114 replies to this topic

#21 peterg

peterg

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Interests:Cars mostly....

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:21 PM

Very nice chinky chinky PS: Si, my sill pockets and only about half the size and in cloth so fairly useless... think I might have to knock some up or get SWMBO to do it anyway :happy:

#22 Morgan9122

Morgan9122

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:28 PM

Do you need to take the seats out to fit?

im doing mine this weekend :)

James,

It is a set out job really, although I believe some have managed with setas in.

Good time to find all that loose change, CD's, sticky sweets, etc that have found thier way under the seats.

Si,

Great Pics. First time I've seen a footrest mounted over the top (although i suggest it myself). May have to dig my one out now!!!!

Kevin

#23 james141

james141

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 01:33 PM

Do you need to take the seats out to fit?

im doing mine this weekend :)

James,

It is a set out job really, although I believe some have managed with setas in.

Good time to find all that loose change, CD's, sticky sweets, etc that have found thier way under the seats.

Si,

Great Pics. First time I've seen a footrest mounted over the top (although i suggest it myself). May have to dig my one out now!!!!

Kevin

True, it could do with a good clean out thumbsup

I just remember what a PITA the seats are to get out :rolleyes:

#24 Bigt

Bigt

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 05 November 2009 - 07:52 PM

Yeah i decided to go hell for leather and fit the footrest which was quite time consuming getting all the holes lined up and the bolts through but well worth it i think. Seats out isn't too much of a chore to be fair and its a good opportunity to clean all the ali before you cover it up. Have fun guys. Si

#25 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts
  • Interests:Tech head

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:01 PM

Hmm, maybe I should look into these... look really neat!

#26 james141

james141

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 12:11 PM

Can someone remind me what tools you need and the best way to remove the seats? :rolleyes:

#27 Bigt

Bigt

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:31 PM

James - you want a decent set of ratchet spanners in which you can fit an adaptor to take an allen bit all passenger seat bolts are allen type and the drivers seat has two normal (12mm i think) bolts at the front and allen bolts at the back. Its real straight forward although passenger seat is sightly trickier as the front bolts are out of sight under the seat. Undo the four bolts and lift out seat, undo seatbelt point on the side and jobs a good un. Drivers seat is easier because it slides - slide seat back and undo front bolts then slide seat forward and undo back bolts lift out and undo seat belt on the side. Make sure you don't loose the little L shape brackets which are slide limiters to stop the seat going to far back! Si

#28 james141

james141

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 03:34 PM

James - you want a decent set of ratchet spanners in which you can fit an adaptor to take an allen bit all passenger seat bolts are allen type and the drivers seat has two normal (12mm i think) bolts at the front and allen bolts at the back.

Its real straight forward although passenger seat is sightly trickier as the front bolts are out of sight under the seat. Undo the four bolts and lift out seat, undo seatbelt point on the side and jobs a good un.

Drivers seat is easier because it slides - slide seat back and undo front bolts then slide seat forward and undo back bolts lift out and undo seat belt on the side. Make sure you don't loose the little L shape brackets which are slide limiters to stop the seat going to far back!

Si

:D

Nice one thanks Si chinky chinky

#29 james141

james141

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 06 November 2009 - 05:24 PM

do you supply the velco by any chance?

I got some of this today from B+Q it works out at nearly £4 per meter (£2 per side!) if you need a decent amount it is much cheaper on ebay thumbsup

Edited by james141, 06 November 2009 - 05:25 PM.

#30 Bobo82

Bobo82

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 10:40 AM

If you need Velcro go to pound world 1.5m for guess what a £1 :)

#31 Bigt

Bigt

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:31 PM

Or Halfords do a roll of it which you can cut straight up the middle and is more than enough for £7.99 - its the real heavy duty stuff too, its currently also doing the honours holding my HID ballasts in place. Si

#32 boghouse

boghouse

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • Interests:Anything fast or dangerous, motorsport, seeing the world....

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:50 PM

Treated myself to a set :D

#33 peterg

peterg

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Interests:Cars mostly....

Posted 07 November 2009 - 04:54 PM

Mine arrived yesterday in the post, thanks Kevin thumbsup and if I wasn't feeling like I'm coming down with something I'd have fitted them today along with my nice leather seats but it'll have to wait till next week or so now :angry2:

#34 Morgan9122

Morgan9122

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 12:28 PM

Bump for 'Newbies'

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kevin

#35 adH

adH

• Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:34 PM

Another thumbs up from me for the carpet set - thanks Kevin chinky chinky Fitment is straight forward and the carpets look the part. Also as mentioned it gives you a good excuse to clean up all the crap from under the seats! Cheers Adam

#36 Delta Deano

Delta Deano

• PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Interests:Motors, Beer, And more Beer

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:06 PM

Is there any chance these carpets will come back in stock could be intrested in a full set cheers.

#37 adlewar

adlewar

• Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:41 AM

Is there any chance these carpets will come back in stock could be intrested in a full set cheers.

yea me too.........

#38 Morgan9122

Morgan9122

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:19 PM

yea me too.........

Hi,

Have carpet in stock for one complete set.

More carpet can be ordered in with 3/4 day lead time.

Just PM me for more details.

Kevin

(105 RHD sets sold with no complaints)

#39 Guest_Loadstar (Guest)

Guest_Loadstar (Guest)

Posted 01 February 2010 - 01:39 PM

Hiya Im thinking about these carpets - they look excellent. I have a question though. My current floor mats move, and I have taken them up and it looks like there is a black resin looking glue holding the bottom of the mat fixing to the aluminium - does this sound right? Anyway the fixing has come away so nothing is holding the carpets in and there is just a blob of this black stuff. I was wondering what this black resin stuff was - what type of glue?, so that i can reattach the bottom carpet fixings to the floor of the car? Thanks

#40 Ouchie

Ouchie

Monkey no mates

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:16 PM

Do you not have the 4 screws holding the mats in place. The screw tops are about the size of 50p pieces and there is accompanying bits stuck to the floor (with black glue stuff). They may have come unstuck or been removed previously. Or the black stuff was somebody trying to stick the mats in place. iirc, if you didn't specify mats when new the 4 fixings were not added.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users