Clio V6?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Tusk

Tusk

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:46 PM

Hello all! I've recently been having naughty thoughts of a phase 1 Clio V6... Anyone here had one? Really tempted to run one for a bit in place of the VX....

#2 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:48 PM

Ask Aimy. Very different animal to the VX, from what I've read/heard. For me, it'd have to be the ph2.

#3 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:26 PM

Yeah I owned a mk1 clio v6 for around 3 years and my dad owned the mk2 (my dad preferred my mk1) the mk1 feels more raw to the mk2 in my eyes.Great cars! But they are a little underpowered for what they are, guess with weighing around 1400kg there no light weight! They do feel very special to drive compared to the Vx but the Vx is more fun/chuckable I'm my eyes. Great cars though
Posted Image

#4 moospeed

moospeed

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 03:57 PM

I was looking at these a few years ago, didn't really compare that well performance wise worth the FWD Sport versions but obviously quite a different ownership prospect. A true 'exotic'. For me the mk 1 has the looks and the mk 2 had the driving characteristics I'd want (ie keeping it pointing the direction I was after)

#5 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:12 PM

I was looking at these a few years ago, didn't really compare that well performance wise worth the FWD Sport versions but obviously quite a different ownership prospect. A true 'exotic'. For me the mk 1 has the looks and the mk 2 had the driving characteristics I'd want (ie keeping it pointing the direction I was after)

Agree with that really nice car but doesn't really out performe the 182 I also considered one of these and still thinking of moving the Vx and getting a 182 as the Vx is getting more difficult to get into 😡 might need a bit more comfort at my old years 😀

Edited by christhegasman, 01 November 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#6 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:17 PM

The clio v6 feels a lot more special than the 182 but as you say you don't own one of these for out right power.Depends what you want I guess. Speedwise there wasn't much in it between my mk1 and my dad's mk2 but mine did have a few little extra's. Oh and 3 years later I sold mine for the same price I paid

#7 Tusk

Tusk

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:22 PM

To be fair I still really like the VX, just think these look the business. How did you find your V6 to own? I've got an NA VX in yellow, was tempted to SC but haven't found the right bits at the right price. If I'm honest, not doing any track work I'm not sure I need it much faster!

#8 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 04:30 PM

Oh you'll want it faster. Contact LeeVX2.2 about it, for £3300 or whatever it is these days it's really good value and saves the hassle sourcing the bits and pieces from the US. I sourced all the bits myself and it was fun but time consuming.

#9 Rickwoo118

Rickwoo118

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:38 PM

Agree with that really nice car but doesn't really out performe the 182 I also considered one of these and still thinking of moving the Vx and getting a 182 as the Vx is getting more difficult to get into 😡 might need a bit more comfort at my old years 😀
Chris......I hope you are not leaving the VX scene.......me....then Shaun.......??? Next thing you will be getting a Campervan like me?

#10 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:44 PM

To be fair I still really like the VX, just think these look the business. How did you find your V6 to own? I've got an NA VX in yellow, was tempted to SC but haven't found the right bits at the right price. If I'm honest, not doing any track work I'm not sure I need it much faster!

The V6 was my first car and with a car that has a p*ss poor turning circle it took a bit of getting used too lol. Reliability wise? Only had to change 1 coilpack, it was due it's Cambelt change which is a big job, around 1k if I remember correctly as it's an engine out job.

#11 mick200

mick200

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:58 PM

I've had a mk2 V6 for almost 4 years, the longest of any car i've owned. Its such an occasion to drive.

Currently having its second cambelt change, clutch, lightened flywheel, water pump etc.

It does most things well, even took it to Scotland for 2 weeks touring.

Oh and its worth more now than i paid for it.

Mick

#12 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:12 PM

Chris......I hope you are not leaving the VX scene.......me....then Shaun.......??? Next thing you will be getting a Campervan like me?
Just considering the options I ain't getting any more flexible The wife isn't keen on the luxury of the Vx It doesn't get used enough But then what else could I have 😀 Still want a bit of performance and fun on a nice weekend

Edited by christhegasman, 01 November 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#13 Rickwoo118

Rickwoo118

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:25 PM

Just considering the options I ain't getting any more flexible The wife isn't keen on the luxury of the Vx It doesn't get used enough But then what else could I have 😀 Still want a bit of performance and fun on a nice weekend
Like you say a clio 182 is a fun and cheap car and good performance. I can see where you are coming from in rgds to the Vx.

#14 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:29 PM

Agree with that really nice car but doesn't really out performe the 182 I also considered one of these and still thinking of moving the Vx and getting a 182 as the Vx is getting more difficult to get into øŸ˜¡ might need a bit more comfort at my old years øŸ˜€

Just considering the options I ain't getting any more flexible The wife isn't keen on the luxury of the Vx It doesn't get used enough But then what else could I have øŸ˜€ Still want a bit of performance and fun on a nice weekend

S2000? I just couldn't bring myself to sell the Vx!

Edited by Bumblebee, 01 November 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#15 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:10 PM

Agree with that really nice car but doesn't really out performe the 182 I also considered one of these and still thinking of moving the Vx and getting a 182 as the Vx is getting more difficult to get into ø¡ might need a bit more comfort at my old years ø
Just considering the options I ain't getting any more flexible The wife isn't keen on the luxury of the Vx It doesn't get used enough But then what else could I have ø Still want a bit of performance and fun on a nice weekend
I know how you feel selling is a big decision so might not be able to do it But s 2000. ? I had forgot about those

#16 deano01

deano01

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • Interests:Playing with chainsaws and other power tools, Films, rallying, fishing, Vx

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:57 PM

The vx out performs the s2000 on acceleration up to about 75mph Chris so no point buying one. 😜

#17 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:12 PM

The vx out performs the s2000 on acceleration up to about 75mph Chris so no point buying one. 😜

A up mate long time How's turnipland 😀

#18 deano01

deano01

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • Interests:Playing with chainsaws and other power tools, Films, rallying, fishing, Vx

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:29 PM

All good good here bud, waiting for a lincs meet or something near by for me to have a good excuse to use the bloody car. On topic the Renault clio v6 is a lovely looking car but like a mitsubitshi FTO. Look like they could perform as well as sports cars but in reality only have the performance of a mondeo.

#19 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:40 PM

Agree with that really nice car but doesn't really out performe the 182 I also considered one of these and still thinking of moving the Vx and getting a 182 as the Vx is getting more difficult to get into ø¡ might need a bit more comfort at my old years ø

Just considering the options I ain't getting any more flexible The wife isn't keen on the luxury of the Vx It doesn't get used enough But then what else could I have ø Still want a bit of performance and fun on a nice weekend

I know how you feel selling is a big decision so might not be able to do it But s 2000. ? I had forgot about those

As far as I can see my Vx is defo a keeper, It puts a smile on my face more now than 4 years ago!

#20 Rickwoo118

Rickwoo118

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:49 PM

As far as I can see my Vx is defo a keeper, It puts a smile on my face more now than 4 years ago!
What, even more than your TVR Aimy?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users