insurance track days cock rings badgers

• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#1 Bill SC

Bill SC

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Helvetica;]With my insurance up soon, it was time to start looking and I was also wanting to get some track day cover. This has resulted in a move from Adrian Flux to Henderson Taylor for a premium reduction of over £200 (from just over £700 to just under £500) and the addition of inclusive track day cover.[/color]

I'm not a broker so please don't start asking me questions I'm not going to be able to answer as everyone will have their own background that may impact any potential premiums quoted, but I will list the most pertinent points below as I see them in the hope this may be useful to some of you.

After a recommendation from a guy I met recently that has a ballistic supercharged S1 Exige I contacted Matthew at Henderson Taylor (who is a thoroughly nice chap) and he explained they do speciality insurance for car enthusiasts. This means if you do 10k miles a year or more with this as your only car, they will probably not be able to quote you, but if you only do 8k or less, maybe as a second car etc… and you like your track days, you should carry on reading…..

My car is harroped with all the additions that requires (forged internals, cooling etc….) with around 315 whp and either uprated or new almost everything else (wishbones, bushes, hubs, brakes, coil overs etc…) and an LSD. All of the performance/upgraded parts are declared and a value agreed of £14,000. Never seen a harroped car sold and might well be a bit on the cheap side with todays increasing values, but it was my suggested value to Henderson Taylor, so if its low it's my fault not theirs. It's a non CAT car, clean history.

I am 39, no convictions etc… but due to a company car and then no car while I was between London/Paris for a few years I only have 3 years no claims that I can draw on (relevant to Adrian Flux, not actually relevant to Henderson Taylor).

The general insurance side is pretty much your standard fair, includes windscreen cover etc… nothing out of the ordinary that I am aware of.

BUT… And this is the kicker… The main reason I'm posting this….

For all you track day aficionados/addicts out there, the cover includes UNLIMITED UK Track Days AND UNLIMITED European Track Days…!!!!

Also noteworthy is that mileage completed on track does not count towards your annual milage limit so you can go nuts round Snetterton/Silverstone/SPA all day, only stopping for fuel, and not worry about how many miles you are racking up. Obviously getting there and back is a different matter…..

They do have to be ATDO track days (which standard and is a given for pretty much anything organised by LoT, Javelin, MSV and the other usuals that we all book through) and you do have to notify them a day before. So as long as you let them know on Friday, you can track it on Saturday.

My excess on the normal insurance side (pleasure, domestic and commute) is £350 but that is particular to me and my car. The excess on the track day side of the insurance is 10% of the value of the vehicle, so £1,400 for me. I believe 10% is standard so should be 10% for all.

I also believe my quote is underwritten by "Equity Redstar" if that means anything/matters to anyone and obviously it may not be the same underwriter for other quotes anyway.

So, if you are a relatively low mileage owner and into your track days, especially with CCi apparently quoting something like £50 for additional UK Track Days and £200 (I believe) for additional European Track Days now, Henderson Taylor might be worth a look see.

I am sure they won't be suitable for everyone, they won't be cheaper for everyone, I have posted this purely as I have seen a number of posts in the last few months from some of the track day regulars on here regards track day insurance becoming more expensive and harder to obtain and so thought I would share my experience with these guys and the unlimited track days coverage currently available.

Hope this is of interest/helpful to a few of you… 

Bill.

Linky : [color=rgb(34,34,34);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:14px;]http://www.hendersontaylor.co.uk[/color]

Edited by Bill SC, 12 March 2015 - 04:22 PM.

#2 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:24 PM

Matt's a top guy and always gets me a better deal with CCI than going to CCI direct. Moved to him a few years back after REIS stopped covering VX's (and an abortive attempt to get any sense from Classicline).

#3 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:49 PM

I'm with Matt too, he seems genuine, professional and pro-active.

#4 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 05:03 PM

Boom!   Called Classicline to renew this afternoon, they said they'd call me back to confirm the number of TD situation. Meanwhile I found this thread, gave Matt a call and quoted me £50 less then Classicline and they have new customer!   Seems they've changed underwriters as I'd called them last year and they didn't do London postcodes, but do now.   Cheers Bill!

#5 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:10 PM

I'm book marking this thread for future reference

#6 Bill SC

Bill SC

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:10 PM

Hey Bargi, Want to follow me to the national in September :D Cool, if it was useful to one person, was worth writing the essay....

Edited by Bill SC, 12 March 2015 - 06:10 PM.

#7 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:14 PM

Been with Matt last few years too, seems a genuinely nice chap and always does his best to get the best price. Refreshingly enough you don't have to worry that the premium is going to shoot up the following year just because you are no longer a new customer, unlike many other brokers.

#8 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 12 March 2015 - 06:55 PM

This looks promising....need to remember this in May.

#9 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:09 PM

In with classic line at moment but with the unclear situation around trackdays I think I will be calling this chap 👍👍👍👍

#10 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:04 PM

Any age restrictions for us youths?

#11 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:30 PM

Ha ha, nice try, your plenty old enough! Give him a call though, they now do London so should should be fine for 30 year olds

#12 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:33 PM

I'm 27..... ;)

#13 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:45 PM

I'm 27..... ;)

Yeah yeah and I'm a monkeys uncle

#14 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:56 PM

I didn't know you and my dad were brothers?

#15 Graeme Lambert

Graeme Lambert

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,543 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 11:57 PM

I'm 27..... ;)

Yeah yeah and I'm a monkeys uncle

Stop being so kind Ray

#16 rizo9

rizo9

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:10 AM

I just renewed with cci at £260 with 5/6 track days included.

#17 MartinS

MartinS

I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone&#

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
  • Interests:Track days
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:48 AM

The classic line trackday situation isn't unclear, its all in my post. Its 6 UK ATDO track days, no European ones. Each additional UK one is £53, every European one is £200.

They work out all there rules I believe using CCi as there main competition and just try to be slightly better than them, whereas Hendesron Taylor seem to be just doing what Classicline used to.

Why did no one with this company post about it before I signed for another year with Classicline??

Martin S

#18 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:54 AM

Why did no one with this company post about it before I signed for another year with Classicline??   Martin S

You mean you didn't phone the main contenders?

#19 Kieran McC

Kieran McC

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars,Track Days.

Posted 13 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

Mine is up in April Henderson Taylor look a good bet , What is their policy on European trackdays ?

#20 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:00 PM

Come on Kieran, get with the program..... :lol:

[color=#000000;][font="Helvetica;"]For all you track day aficionados/addicts out there, the cover includes UNLIMITED UK Track Days [/color][/font]AND[color=#000000;][font="Helvetica;"] UNLIMITED European Track Days!!!![/color][/font]

Also noteworthy is that mileage completed on track does not count towards your annual milage limit so you can go nuts round Snetterton/Silverstone/SPA all day, only stopping for fuel, and not worry about how many miles you are racking up. Obviously getting there and back is a different matter..

They do have to be ATDO track days (which standard and is a given for pretty much anything organised by LoT, Javelin, MSV and the other usuals that we all book through) and you do have to notify them a day before. So as long as you let them know on Friday, you can track it on Saturday.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: insurance, track days, cock rings, badgers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users