• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#81 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:25 AM

Forgot to answer the question about the centre console too. It looks dodgy in these pics due to it being in the garage and the flash being on, theres a few slight areas which aren't perfect on it but whats showing up is the glue underneath as its going to take a few days to settle down and for the leather to breathe.

#82 peterg

peterg

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Interests:Cars mostly....

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:47 AM

:sick: poof I hope you realise just how much reflection of that white dash top you're going to have in the windscreen... it's bad enough on some sunny days with the standard one :rolleyes:

#83 RobNA

RobNA

RobSC :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,856 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:47 AM

If you like it, thats all that matters thumbsup My interior is always filthy even in dark colours so i dread to think how dirty it would look in all white! I am not a fan, but as I said, that doesnt matter :) YoB, why does it matter if a car that is the same make as yours has something done to it that you dont like. As long as its not done to your car why does it matter?

#84 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:11 AM

Oh dear, another car devalued by £ 2,000.

#85 Harry0075

Harry0075

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Interests:Cars (Classic + Sportscars), Running, Cycling, and Discovery Turbo!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:15 AM

Fair play Fred, that's gonna hurt your eyes with all that white, better weld some sunglasses B) permanently to you eyes :) keep it up, always refreshing to see new things being tried and tested. As you probably already know its not to everyones taste, but then the car is an extension to the individual, and that certainly doesn't look like my calypso NA!! lol good luck rallly with all the reflection you may get...hehe. will be good to see it in the flesh sometime to have a nosey, not that i'm considering the same :P thumbsup

#86 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:18 AM

just toooooooo much white for me!!! and you are going to struggle to keep it clean. Fred do you get much reflection from the dash onto the screen? eta just read peterg's post :blush:

Edited by Sutol, 31 March 2010 - 10:19 AM.

#87 mscall

mscall

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:35 AM

I wouldn't do it to my own car ( I'm no good at keeping it clean as it is!! ), but I quite like it. Will look great in summer with the roof off driving around. Some people on here think they have part ownership in every vx on the road, and try to 'protect' them!! It's good that there are guys like fred out there who are willing to try something different!

#88 G-Bob

G-Bob

Embarrassing VX's in an MX5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts
  • Interests:Silver VX Bashing!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

The white's not my cup of tea, but purely from a practical point of view. The job looks good though. thumbsup I REALLY think that the leather around the gear lever needs to go though. It looks really cheap. thumbsdown Possibly black instead to break it up a little? I like the window surround and the subtle exterior changes/enhancements though. B)

#89 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 12:34 PM

Oh dear, another car devalued by £ 2,000.

In that case ill get it all retrimmed black come sale time if i struggle, problem solved :P

Peter G yes i do realize how much reflection i have ... as its my car and id rive it lol I'll cope :)

harry_lalli, RobNA & mscall- cheers all, very respected opinions put over in a polite manner! :)

Sutol i've mentioned above im a keen detailer and my old,man being in thevaleting trade so keeping it clean will take patience but easily doable, i actually think its going to be easier than the last car as that was light alcantara. This is wipe clean.

gbobm - really unexpected, thanks for the kind words, the console was trimmed in red curtains when ibought the car and caked in glue underneath :lol: , something had to be done. I suppoze it could have gone black to tie inw ith the carpets? Butits done now and im happy with the outcome. opinion taken onboard though fella.

Edited by fred666, 31 March 2010 - 12:35 PM.

#90 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 11:52 AM

VX ownership really isn't going well atthe moment. In the space of 2 weeks I've had a leaking header tank, fcuked ABS sensor- so new hub, mangled handbrake cable, god knows howmany engine lights, and now the latest is the car cutting down to limp mode and the engine elctrics sensor pinging on. The only dash light i EVER want on is the handbrake one when im parked!! :lol: I'm guessing the new problem is going to be the accelerator sensor now... Slowly getting sick of Vauxhall :(

#91 G-Bob

G-Bob

Embarrassing VX's in an MX5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts
  • Interests:Silver VX Bashing!

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

gbobm - really unexpected, thanks for the kind words, the console was trimmed in red curtains when ibought the car and caked in glue underneath :lol: , something had to be done. I suppoze it could have gone black to tie inw ith the carpets? Butits done now and im happy with the outcome. opinion taken onboard though fella.

Don't know why it was unexpected. It looks like the quality of the job is good. I think the thing that is attracting the most negative comments is the colour. If you had trimmed it in mosty black with a splash of colour, then people would be commenting on how good it looked. Unfortunately people are associating the retrim with the white shellsuit crew.

As I said, the finish looks good and good luck with the rest of it. chinky chinky

Unfortunate that you've had those other problems, but because it's a vauxhall a lot of those parts are ripped off an Astra so shouldn't bee too hard to source. Chin up! thumbsup

#92 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:42 PM

Yeah i agree completely, if that was black, or two tone, id even dare say cream... a lot of peoples opinions would change. But hey ho, i like to create something different and i've wanted a white leather retrim since i've started driving, being a 2 seater, now was the time as its half the price :lol: Could be worse, it could be vinyl not leather :o As for the parts they're a nightmare to source but im getting through the niggles bit by bit and sourcing alternate cheaper parts along the way with the help of the communtiy on here :D

#93 TheRealVXed

TheRealVXed

Sidekick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts
  • Interests:Holy potatoes, fist combat, lycra

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:31 PM

Maybe the car is rebelling against the white interior?! You must have to be cleaning it every week!! TBH though I quite like the light interior. Makes everything seem a little bigger and more luxurious. Not sure I would have had white personally. I like the window surround (perhaps looks even better with hardtop on?)and the carpets. If I still used mine everyday I might have done the same. What's next?

#94 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:46 PM

You must have to be cleaning it every week!!
Makes everything seem a little bigger and more luxurious.

I clean the car twice a week anyway mate so its no hardship for me tbh. Theres some Megs leather cleaner in the boot incase i get cut short out and about - passengers usually, not myself :lol: But as mentioned its leather so its easily wipe clean. Granted it needs a good going over every few weeks.

The luxury is the exact thing i was going for with the plush carpets, heated seats and leather. I've also added a little interior lighting but i dare not post a pic on here :lol: Lights the heater controls lovely though!

The next mod is either a Larini or a new head unit. Im fancy the new JVC AVX 55, Its a touchscreen 'James Bond' style cd player which should tie in with the way im headed nicely :)

Coilovers and wheels will follow suit then when money permits B)

#95 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 07:56 PM

I quite like it! It will be a nightmare for you as someone mentioned in the summer the reflection in the windscreen will be horrific. Looks eyecatching though which is great if your using it to promote a business. Some of the comments are a bit over negative I've seen worse things done to VX's.

#96 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 10:23 PM

Im used to the reflection already. TBH its the vents that you notice inthe window - yet they've always been there -just morenoticeable now with a white surounding. I don't even notice anymore though. The negative comments don't bother me mate - everyone's entitled to theirs :) Im a newbie to this site, its expected lol

#97 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 02:10 AM

Sorry don't like it thumbsdown at least no one will now give me hassle about my rear wing being chav :lol:

#98 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 09:32 PM

what's 'Chav' to one isnt to another ;)

#99 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:00 PM

what's 'Chav' to one isnt to another ;)

correct chinky chinky

#100 southpaw

southpaw

sans vx for now

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:15 PM

The next mod is either a Larini or a new head unit.

I'd just noticed you still had the VDO nasty thing - I'm amazed you've put up with it this long.

and

good god you interior is white, you'll be needing some B) come summer

too much for me but tis yours and all that chinky chinky

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users