BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 07:38 PM

YES DEFINITELY

but i'm skint :(

80bhp increase eh? That would be nice.

Looking at the picture, i'm not sure it would fit in the engine bay of a vx220?
I think the boot section would have to be reduced in size.

Posted Image

Would be nice if a UK company like regal could look at supplying this. With this and minime's other mods god knows what sort of power output could be achieved!

Edited by BogBrush, 28 March 2003 - 07:51 PM.

#3 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts
  • Interests:Er... cars?

Posted 28 March 2003 - 09:45 PM

Alreday been discussed recently! :)

www.vx220.org.uk/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=9&t=692&hl=supercharger

This one from Delta-Motor (Switzerland) fits!!!

delta-motor[/URL]

:)

Attached Files

Edited by speedyK, 28 March 2003 - 09:51 PM.

#4 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 11:34 PM

Looking at that picture of the 2.2 Ecotec with a Supercharger, i've realised that the engine is in the other way to the vx?? I gather the steel pipe replaces the air intake pipe that is already there? If so it looks like this could be fitted to the vx? :blink: The delta charger only produces 190bhp doesn't it? This one seems to produce ~230bhp with the ecotec 2.2. Heating issues may be a problem though. This is all pure speculation and once the warranty has run out on my car, i'll definitely will be looking at turning my VX into some sort of monster :)

#5 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 28 March 2003 - 11:35 PM

about the supercharger, do you have an approx. quote from Delta? they are quite pricey, they offered me cams for...2000 euros!!! (installed) :o :blink:

#6 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 11:45 PM

about the supercharger, do you have an approx. quote from Delta?
they are quite pricey, they offered me cams for...2000 euros!!!  (installed)  :o  :blink:

10,000 Swiss francs, including fitting.

Plus SFr.500 for getting it through the the approval test.

But still cheaper than trading in for a VXT. I can get the motor, Spax and wheels and still save. That's the way I'm presenting the idea to my wife. :P

#7 BogBrush

BogBrush

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 11:51 PM

Looking at that picture of the 2.2 Ecotec with a Supercharger, i've realised that the engine is in the other way to the vx??

How stupid do I feel! The engine is in the same way as the vx. It's just that it's being viewed from the front bonnet on a front engined car. D'oh!

#8 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 12:04 AM

The delta charger only produces 190bhp doesn't it? This one seems to produce ~230bhp with the ecotec 2.2. Heating issues may be a problem though.

This is all pure speculation and once the warranty has run out on my car, i'll definitely will be looking at turning my VX into some sort of monster :)

Delta variously quote 195 and 200bhp.

I'll want to see some power curves, but they seem very straight types.

I intend visiting them in a couple of weeks to try their supercharged Speedster if possible (they might have sold it) and will report back on it. :)

Only got 1 year warranty in Switzerland (now gone up to 2) so my warranty ran out last April, so nothing to lose in that respect. B)

I'd love the 240bhp (from what I've read) supercharger, but no info in Europe and may be too big anyway.

#9 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts
  • Interests:For those who grasp for Hir beyond the horizon of usual consciousness, preparing for the time when something powerful will present Hir-Self This advise is given...

Posted 29 March 2003 - 12:11 AM

I'd love the 240bhp (from what I've read) supercharger, but no info in Europe and may be too big anyway.

ahem...240 supercharged hp.... :blink:
speedy, you seem a pretty realistic man..... :P
...do you really think it would be so much fun to drive such thing? :unsure:

#10 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 12:13 AM

YESSS!!! :D :D :D

#11 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 12:23 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: good! I'll come and pay you a visit then! :P

#12 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 12:24 AM

Why not, Ricky? BTW what's the latest on your car?

#13 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 12:32 AM

pffft.... :angry: komo-tec sent the exhaust on moday (so they told me) and still is not here.... hence...still waiting...... :( got the Regal manifold installed in the meanwhile.... B)

#14 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 12:35 AM

So what bhp will you have? With your lightweight policy, your power-to-weight ratio is going to be pretty respectable too! :) Must go to bed now, wife says I must have some private life too. ;)

Edited by speedyK, 29 March 2003 - 12:41 AM.

#15 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 12:44 AM

Must go to bed now, wife says I must have some private life too. ;)

:lol:
...I guess mine gave up any hope by now... :rolleyes: :P

#16 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 12:49 AM

So what bhp will you have?

dunno...once bolted back togheter, I will assess its performance, and if adequate, I will do a remapp to tie-up and optimize all the changes......if still not content, I might get the dbilas cams before remapping..... ;)
...all this before april 18-21, when I will drive to the "green hell"...what a best way to assess the mods! (hope to come back in one piece this time, lesson learned I hope... :rolleyes: )

#17 Sicey

Sicey

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 02:15 PM

Whats 10000 Sfr in euros speedyk? Keep us posted on the test drive. John.

#18 Ricky2772

Ricky2772

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 02:23 PM

10000chf = 6768 eur :blink: true though, better than trading in and....no turbo lag! :lol:

#19 Sicey

Sicey

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 05:07 PM

Damn I thought it would be a bit cheaper than that :o Thats the best part of 4k in pounds, I thought I could think about getting the Regal exhaust and bolting on the supercharger for the same sort of money as a full on Regal setup. Back to thought mode again on what I want to spend :rolleyes: John.

#20 Sicey

Sicey

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 07:59 PM

Hey Ricky, Remind me when you come over here as I will probably pop over to the ring to meet up with you, I'll bring my scooby for a blast round ;) John.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users