395 replies to this topic

#61 JimmyJamJerusalem

JimmyJamJerusalem

So annoying I got my own room.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,382 posts
  • Interests:Music, Cars, Beer, Boxing.

Posted 21 March 2010 - 09:17 AM

I think you're doing really well mate stick at it! Think those repeaters look much better than standard!

#62 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 01:29 PM

Cheers all. I can accept any opinion on the car, even the harsh uncalled for comments :lol: this will be VERY lightly fettled compared to half my cars lol. I've stepped into new territory with the VX, but there's no way its staying standard... thats not me, i'll continue to post ALL my progress even though i know some of it may get slated, some of it may get liked.. It's fair to show the whole picture :) TBH this is more of a recap of mods for myself as i no this topic will end up 15-20 pages long by the time im finished with the car :happy: A little nervey about how the retrim goes now...

#63 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:02 PM

Bit of a poor update as i don't have pics, but... The retrim is complete and i have all the interior back :) MY USB ports are fcuked on my PC at the moment so i can't upload off the camera :( Gonna be about a week till its all back in anyway as im awaiting a handbrake cable :) Ohh and I've now got heated seats! :gayfight:

#64 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 27 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

Sounds good and looking forward to see some pictures.

#65 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:10 PM

Little sneak peak of the embroidery. Its a vip style logo of my company name to suit the theme.
The design...
Posted Image
the work...
Posted Image

TBH im not overly impressed with the work on the trim, theres a lot of leather sag etc but overall it will all come together when it goes in the car, plus for what i paid i can't really complain.

Edited by fred666, 28 March 2010 - 06:14 PM.

#66 rcvaughan

rcvaughan

Ex-VXer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,115 posts
  • Interests:Work cars: Play cars

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

Looking forward to seeing it all come together thumbsup Ordered me some alfa repeaters too ;) I really need to do me a project thread! Will get it done when the car is back together! (temporarily) :rolleyes:

Edited by rcvaughan, 28 March 2010 - 06:15 PM.

#67 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:45 PM

Another little snap :)
Posted Image

Gotta feeling i may regret this, knowing how much dust flies throughthe vents :lol:

Edited by fred666, 28 March 2010 - 09:47 PM.

#68 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:44 PM

With regards to the dust, i know most use tights as a filter but when i get around to it im going to see if i can cut up a pollen filter from another car and glue it into the air intake pipe and see if that works

#69 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 11:11 AM

Cheers dude, i had read that on here, but im yet to do the heater mod so don't want to compromize the heating yet lol

#70 theolodian

theolodian

Recovering VX owner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:12 PM

Gotta feeling i may regret this,

Yeah, my first thought was that white is a bit brave! :D

#71 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

Just a few quick snaps for now, still have a few bits to fit, the steering wheel cowl etc (Which im debating going back to an oem black item if i can find one...)

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The heated seats are all wired up with hidden wires and they're great :) I think i've achieved the exact look i was after and what i set out to do to the interior, as said above the trimming work isn't amazing, but all in and fitted you can't see thebits that niggle me so i'm happy overall.

I did say i'd be taking a different route to most on here with the VX :lol:

#72 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:08 PM

Pimpalicious. Sorry, that's chunderous not quite my cup of tea. Think you need to take your centre console back to whoever did it as it looks a bit of a mess in those pictures. But, if you're happy cleaning it every 3.5 minutes, then fair play to you. thumbsup

#73 Yellow_or_black?

Yellow_or_black?

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:24 PM

Oh my fcuking God :o :o That's even worse than anything I could have imagined I'd see on this thread - and that's saying something. Why didn't you just go ahead and have 'DVB' on the headrests As for the gear and handbrake shrouds - what is going on with them? Please sell up, and set the poor VX free :( Talking of which, what happened to the one that was saved? The chap disappeared...

#74 Yellow_or_black?

Yellow_or_black?

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,905 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:24 PM

Double post, although both together still don't express how truly awful that is :lol:

Edited by Yellow_or_black?, 30 March 2010 - 09:25 PM.

#75 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:29 PM

LMAO i love it! B) As expected :)

#76 Nelly Vx

Nelly Vx

3/3 Of a Queen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,928 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:01 PM

Fair play to you Fred you have got some balls to do that chinky chinky you could have done a two tone theme to break it up a bit , too much white for me, I'd have it black in no time lol. But it's your choice thumbsup

#77 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:12 PM

Yeah mate a lot of people will learn that about me quickly on here, i do what i like and other peoples opinions are merely that - although i accept all :) The idea with no colour is my love for spanish styling, its big out there to stick with bright monotones with no colour whatsoever, there'd be way to much black in there now for the way they mod and there'd also be a heap of airbrushing lol

#78 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:47 AM

Didnt the one that got saved have a white interior too? You may have to slart liking the colour yellow unless your a clean freek haha

#79 aron916

aron916

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:08 AM

I quite like the way the seats have been done. For me, id have a different colour and scrap the logos! But i do like the style

#80 fred666

fred666

All Show, All Go

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:23 AM

My old mans a valeter and im deep into the whole detailing thing, plenty or products here from megs, AG, poorboys etc to keep it clean :) The one that got saved did have a white interior, its one of the few mods that the guy kept, and the ONLY mod i liked on that car, untill it got 'saved' lol If anyones expecting 20" chromes and silly exhausts on my car, it's not going to happen. Aron the logos are more of an advertizing factor than anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users