Full Interior Carpet Sets For Vx220

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#41 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 04:42 PM

Not sure whether it's an issue on the floor of the VX/S2 but Lotus fcuked up by bonding the rubber mats in the S1 to the floor. This trapped moisture and led to corrosion and them having to bodge a repair by welding in new floor sections. May well have improved the anodising or however they treat the aluminium but, worth bearing in mind. thumbsup

#42 Guest_Loadstar (Guest)

Guest_Loadstar (Guest)

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:15 PM

Do you not have the 4 screws holding the mats in place. The screw tops are about the size of 50p pieces and there is accompanying bits stuck to the floor (with black glue stuff). They may have come unstuck or been removed previously.

Or the black stuff was somebody trying to stick the mats in place. iirc, if you didn't specify mats when new the 4 fixings were not added.

Yep - four screws holding the mats in place, then the accompanying bits *were* stuck to the floor but the black stuff has come away from the accompanying bits (but the black stuff is still stuck to the floor). I was wondering whether i should try and remove the black stuff and re-stick the accompanying bits to the floor - if so what glue should i use?

#43 boghouse

boghouse

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • Interests:Anything fast or dangerous, motorsport, seeing the world....

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:49 PM

I have a set still in the box from Morgan.....£50 posted if anyone wants them?? (Turbo footrest set)

Edited by boghouse, 01 February 2010 - 08:50 PM.

#44 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

I will be interested in a set when i come back of holiday if that's ok as il be skint till i get back.

#45 boghouse

boghouse

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:00 AM

Mine are styill available at £45 posted if anyone wants them Brand new/ boxed Turbo footrest set

#46 old codger

old codger

• PipPip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Clay pigeon shooting, motor racing, cars and bikes.

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

Hiya

Im thinking about these carpets - they look excellent.
I have a question though.

My current floor mats move, and I have taken them up and it looks like there is a black resin looking glue holding the bottom of the mat fixing to the aluminium - does this sound right?
Anyway the fixing has come away so nothing is holding the carpets in and there is just a blob of this black stuff.

I was wondering what this black resin stuff was - what type of glue?, so that i can reattach the bottom carpet fixings to the floor of the car?

Thanks

Hi, the glue that you need is called `Tigerseal`, and is good stuff which you can buy on e bay.

#47 rcvaughan

rcvaughan

Ex-VXer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,115 posts
  • Interests:Work cars: Play cars

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:01 PM

Hiya

Im thinking about these carpets - they look excellent.
I have a question though.

My current floor mats move, and I have taken them up and it looks like there is a black resin looking glue holding the bottom of the mat fixing to the aluminium - does this sound right?
Anyway the fixing has come away so nothing is holding the carpets in and there is just a blob of this black stuff.

I was wondering what this black resin stuff was - what type of glue?, so that i can reattach the bottom carpet fixings to the floor of the car?

Thanks

Hi, the glue that you need is called `Tigerseal`, and is good stuff which you can buy on e bay.

Powermix, JB Weld or Araldite will also work a treat thumbsup

#48 boghouse

boghouse

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:50 PM

Mine are styill available at £45 posted if anyone wants them

Brand new/ boxed Turbo footrest set

SOLD

#49 Guest_Loadstar (Guest)

Guest_Loadstar (Guest)

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:32 AM

Do you not have the 4 screws holding the mats in place. The screw tops are about the size of 50p pieces and there is accompanying bits stuck to the floor (with black glue stuff). They may have come unstuck or been removed previously.

Or the black stuff was somebody trying to stick the mats in place. iirc, if you didn't specify mats when new the 4 fixings were not added.

Yep - four screws holding the mats in place, then the accompanying bits *were* stuck to the floor but the black stuff has come away from the accompanying bits (but the black stuff is still stuck to the floor). I was wondering whether i should try and remove the black stuff and re-stick the accompanying bits to the floor - if so what glue should i use?

Anyone - what glue is it that binds the mat holders to the alu floor - dont want to use one that might react...cheers

#50 Guest_Loadstar (Guest)

Guest_Loadstar (Guest)

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:32 AM

Anyone - what glue is it that binds the mat holders to the alu floor - dont want to use one that might react...cheers

Ignore - question answered above...DOH! Cheers guys!

#51 Simonk0_0

Simonk0_0

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

PM sent are these still available ??????

#52 Simonk0_0

Simonk0_0

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:05 PM

PM sent are these still available ??????

#53 Morgan9122

Morgan9122

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:07 PM

PM sent

are these still available ??????

Hi

Yes, these carpet sets are still available to anyone who wants a set.

PM sent with details

Kevin

#54 audiophile vxter

audiophile vxter

• Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Hifi, cars, driving, music, movies, the pub....

Posted 09 July 2010 - 08:28 AM

PM sent, I'll take a set.

#55 Morgan9122

Morgan9122

• PipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:56 PM

PM sent, I'll take a set.

Hi, payment received, thankyou.

Will PM you when they are ready to collect.

Kev

#56 J4EY D

J4EY D

Bob Maloogaloogaloogaloogalooga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

PM sent, I'll have some too chinky chinky

#57 Rippz

Rippz

• Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:24 PM

Hi Kevin, Been meaning to get a set of these for a while now and as the winter is coming very soon (if not now :unsure: ) I think i will have to invest in a set and hopefully don't run into the condensation problem of it not sticking also I thought it was worth wile sorting out the water leak in the nsf footwell. PM sent, Thanks Rippz

#58 Big Steve

Big Steve

Behemothic & Monolithic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:34 AM

Hi Kevin,

Been meaning to get a set of these for a while now and as the winter is coming very soon (if not now :unsure: ) I think i will have to invest in a set and hopefully don't run into the condensation problem of it not sticking also I thought it was worth wile sorting out the water leak in the nsf footwell.

PM sent,

Thanks
Rippz

You'll not regret these. So nice.thumbsup

#59 2.2_na

2.2_na

No Compromise

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 02:00 AM

Been meaning to get a set of these for a while now

They are very nice carpets, and also easy to fit, and an improvement to the look of the interior of the VX (if you like the 'cozy' type of feel / look). thumbsup

#60 Crock

Crock

• PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

Hi Kevin, Carpet set arrived this morning. Thanks for the quick turnaround. Haven't had a chance to look through it yet, but all arrived in good order. thumbsup chinky chinky Crock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users