH chinky chinky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users