• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

yeh was a private sale mate :) im very happy with this purchase, the chap i got it from was very nice and helpfull showing me how it all fitted etc and even hung around to wait for me to arrive when he was supposed to be at the pub, complete lejend he is :D i will load pics of it tomorrow, need to give it all a good clean and polish first i think its like the pace system.......dont know a great deal about the charge cooler systems though but seems good to me and was from a stage 4 vxt :)

#22 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 09:38 PM

couldnt be arsed to clean the charge cooler or coilovers yet but took a few pics today to keep a little update :)
be more going on soon when i change clutch turbo and fit charge cooler nitrons and new wheels :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

spare room is a little full........good job we have no visitors :)

Posted Image

#23 Whiteboy

Whiteboy

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,950 posts
  • Interests:F1, track days, cars ,cars and cars.

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:03 AM

The pace charge cooler was the one courtenays used to fit before going over to the pro alloy unit. It still does away with the standard intercooler and the prerad fits behind the front V instead of under the radiator. thumbsup Steve

#24 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:06 AM

thanks steve :) its that kind of setup then, it mounts behind the v grill rather than under the rad, i will need to look into how to fit these charge coolers and bleed them etc as it will be going on in a few days time...... going to pick up my compomotives tomorrow :D just need to get a fuel pump and a few other little bits and bobs and im a happy boy then :) ad

#25 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

just picked up my compomotives :D

#26 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

well all is painted now :D off to pick up the last few bits n bobs and few little clips etc are on order from dealers car has been sprayed mandarin :) i am fitting clutch, vxr turbo, charge cooler etc etc etc on sunday/monday then i will start to build the panels back up onto the car, hope to have it all together end of next week if all goes well :)

#27 Ground Effect

Ground Effect

• Pip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Crackle Free Vinyl, The Universe and how the fcuk we got here :-l

Posted 15 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

Good luck & may the force be with you thumbsup Hmm... Think i,ve watched to much starwars today chinky chinky

#28 SimonVxt

SimonVxt

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 07:20 PM

Hope it all goes well mate...

#29 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:06 PM

ha i think i need the force with me for doing the clutch :D also have to get the nitrons on and got a few little things for finishing touches to keep the orange/black theme going on :) will have pics of the car monday/tuesday for abit of an update, see how things go though :) monday i will order mmg 6fin again and maybe under drive pully, orderd fuel pump so will have that mid week, next step will be abit more power but stage 4 will do untill i get some more money together ad

#30 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

went tonight and dropped a few things off to get started on it tomorrow :) will be starting around 10am, i feel confident on changing clutch and turbo+fitting charge cooler etc. have a couple of mates giving a helping hand, while i get engine out and get that end done they are cracking on with mounting pre rad and charge cooler etc then they are starting with building front end up took off the headlight covers tonight used a night to clean the edge up, de-greased them re-sealed them :) enjoying this project alot, once i have it all back together i will be looking at brakes upgrade, few other little things then i will start looking at more power

#31 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 08:08 PM

i changed my mind today so didnt bother with the clutch and turbo etc, today we fitted the charge cooler, drilled the holes etc which were needed, also removed old sill, got the grinder out and went away with the old tiger seal then fitted new sill, also put the nitrons on. tomorrow i will fit the front clam, headlights etc to complete the front end then the day after i will have a crack at the clutch and turbo etc :) will take pics tomorrow if i remember

#32 Royster

Royster

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:29 PM

Its nice to see my old VX is getting a new lease of life, its so unfortunate that u can never tell how someone is going to treat your pride and joy when you sell it, the chap must have pranged it within a month of buying it. Look forward to seeing the finished results.

#33 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:00 PM

yeh i think it was the month after you sold it he bumped it :( big shame but its my gain i gues :) this will be an incredible car the what its going to owe me in the end :) i will load pics up tomorrow if poss, i took some today but my camera is crap and its not in natural light so they look realy crap but i might load them up later front is 90% complete, just splitters to put on, few more bolts, doors etc the engine is ready to lift out tomorrow afternoon, got the shafts etc out today so i will do that and build the rear up then i will do the interior carpets etc and the finishing touches :) thanks,ad

#34 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

what a fun day drove to douglas valley for some parts, went out to a flat tyre, did that then went home and realised i forgot a couple parts, got the engine out the vx and 2 engine mounts are totaly shot so orderd them tonight, been a crap day so not alot got done, fingers crossed tomorrow will be better :) engine is out anyway so should be back in friday afternoon if mounts arrive on time. cant wait to get this done now, soon as it is together i will get mot and a 3" system made up then tweek the map, hope to see very close to 300bhp with my mods.... ad

#35 VXTyrant

VXTyrant

Red Rules!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 11:50 AM

You seem to have a lot of time... and money :rolleyes: have you recently claimed a large sum from the lottery? Kidding aside i'd love to be able to build a VX up virtually from scratch whilst it's all in bits anyway so I could replace almost every crucial part :happy:

#36 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

ha i work for myself and can work on vx when i want realy. i sold my e46 m3 to fund this vx220 turbo and my funds are very quickly running out :( its fun but its getting stressfull now with more and more things being bought :(

#37 Ground Effect

Ground Effect

• Pip
  • 151 posts
  • Interests:Crackle Free Vinyl, The Universe and how the fcuk we got here :-l

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:28 PM

ha i work for myself and can work on vx when i want realy. i sold my e46 m3 to fund this vx220 turbo and my funds are very quickly running out :(

its fun but its getting stressfull now with more and more things being bought :(

I know the feeling, you only live once tho thumbsup ;)

#38 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

true, and i know i will love it even more than my last one, once its finished i will be saving to go further on the power with pistons, rods etc :) just abit stressed with alot of work on at the mo and trying to finish this off

#39 VXTyrant

VXTyrant

Red Rules!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:24 AM

its fun but its getting stressfull now with more and more things being bought :(

Will be worth it in the end though!

#40 edwards

edwards

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:35 PM

very true mate, its so close now but just keep hitting little problems, got engine back in tonight but the bottom balljoints are spining and cant get the nut to tighten up on them :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users