321 replies to this topic

#21 Jameshs

Jameshs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,511 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Rock Climbing

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:14 PM

I am not trying to p*ss on your praide but your paying £700 ish for the charger alone right?? Earlier this year i got my M62 with circa 50K for £250 delievered, courtaneys have checked it and adjusted the pully and it is in great working order (also made 270bhp stage 2+) I think you need to shop around more and really wait for the items to turn up on the colbat forums as you are gonna be spending extra cash when you dont need to. I recently did my own DIY conversion so if you need a hand/advice then give me a shout thumbsup

#22 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts
  • Interests:Tech head

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:20 PM

I am not trying to p*ss on your praide but your paying £700 ish for the charger alone right??

Earlier this year i got my M62 with circa 50K for £250 delievered, courtaneys have checked it and adjusted the pully and it is in great working order (also made 270bhp stage 2+)

I think you need to shop around more and really wait for the items to turn up on the colbat forums as you are gonna be spending extra cash when you dont need to.

I recently did my own DIY conversion so if you need a hand/advice then give me a shout thumbsup

About £950 for all the parts, including shipping from the USA and import duty and VAT.

I've been looking for about the last 2 months, the ones that come on CobaltSS.net end up wanting to sell the whole setup, had 3 posts in the last couple weeks, none under $1500 for their setup. Once you take into account import duty and VAT, that's still £1100.

If there are any other options out there, they have certainly been eluding me!! Tried all the eBay sellers and gone right back 2 months through the S/C for sale posts on CobaltSS.

Way I figure is if we get more in on this, then they all come in at the same time, save on postage, and obviously as duty and VAT is added on top of shipping costs, save on that too.

All of these have come off engines under 20k miles as well.

But if you do spot any others going cheap, let everyone know! :)

Thanks

Seb

#23 Paulo

Paulo

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:34 PM

Seb, what have you started (I remember that nice lad who only wanted an NA and look whats happened). Will have to look at upping to stage 4 to keep you boy's in check :gayfight: Top marks for effort, hope it pays off Imnotworthy

#24 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:40 PM

Seb, what have you started (I remember that nice lad who only wanted an NA and look whats happened).

Temptation.
It got the better of me :(

Will have to look at upping to stage 4 to keep you boy's in check :gayfight:

Cheeky :P

#25 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:08 PM

1. Seb 2. Phear 3. _Dan_ 4. James141 5. Dangerous 6. robin 7. Cliffie (depending on when the order goes in and when it needs to be paid for).

#26 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 02:35 PM

I have a 100% confirmation on a definate availability of 5 kits, he's just searching for more now. Once he's found all he has, he'll be able to give me a definate price!

#27 james141

james141

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:13 PM

I have a 100% confirmation on a definate availability of 5 kits, he's just searching for more now.

Once he's found all he has, he'll be able to give me a definate price!

Imnotworthy keep up the good work :)

#28 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:18 PM

1. Seb 2. Phear 3. _Dan_ 4. James141 5. Dangerous 6. robin 7. Cliffie (depending on when the order goes in and when it needs to be paid for). 8. Sutol - just so I'm on a list, subject to final details

#29 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:51 PM

1. Seb
2. Phear
3. _Dan_
4. James141
5. Dangerous
6. robin
7. Cliffie (depending on when the order goes in and when it needs to be paid for).
8. Sutol - just so I'm on a list, subject to final details

all joining the dark side :lol: :lol: :lol:

#30 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:54 PM

And why not? I'd love the idea of ITB's, but I've had the N/A experience already, and the turbo experience, the only one I've not had is s'charged :)

#31 james141

james141

Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,667 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

I think we will need a group fitting session: Take spanner A12 and turn bolt C4..... :groupjump:

#32 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:01 PM

I think we will need a group fitting session:

Take spanner A12 and turn bolt C4.....

:groupjump:

yep we could do a conference call with webcams thumbsup chaotic or what :lol:

#33 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:14 PM

i'll get some stickers for xmass made :lol: :lol: :lol: ...........and please chris torque those bolts specially if you go upper charge :lol:

#34 Phear

Phear

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:14 PM

Gonna need our own container to ship this lot soon :groupjump:

#35 Crazyfrog (Fab)

Crazyfrog (Fab)

Iceman

• 22,801 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:23 PM

Gonna need our own container to ship this lot soon :groupjump:

can supply containers btw

#36 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 05:55 PM

Awesome idea! Or we could all pile onto my drive, I'm sure I can probably fit in about 4 being done at the same time :P hah!

#37 Denthrax

Denthrax

• PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:18 PM

Been following some SC threads and now i'm completly sold :groupjump: Anyone has an estimate on other costs other than this kit i need to add up to the total cost of an SC upgrade? As I'm from Belgium, would this be a problem for me joining the groupbuy (in getting the kit to me)?

#38 Seb.F

Seb.F

Under Your Bed

• 6,045 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:18 PM

I would suggest it might be easier to source yourself, it would end up costing a lot more for you, as we are all saving due to postage and such. And him sending it to me, and then me onto you, would be a lot more in postage I can imagine? I guess you wouldn't have to pay tax as it's in the EU? I think the rest for a stage 2 ends up costing about hmm about another £2k?

#39 cheeky_chops

cheeky_chops

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,922 posts
  • Interests:my car, snowboarding and drinking

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:30 PM

With regards to those who may not trust me with their money, I have met plenty from the site and have been to meets, so I'm sure someone will kindly put in a word for me!

Just a warning, there were a few people back in 2003/4 :rolleyes: who ordered piston/rods @ £1k+ a set from america. It never arrived after months and months of promises...

For the postage/import duty, i flight over with a empty suitcase could be safer and cheaper! ;)

Edited by cheeky_chops, 11 November 2009 - 08:30 PM.

#40 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:47 PM

With regards to those who may not trust me with their money, I have met plenty from the site and have been to meets, so I'm sure someone will kindly put in a word for me!

Just a warning, there were a few people back in 2003/4 :rolleyes: who ordered piston/rods @ £1k+ a set from america. It never arrived after months and months of promises...

For the postage/import duty, i flight over with a empty suitcase could be safer and cheaper! ;)

What we need is a friend in an American Services Base stationed over here who could have the parcel shipped to them.

That way the shipping would be standard US prices and we would avoid any import duties.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users