• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#41 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 01:05 PM

Lol fair play :) The idea is to add luxury to a somewhat basic car, i no its basic for a reason but im following my super car inspiration inside, and i thought i'd start with a plush carpet :lol: As for any warmer, i'm not sure yet as it's in the garage for diagnostics but im sure it will be. And the oem mats still fot to with the foam backing removed :)

#42 dapimp

dapimp

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:Bar sports, especially pool. Obviously my VX....and my lovely gf.

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:30 PM

Looking really good, can't wait to see how it looks with a full leather retrim! I've fancied this route myself but not gotten round to it.

#43 Yellow_or_black?

Yellow_or_black?

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:38 PM

Why don't you save all the money you're spending on crud, and buy a proper 'supercar' then - rather than trashing what is supposed to be a raw performance car. I haven't read the whole of your thread, but I can't recall any performance mods yet? Apologies if I've missed them

#44 XXX

XXX

Invisible ex-VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,471 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

Why don't you save all the money you're spending on crud, and buy a proper 'supercar' then - rather than trashing what is supposed to be a raw performance car. I haven't read the whole of your thread, but I can't recall any performance mods yet? Apologies if I've missed them

Plenty of members have carpeted their interiors. I personally wouldn't but that is my choice. As is it the choice of anyone who want to add a bit of (removable) carpet to theirs....

#45 Yellow_or_black?

Yellow_or_black?

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:49 PM

It's the choice of anyone to do anything, but if you post it up here - then people are invited to contribute their opinion. The above is nothing more than my opinion, and is no more or less valid than someone's stating they love what the OP has done I am genuinely interested in why the OP is buying bits and bobs to make a VX into what he calls a 'supercar' (when from what I have read, all the mods have been aesthetic), when (a) the VX obviously isn't what he wants by design; and (b ) when there are other cars out there that would seem to meet his requirements

#46 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:52 PM

To be completley honest i don't feel the need to even bother justifying my modifications to you. Thanks to everyone else for all the comments :)

#47 BRG_Pete

BRG_Pete

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:04 PM

Carpets Good. thumbsup Have to say i'm a fan of carpet, for the daily commute it makes the cabin a nicer place to be and you don't have to listen to all the tiny stones and crap sliding around in the footwells. When I get to a point where i know what i'm doing on track i'll ditch the carpet (maybe). & weight wise go for the VX calorie neutral diet, any weight added to the car you can work off down the gym. :)

Edited by BRG_Pete, 01 March 2010 - 10:21 PM.

#48 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:10 PM

Good call mate lol I'm all of 9 stone, so i'm hardly worried about carpets weighing me down anyway :lol: It is my daily driver, meaning trips to work everyday not to mention my gf now living 3 hours away lol... so to improve the interior in any way possible is a good call in my books.

#49 Harry0075

Harry0075

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Interests:Cars (Classic + Sportscars), Running, Cycling, and Discovery Turbo!

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:14 PM

thumbsup good stuff. looking forward to seeing what the white looks like. also good idea to vinyl parts of the inside, might consider that too! good luck, keep it up.

#50 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:16 PM

Cost all of a fiver fella, and as far as im aware the section doesn't come out to trim or paint, so an easy fix in all respects for me :)

#51 redvts

redvts

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:59 AM

I've never used vinyl but it must be a pain to do the bottom of the dash in the limited space without getting any bubbles or creases, I would do it myself but I know for a fact I'd make an arse of it cos I'm a spaz :)

#52 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 10:58 AM

The side panelas came out to get to the dash and also the steering wheel surround, so it was pretty straight forward to get to. The trick is to use a soapy soltion to slide the vinyl into place, squeegee the water out then dry with a heat gun, being very carefull not to burn the vinyl :)

#53 redvts

redvts

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 01:54 PM

U make it sound easy, maybe I could find someone local to do it for me

#54 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:17 PM

I'm very good at vinyl :)

#55 redvts

redvts

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

I'll have to have a trip across to see u sometime steve, I'm probably on 10-15 miles away from u

#56 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:43 PM

The car is now stripped and the interior is at the trimmers. Tbh im not expecting it to be anyones taste on here, but its mine so thats the main thing :) I've got about a week before i get it back, so its a ptient wait now for me....

#57 southpaw

southpaw

sans vx for now

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 09:07 PM

The car is now stripped and the interior is at the trimmers. Tbh im not expecting it to be anyones taste on here, but its mine so thats the main thing :) I've got about a week before i get it back, so its a ptient wait now for me....

Unless your interior ideas are fantastically garish and going by the exterior you've done a good job so far. I'm interested to see what's going in :)

#58 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 10:03 PM

Thanks fella :) Its far from a factory shade lol Also some embroidery going on with the seats, but thats more of an advertizing factor ;) ...Even some subtle lighting but i don't know if i dare post that when its done lol

#59 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 21 March 2010 - 06:12 AM

Must admit I'm more from the purist camp in terms of liking the basic nature of the NA but I feel some of the comments about the car have been unjustly harsh. Liking the side repeaters I think they look OEM. Stuff like carpets I'd be more inclined to do if I used the car more but it does look good. At the end of the day taking basic car and making it a bit more refined is only what Lotus did with the Europa.

#60 redvts

redvts

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 07:04 AM

You can always count on .org for some harsh comments especially if ur not keeping the car standard. I like seeing what ur doing with the car keep it up and don't listen to them when they start going on about 'oem this and oem that' it's ur car at the end of the day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users